Europe 2006

Magda

I'm going again. :cool:

I prefer visiting lesser known areas. Any suggestions from those of you who live in Europe?

No, Finn, I am NOT going to Finland.

roundshort

Visit the Jura in France, it is my favorite region! Arbois is a totally cool little village, and the wine/cheese is great and they have their own cured hams that are really, really great!

Magda

I was thinking about staying around Eastern or Central Europe. Going to France would be out of my budget, unfortunately.

indifan101

How about Greece? Some of the coolest ancient temples on the planet! Unfortunetly many of them have been destroyed some by earthquakes. But it's a beautiful country. Iv'e been there many times! Just get to close to the Turkish boarder. "gulp" It's a dangerous area.

qwerty

Magda said:
I'm going again. :cool:

I prefer visiting lesser known areas. Any suggestions from those of you who live in Europe?

No, Finn, I am NOT going to Finland.
How about coming to Serbia?
Trust me, what ever you heard about it is wrong. Turn your advatureous spirit on and come here. I will give you a personal tour of central Serbia and maybe more.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
You have to visit Finland now that it won the Eurovision Song Contest.

1176862-lordivoitto2.jpg

Magda

I always knew you Finns were monsters.

I'm leaving in about two days. I am officially ready for my vacation. :cool:

qwerty said:
How about coming to Serbia?
Trust me, what ever you heard about it is wrong. Turn your advatureous spirit on and come here. I will give you a personal tour of central Serbia and maybe more.

I went on a five week tour of Europe a couple of years ago and Serbia was one of the best places. I would say Serbia, Croatia, and Slovina were all great places, the people were nice. I only wish I got to spend more time there.

I would say if you can get to Romania as well, I spent three days there and would love to go back. All of those places, especially Romania, are very cheap.

Gustav

Maybe you should go to Prague or Estonia or Romania. I can't wait to go to Romania.

The only place I have been to in Europe is Ireland. I saw a lot of it though.

Magda

My flight to Europe did not go as smooth as I had planned. The flight from Las Vegas to Chicago was nearly three hours delayed "due to weather". I was supposed to arrive in Chicago at about 6 o'clock PM central time, but instead landed five minutes past nine o'clock. By the time I got off of the plane, it was 9:15 and my next flight was due to depart at 9:55 PM. Anyone who knows O'Hare airport knows it's a b*tch getting around, especially from one terminal to the next. I had to get from terminal one to terminal five, which was where the international flights were to depart. So I waited about ten minutes for the tram and when I got off, I literally skipped stairs and dashed to the gate. I was the last person to go through security, almost forgot half of my belongings, and didn't even both to put my shoes back on before getting to the gate just before 9:55. The funny thing is... the weather in Chicago got worse with thunderstorms and we ended up waiting about an hour on the runway for it to re-open.

Needless to say, my luggage didn't make it onto the plane to Warsaw. My bags finally arrived yesterday morning.

Magda

I really want to visit Croatia, but there aren't any definite plans yet. I'm making them up as I go. LOL