TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Fanwork and Activities
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
Kai Hagen
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 149
Indiana Jones Cosplay (Costume Play)















Kai Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Are you in any of the pictures?

A ghost must have whispered:"Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!" to the Nazi on the left...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Hagen
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
Kai Hagen
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
A ghost must have whispered:"Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!" to the Nazi on the left...
Nunstück, git, Slotermeyer, Beiherhund, Flipperwaldt, gersput...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gpjk_MaCGM

Oh!
Kai Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member
 
JuniorJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scannerland.
Posts: 1,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Are you in any of the pictures?

A ghost must have whispered:"Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!" to the Nazi on the left...

Are you MAD? You've endangered all our German members.

Mods. Act quickly before it is turned into English as we all maybe at risk!
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 3,022
So, I attended the Minneapolis Comic Convention today, and figured it was a prime time to show support for the character. It was a wonderful day, and I even met some fellow Indy-ans! Here are a few of my favorite photos:













kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #6
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
So, I attended the Minneapolis Comic Convention today, and figured it was a prime time to show support for the character. It was a wonderful day, and I even met some fellow Indy-ans! Here are a few of my favorite photos:







^Saw your picture, and thought I'd post a picture of me at a comic convention local to me...I am in a similar pose here as yours.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 3,022
Indy seems to be a favorite abductee of the Doctor...
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #8
jsarino
IndyFan
 
jsarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West of the "upside down horseshoe", Missouri
Posts: 315
kongisking, great shots! Also, funny that TheFedora did a similar TARDIS shot.

One of me (with a Dorfman Pacific fedora) and some "cheaper" gear after a sand mine challenge race.


Here's a couple of mine at the St. Louis ComicCon last month, sporting better gear and the Akubra Fed IV fedora...


jsarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #9
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 3,022
That pic of you with the Marvel kids is really sweet.

I certainly wish I had the money/access for a better costume. Mine is basically scavanged from what looks close enough. Though the fedora is an officially licensed replica I got around the time of KOTCS' release. Sadly, its really rigid and a tad too big. I need a really proper replica made of felt.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #10
jsarino
IndyFan
 
jsarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West of the "upside down horseshoe", Missouri
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
That pic of you with the Marvel kids is really sweet.

Thanks! My friend (pictured as Lara Croft) I have affectionally called my "cosplay wife" when we go to these things. She's actually more into cosplay than me! My family wants to dress as Indy characters at Halloween time...my son (the one in the Captain America costume) is already telling me he'll be Short Round, my daughter as Willie (in Indian garb), and my wife going back and forth between Irina Spalko or Marian.

Quote:
I certainly wish I had the money/access for a better costume. Mine is basically scavanged from what looks close enough. Though the fedora is an officially licensed replica I got around the time of KOTCS' release. Sadly, its really rigid and a tad too big. I need a really proper replica made of felt.

Like anything else, research, save up and when the time is right, pull the trigger on a good replica. As a long-time fan, it wasn't until this year that I got into getting my costume together. I unfortunately bought things at a rush when I did my first Indy cosplay just for the race. As you saw with my earlier post, I upgraded on alot of those things, but I wish I should've planned things farther in advance.

Speaking of replicas, the next one I want to get is a good Indy jacket (mmmm, Wested). No big rush to get it yet since summer is coming in the States. I'll budget it in.
jsarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #11
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 3,022
Money's very tight at the moment (tight as in pretty much non-existent), so I definitely won't get to it for a while. Nevertheless, I know where to turn if that blessed day arrives...
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:51 AM   #12
indyclone25
IndyFan
 
indyclone25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: midlothian Illinois just south of chicago
Posts: 3,377









a few pics from the C2E2 comic con in chicago in late april where i met a few indyfans
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #13
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 3,022
Dude, whatever you do, don't go on a bridge and cut it in half. You looked scarily in-character there...

But in seriousness, sweet pictures. To this day, I love Mola Ram's look, with that headdress. That should be an iconic villain, right there.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #14
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 638
Love the pictures...but how are you getting whips on the convention floor? Every time I have brought mine, they ask me to check them in with 'weapons bonding' and say to me that whips can't be brought out of your bag at all.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #15
jsarino
IndyFan
 
jsarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West of the "upside down horseshoe", Missouri
Posts: 315
Great pics, indyclone25! As it fits your username, there looks like ALOT of clone Indys in attendance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
But in seriousness, sweet pictures. To this day, I love Mola Ram's look, with that headdress. That should be an iconic villain, right there.

Same. The headdress alone is intimidating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
Love the pictures...but how are you getting whips on the convention floor? Every time I have brought mine, they ask me to check them in with 'weapons bonding' and say to me that whips can't be brought out of your bag at all.

At the St. Louis ComicCon I was at, I was not hassled at all with the replica pistol (which was essentially a plastic toy), and the real 10' whip I had clipped to my gun belt. Same with my friend with her double pistols in her Lara Croft costume.
jsarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #16
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 3,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
Love the pictures...but how are you getting whips on the convention floor? Every time I have brought mine, they ask me to check them in with 'weapons bonding' and say to me that whips can't be brought out of your bag at all.

Precisely why I chose to not bring the pistol and holster and whip to the one I attended. Just wanted to avoid the whole issue in case it WAS an issue...that, and it's less cumbersome.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #17
indyclone25
IndyFan
 
indyclone25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: midlothian Illinois just south of chicago
Posts: 3,377
i have my whip double wrapped in the whip strap and i never get hassled by the staff of the convention. plus i guess i don't look menacing
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:27 AM   #18
HenryJunior
IndyFan
 
HenryJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CRATE#9906753
Posts: 375
It all depends on your convention and how many people security is trying to manage. Here in Phoenix, last I checked whips are ok except they do that whole safety bonding thing. I feel bad for some of the really hardcore cosplayers that work really hard on an obviously fake weapon (like a gigantic anime hammer) and then they have to go around all day with a stupid orange zip-tie on it. It just breaks the illusion.

Stay tuned, I'll post some Indy Cosplay tomorrow.
HenryJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #19
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryJunior
It all depends on your convention and how many people security is trying to manage. Here in Phoenix, last I checked whips are ok except they do that whole safety bonding thing. I feel bad for some of the really hardcore cosplayers that work really hard on an obviously fake weapon (like a gigantic anime hammer) and then they have to go around all day with a stupid orange zip-tie on it. It just breaks the illusion.

Stay tuned, I'll post some Indy Cosplay tomorrow.

Well, I went to a anime convention and then a comics convention I go to annually. They are at the same venue so they have similar policies. Well, I checked again and they do allow whips...so long as they are attached to your belt in a way that makes them unusable.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #20
jsarino
IndyFan
 
jsarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West of the "upside down horseshoe", Missouri
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
Well, I went to a anime convention and then a comics convention I go to annually. They are at the same venue so they have similar policies. Well, I checked again and they do allow whips...so long as they are attached to your belt in a way that makes them unusable.

I wonder in my case if it was just inconsistent from one day to the next. My friend went the day before in the same convention and they were very particular on how you have your "weapons" carried in, but from what she told me, as long as they inspect things as you go in, you're OK. When we went on the last day, I wasn't even checked at all outside of scanning the ticket. This ComicCon was run by WizardWorld, and was held at our largest convention center/NFL stadium, so I had fully expected the security to be tighter than it is. Then again, Day 3 of ComicCon is also "Family Day", so they might've cut us some slack when we brought our kids with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryJunior
Stay tuned, I'll post some Indy Cosplay tomorrow.

Cool...looking forward to it!
jsarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #21
IAdventurer01
IndyFan
 
IAdventurer01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wish I knew....
Posts: 1,045
Indyclone! I'm glad you did run into Mola Ram, I know you were looking for him.

Regarding the whip: C2E2 seems really lax regarding their weapons policy. I had zipties available, but my whip was just kept coiled by the whip holster. To be fair, there were large costume weapons that probably could do a lot more damage (and be much easier to use!) than the whips.

(For reference, I'm the LC Brunwald Indy in pic #4)
IAdventurer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #22
HenryJunior
IndyFan
 
HenryJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CRATE#9906753
Posts: 375
This is from the Cult Classics screening of Raiders here in Phoenix.

Me as Indy and Dad as Thot.

HenryJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.