TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Fanwork and Activities
User Name
Password

Old 08-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #51
pellman
IndyFan

Online file sharing. Probably not legal, but I didn't ask. Anyway, I'm not sharing. (i wouldn't even know how.) Except for the couple of youtube vids I made, which are tributes and my way of saying, thanks.

If you really want the whole thing yourself, it's not hard to find. The keyword "torrent" might help.
pellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #52
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Musgrov
Hey Stoo! Thanks for the invite to the Great White North! Chris and I would love to do a screening in Montreal. To put us in touch with the organizers of for Montreal's Fantasia Film Festival, please just have them drop us a line at raidersadaptation@earthlink.net

Hope it works out!
-Eric Zala
Dammit! I spoke to my friend who's one of the organizers and it's a no-go for 2010, unfortunately. He said that since the momentum has died they are going to pass "for the time being". I should have thought of this *last* year! Sorry, Eric. Anway, not all hope is lost for the future...
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #53
Moedred
Administrator

Meet the Adaptation guys this weekend at a Seattle film fest screening...
http://www.siff.net/cinema/seriesDetail.aspx?FID=231
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:38 AM   #54
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
Meet the Adaptation guys this weekend at a Seattle film fest screening...
http://www.siff.net/cinema/seriesDetail.aspx?FID=231

It's a double feature, with Raiders! Neither site I saw mentioned they would be there though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Friday February 18
Saturday February 19
7:00pm

SIFF Cinema
321 Mercer St.
Seattle, WA 98109

Double feature with Raiders of the Lost Ark: the Adaptation
Daily from Fri., February 18 until Sun., February 20
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #55
Rocket Surgeon

Raiders Of The Lost Ark:The Adaptation Screenings

Thursday, June 16 7:30p

Cinema Arts Centre, Huntington, NY

Price: $12 - $16

Phone: (631) 423-7611

In Person: Chris Strompolos (Indiana Jones) and Eric Zala (Belloq)

It's 1981. Raiders of the Lost Ark hits the big screen. Particularly impressed are three highly motivated twelve-year olds who conceive a shot-for-shot remake of Raiders, stunts and all. It would take them seven years. So how do you make a Hollywood film on an allowance? Boy Scout uniforms become Nazi costumes, and Mom's basement transforms into a Tibetan tavern(which nearly burns down). The boys' enthusiasm is a joy to behold, but part of the fun is watching them hit puberty. Voices change, actors appear short in one scene, tall the next. The actor playing Indy even shared his first-ever kiss on-screen with Marion! Raiders: The Adaptation is unavailable on DVD and has screened publicly in only a handful of venues. After a tour of Skywalker Ranch and a meeting with Steven Spielberg, the boys (who are now in their late 30s) sold their life story to Paramount Pictures \& producer Scott Rudin (The Social Network). Oscarnominated screenwriter Daniel Clowes (Ghost World) completed the script as a potential project for director Terry Zwigoff (Bad Santa).

Produced and Curated by Alan Hofmanis for Cinema Arts Centre

Last edited by Rocket Surgeon : 05-26-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #56
Rocket Surgeon

Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation to Screen at Northside's DIY Filmmaking Competition

The longest line I have ever seen in New York City was the line outside of Anthology Film Archives for a Friday night screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation, a scene-for-scene video remake of the quintessential VHS blockbuster made by three friends in Mississippi, over the course of most of the 1980s and their entire adolescences, complete with jerry-rigged boulders, bullwhips and Nazis.

We're proud to announce that this quintessential DIY film will screen at UnionDocs on June 17, as a curated feature during the course of Northside's DIY Film Festival, during which a lineup of new NYC filmmakers will compete for a July screening at Rooftop Films, support for their next film courtesy DCTV, as well as passes to IFP's Independent Film Week in September, which just announced a new home at Lincoln Center.

We're also pleased to announce some additions to the DIY Film Festival's jury (previously announced: Rosie Perez, Ted Hope, Todd P).

Patricia Swinney Kaufman, Executive Director of the New York State Governor's Office for Motion Picture and Televisiocn Development, and the wife and muse of Lloyd Kaufman, founder of Troma Entertainment.

Rajendra Roy, the Chief Curator of Film at the MoMA.

Stay tuned for a complete DIY Film Festival schedule, and for a lineup of Northside's curated screenings—by the likes of IFC Films, BAM, indiewire and many more—at indieScreen.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #57
Rocket Surgeon

Everything Is Festival, Los Angeles

Everything Is Festival, which begins Thursday night and runs through Monday at the Cinefamily at the Silent Movie Theater.

Presented by Cinefamily and the group of "video alchemists" known as Everything Is Terrible, the mix of programs -- 19 events in five days -- includes three feature films, found footage presentations, animation, a panel discussion, a keynote address, and some events that rather defy description. Numerous events will be streamed online during the festival, now in its second year.

The festival exists at an unusual intersection among film and video, the alternative comedy scene and found footage culture, and that sense of strange uncertainty -- the "What the what was that?" sensation that many of the programs inspire -- is in no small part the point.

"The festival is all the stuff where we don't know where to put it," said Dimitri Simakis, a member of Everything Is Terrible and co-director of the festival.

Sunday highlights include a screening of "Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation," the well-known years-in-the-making amateur teenage redo of the famous Steven Spielberg film.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #58
Rocket Surgeon

State Theatre New Brunswick, NJ

State Theatre
15 Livingston Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901

Raiders of the Lost Ark: The AdaptationFilm Screening/Onstage Conversation/Q&A

Friday, August 26, 2011 at 8:00 PM
Tickets: P $20.00; A $20.00; B $20.00; C $20.00

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK: THE ADAPTATION

with Special Guests: Director Eric Zala & Actor Chris Strompolos

Film Screening/Onstage Conversation/Q&A
Co-presented by Alex Dawson / The Raconteur and State Theatre.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #59
Rocket Surgeon

What: Showing of the 100-minute film, “Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation,” shot on the Coast in the 1980s; has become a favorite of film festivals around the world.

Where: University of Southern Mississippi, Long Beach Campus FEC Auditorium, fundraiser for nursing students.

When: 7 p.m., Sept. 9, one night only.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #60
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Anyone know the status of the Paramount project? I did a search and couldn't find anything. Did Super 8 impact this film's chances?
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #61
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Brody
Anyone know the status of the Paramount project?
Good question, Joe. A script draught was written in May 2007 but, other than that, who knows? I hope it gets made but am not crossing my fingers.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #62
Stoo
IndyFan

It's been uploaded to YouTube:

Raiders of the Lost Ark - The Adaptation (Full Movie)

Published on Dec 23, 2012
Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation is a 1989 American fan film, made as a shot-for-shot remake of the 1981 Indiana Jones adventure film Raiders of the Lost Ark. Using the original film's screenplay and score, it principally starred and was filmed, directed and produced over a seven-year period by three Mississippi teenagers (Chris Strompolos, Eric Zala, and Jayson Lamb).
Old 02-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #63
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
It's been uploaded to YouTube:

Raiders of the Lost Ark - The Adaptation (Full Movie)

Published on Dec 23, 2012
Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation is a 1989 American fan film, made as a shot-for-shot remake of the 1981 Indiana Jones adventure film Raiders of the Lost Ark. Using the original film's screenplay and score, it principally starred and was filmed, directed and produced over a seven-year period by three Mississippi teenagers (Chris Strompolos, Eric Zala, and Jayson Lamb).
Gone Baby, Gone...
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #64
russds
IndyFan

Negative here too.

"This video contains content from Warner Chappell and UMG, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that."

russds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #65
Stoo
IndyFan

Really? That's too bad. Over here in The Switz, it's working and I'm downloading it right now. Going to watch it later tonight.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #66
Goodeknight
IndyFan

Quote:
Over here in The Switz, it's working and I'm downloading it right now. Going to watch it later tonight.

This is you:

This is everyone chasing you:

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Well, at least looking forward to hearing your comments. Might be the closest many of us ever get to seeing it! (So type slowly, and with feelin'.)
Goodeknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #67
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

I own it and have not watched the whole thing. The copy I have has horrible audio and is very dark in low lit scenes. It is amusing and it is entertaining but the quality makes it a hard viewing. Maybe it's my copy. Very clever for some kids though.
Henry W Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #68
col.dietrich
IndyFan

Just watched it, it's great! Kinda makes me want to make fan films again...
Obviously there are fan films which are 'technically' better, but this is one is vastly superior in the effort, heart, and evoking that Indiana Jones feeling. It surpasses other, in my opinion, sterile fan-films such as The Spear of Destiny, which arrogantly boasts to be the 'Greatest Indy Fan Film of all time'. 'Raiders: The Adaptation' actually seems like a fan film, not just an imitation. It was clearly made with passion and never-ending enthusiasm, it was a great watch.
col.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #69
russds
IndyFan

Quote:
Really? That's too bad. Over here in The Switz, it's working and I'm downloading it right now. Going to watch it later tonight.

Any chance you could put it somewhere we USers could see it? I've always wanted to see it.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #70
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodeknight
IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Well, at least looking forward to hearing your comments. Might be the closest many of us ever get to seeing it! (So type slowly, and with feelin'.)
No, it certainly is not fair. Since it's a copyright issue, the video should be blocked in every country (which is pretty ridiculous considering there are TONNES of YouTube videos that use the Indy music). Let me see if Rapidshare or something similar can handle the file size. In the highest-res, the Flash file is 750MB and the converted WMV file is a big 3GB (but I think you have a Mac which might not be able to play them).

A review is coming but I want to make some accompanying screengrabs (and, yes, the review will be passionate). All I'll say right now is that "The Adaptation" ROCKS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry W Jones
I own it and have not watched the whole thing. The copy I have has horrible audio and is very dark in low lit scenes. It is amusing and it is entertaining but the quality makes it a hard viewing. Maybe it's my copy. Very clever for some kids though.
How did you get a copy, Dubya? For those who are able to watch it on YouTube, be sure to choose the highest resolution and listen with headphones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by col.dietrich
Just watched it, it's great!
Agreed and...Welcome back, col.dietrich!

P.S. @russds: Yes, I'm going to try. They aren't allowed to make money on it so I don't think there is any problem with sharing amongst ourselves.

P.P.S. Has it been blocked in Canada, Mexico and South America, too?

P.P.P.S. Found another upload from Jan. 2012. Try this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBlim3TNJcg

Last edited by Stoo : 02-20-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #71
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

I got it on the internet somewhere years ago. Found it by accident.
Henry W Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #72
russds
IndyFan

Quote:
P.P.P.S. Found another upload from Jan. 2012. Try this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBlim3TNJcg

Negatory on that one as well.

If uploading pans out, thanks in advance!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #73
Stoo
IndyFan

Thumbs up Chris Strompolos mentions TheRaider.net

How nice is this?

Interviewer: "Is there any place where people can keep up with you both online?"

Chris Strompolos: "We don't really have a central...I mean, there's a...the main place where we post our screenings and where there's information about our movie and where you can e-mail us is a place called TheRaider.net...um...and it's just that, TheRaider.net and it's, it's kind of an Indiana Jones fan portal...um...and our movie is included and, um, they post...they post our screening dates there..."

@36:31 of this video from 24 Feb. 2011:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ntloakLw-A

Old 02-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #74
russds
IndyFan

Quote:

Nice! I hadn't seen a more recent interview with them before, thanks for digging this up. Cool to see that pic with them and Spielberg, very candid. You can almost hear someone saying, "oh, can you get our pic, here's my phone....".
Old 02-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #75
Stoo
IndyFan

Yes, the photo of them with Spielberg is cool but even cooler is the talk about the 'Indy bloopers' reel. I already knew that Spielberg showed it to them but it's nice to hear the guys mention it. If anyone deserves to see it, they certainly do.