John Hurt is in Indy 4

Dr.Sartorius

I know its been mentioned in another thread but I thought this deserved its own thread. Hurt could potentially have a large role in the movie.

From IndianaJones.com:

Several stars have thrown their hats into the ring to join Harrison Ford and Shia LaBeouf in Indiana Jones' latest whip-cracking adventure. Next year, when the new Indiana Jones movie opens worldwide on May 22, Indy will share the screen with Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone and John Hurt.

Academy Award nominee John Hurt, whose career in film spans more than 40 years, has played memorable roles in movies both big and small. His impressive body of work includes such films as V for Vendetta, Elephant Man, 1984, Midnight Express, Contact, and Alien. On television, he won world-wide acclaim for his role of Caligula in "I, Claudius" and Quentin Crisp in "The Naked Civil Servant."

Who do you think John Hurt will play? Villain? Professor? Another sidekick?

Echo22

In an interview a few months back, he hinted towards a possible role in a future Spielberg film - and that it was a secret as to what.
I was thinking and hoping it was Indy 4.
He'd make a great villian.
Check it out - 3 paragraphs down.
http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/interviewpages/0,,2038230,00.html

Of course, he could be anything.

Here are some possibilities:
The main villian
Marcus's replacement at the museum
Abner Ravenwood
A fellow proffessor
Indy's uncle or a close friend of Henry Sr.

My money's on Hurt as the villian.

Echo22 said:
In an interview a few months back, he hinted towards a possible role in a future Spielberg film - and that it was a secret as to what.
I was thinking and hoping it was Indy 4.
He'd make a great villian.
Check it out - 3 paragraphs down.
http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/interviewpages/0,,2038230,00.html

Of course, he could be anything.

Here are some possibilities:
The main villian
Marcus's replacement at the museum
Abner Ravenwood
A fellow proffessor
Indy's uncle or a close friend of Henry Sr.

My money's on Hurt as the villian.

There's usually to villains so I'd say he along with Cate Blanchett would be villains.

I really doubt they'd replace Marcus. Perhaps he would play a similar character, but not Mr. Brody himself. I see John Hurt as a villian, personally.

Zorg

I really don't think they'd have John Hurt to replace Denholm Elliot. That just wouldn't make any sense.

New characters are always welcome, and Hurt is a GREAT choice for an Indy film.

deckard24

I had no clue up until today that Hurt was going to be in IJ4, and it's really weird because I recently referenced Clint Eastwood's and Wiiliam( My Mistake I meant John) Hurt's craggy features in comparison to Ford's ageing cragginess. Ford will now automatically look a lot younger standing next to Hurt. If anyone here has seen The Proposition, they'll know what I mean. This was a great casting move by Spielberg and Lucas! Not only is Hurt a great actor and he'll be an awesome villain if he indeed is one in the movie, but he'll also shave years off Ford's near 65 year old features.

Johan

Check it out...It just might be Brody:
John%20Hurt.jpg
photochronicles042.jpg

Katarn07

No recasts please. Simply write them out. It's different if the last Indy movie was three years ago, but it wasn't! I've known Denholm Elliot as Marcus my whole life and you can't go about recasting him.

The only movie I've seen this guy in is Spaceballs where the alien pops out of his chest.... again.

Grizzlor

He's not going to be Brody. Out of respect to the late Denholm, they would never do that. Could he be Ravenwood though? Nonetheless, John Hurt is terrific, especially for a period piece like this.

Dr.Sartorius

The only movie I've seen this guy in is Spaceballs where the alien pops out of his chest.... again.

You're missing a lot of great movies: Alien, Contact, V For Vendetta, The Elephant Man....

Joe Brody

Hurt rocked in Rob Roy.

I've been trashing much of the casting selections thus far but if he's to be Brody, I'm behind him 100%.

Vendetta08

I hope Hurt is a bad guy, he was pretty good in V for Vendetta, but he was also awesome as the good guy in Hellboy. On another note, I too always confuse John Hurt with William Hurt. As for Connery, I'm personally glad he's not coming back, to the entire series, he just made a cameo, he doesn't need to be in the 4th. I thought once was cool, no need to have him back again. However, although not expecting it, I still wouldn't be surprised if he had a small cameo.

deckard24

I'm sure they'll tie Brody's death into the script somehow. I could never see Spielberg recasting him with Hurt. Grizzlor said it best, "Out of respect to the late Denholm, they would never do that."

Zorg

Johan said:
Check it out...It just might be Brody:
John%20Hurt.jpg
photochronicles042.jpg

Oh come on! That would mean Brody hasn't aged a bit but Indy at the same time has aged almost twenty years. Hurt will not be Brody.

I'm guessing a villain or a fellow professor character. Maybe a colleague of Henry Sr's?