The A-Team

Goonie

I don't know if the A-Team is still up for a 2010 release date or not, but I read on another board that something from my home town may be featured in the movie! (y)

I just checked out the IMDB page for it:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/

So far they got:
Bradley Cooper as Face
Liam Neeson as Hannibal

While we wait for this TV show to hit the big screen, in the mean time we can watch The B-Team!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i36XvNGKdbI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i36XvNGKdbI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0GpRZVYGyU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0GpRZVYGyU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Classic Benny Hill sketch. (y)

Deadlock

IMDB said:
A group of Iraq War veterans looks to clear their name with the U.S. military, who suspect the four men of committing a crime for which they were framed.

As I've said before, Vietnam = Iraq. What would Hollywood have done without Saddam??? :confused:

A listers

What about these guys?

Hannibal Smith - Mel Gibson, Hugh Jackman, Ron Pearlman, Anthony Hopkins

Face - David Duchovney, Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Redford

Murdoch - Jim Carrey, Bill Murray, Billy Bob Thornton, Dennis Hopper

B.A - Ving Rhames, Michael Clarke Duncan, Ice Cube

I guess some of the Hannibal characters came about from their stogie smokin' performances.
I was thinking maybe 'Gear' could give the nod about the B.A nominees. Still, does B.A have to be black? Robert Downey Jr. could pull it off if he pumped himself a little harder. Check Tropic Thunder for more details.

Any other contenders Raveners?

Goonie

I found some more details on another message board. What they are going to be using from my home town is one of the Martin Mars flying boats. The Hawaii and the Philippine Mars are operational water bombers. Currently the Hawaii is helping put out fires in southern California (it's stationed on Lake Elsinore). The Philippine Mars is back home on Sproat Lake and is getting ready for filming that's supposed to take place in October in Vancouver's harbour.
Here's a link to the Flying Tankers website: http://www.martinmars.com/
The Hawaii Mars and the Philippine Mars are the largest oeprational flying boats in the world. The only one that's larger is Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose.

Now, this could all be a rumour, there will probably be more details in about a month. If true, it will be cool to see the Philippine Mars in the movie!

Dr. Gonzo

Apparentley one of the guys from "The Hangover" is going to play face.

I have no link, but I saw it on one of the late night shows (either dave or conan). I don't know the guys name either. I know its not really that much of a help to this board but it is definately confirmed by the actor himself, face has been cast as one of those hangover guys.

post script

It is not the guy with the satchel.

Goonie

Dr. Gonzo said:
Apparentley one of the guys from "The Hangover" is going to play face.

I have no link, but I saw it on one of the late night shows (either dave or conan). I don't know the guys name either. I know its not really that much of a help to this board but it is definately confirmed by the actor himself, face has been cast as one of those hangover guys.

post script

It is not the guy with the satchel.

It's Bradley Cooper, who played the teacher in Hangover and beat the crap out of Vince Vaughn in Wedding Crashers in the rugby tackle. His name was already on the A-Team IMDB page for awhile now.

I'm just looking forward to seeing our Martin Mars waterbomber from Sproat Lake on the big screen.

Dr Bones

The names have just been annoucned on TV...It's tha same list as on IMDB so unsure if 100% definite.

Neeson is a strange choice as he can only do Irish accents. Never heard of the other guys.

Bradley Cooper ... Lt. Templeton 'Faceman' Peck
Sharlto Copley ... Capt. 'Howling Mad' Murdock (rumored)
Liam Neeson ... Col. John 'Hannibal' Smith
Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson ... Sgt. Bosco 'B.A.' Baracus
Jessica Biel....

Last edited:

Cole

When I read this thread and others like "Fox rebooting Fantastic Four".........I can't help but think what a sad state that movies are in today.

And people want to go berserk over Indy 4.

*face palm*

Goonie

Dr Bones said:
The names have just been annoucned on TV...It's tha same list as on IMDB so unsure if 100% definite.

Neeson is a strange choice as he can only do Irish accents. Never heard of the other guys.

Bradley Cooper ... Lt. Templeton 'Faceman' Peck
Sharlto Copley ... Capt. 'Howling Mad' Murdock (rumored)
Liam Neeson ... Col. John 'Hannibal' Smith
Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson ... Sgt. Bosco 'B.A.' Baracus
Jessica Biel....

Bradley Cooper was the teacher in this summer's Hangover and the guy rugby tackling Vince Vaughn in Wedding Crashers. Sharlto played Wikus in District 9, and I think the guy playing BA is from UFC.

I think filming began in Vancouver already and is supposed to continue thru October. I read on another board that the Martin Mars waterbomber (flying boat) from my hometown is going to be used for its scenes sometime in October.

Goonie

Mania posted a video from ET from the set. check out the new BA:
http://www.mania.com/ateam-set-footage_article_118392.html

I just read on another board that they may be shooting a scene in my hometown over on Vancouver Island.

It looks like the Phillipine Mars flying boat (water bomber) may not be shooting its scenes in Vancouver, but maybe at it's home base on Sproat Lake. I grew-up next to the Flying Tankers base, so it will be cool to see it on the big screen.

I guess this is the second major feature that is going to be filmed in my hometown. The first one that shot there was Chris Nolan's Insomnia. I remember when Robin Williams and Al Pacino came to town. They actually made themselves quite accessible to the public for signing autographs and picture taking. I missed them though as I was in college in Victoria.

Goonie

First official pic:

The_A-Team_3Medium.jpg

ROB98374

I used to love that show! (A long, long time ago)
I am looking forward to the movie. Any release dates known?

fixer79

I'm still not 100% convinced after seeing the little bit of footage and this new group pic...

It looks a bit like some neigborhood friends decided to dress up as the A- Team for Halloween...

Also, I would have preferred if they would've set this movie in the Eighties...
They've kept the recent Starsky & Hutch movie set in the seventies, didn't they? I don't know why it was necessary to 'update' The A-Team.
To me, it's like setting Bonanza in the nineties or Happy Days in the present.

I hope to see a trailer soon that proves me wrong...