Indy's fiancees, ever get tired of them?

Lao_Che

There are others but skimming Raiders' list some of the missing I can think of that haven't been said:

Lizzie Ravenall 1913.
Henrietta from the Veracruz dock in Love's Sweet Song.
Madelaine from the fuzzy 1921/22 timing of Peril at Delphi. Squeaky voiced from Paris if I'm remembering it correctly but they've split up by the book's start.
Rita (Indy's close-call financé from a couple of lines in Black's Raiders novel. Date unknown.)
Susan Ryan (one of Indy's students in '36, supposedly present at Indy's house when Brody turns up in Raiders and cut from the movie. Black's Raiders novel)
Oh and Francisca Uribe Del Arco, the "Latin lollipop" from Arms of Gold in

And if you're talking about the nurse from Tales of Innocence, her name was Sofia. ;)

Last edited:

Stoo

Demitasse said:
@Stoo: Ha, I kind of liked Rosa. Totally sweet and unassuming. It's weird that Indy rejected her (or anyone at all for that matter as he seems pretty indiscriminant in the chronicles!) Maybe he rejected her for her political ideology...? How about Maggie Lemass? She was a pretty vapid and cringe-worthy character.
Eeesh, you're right, Demitasse. I forgot about Maggie Lemass.:sick: Add her to my short-list of non-desirable Indy girls.(n) Rosa was sweet but I don't find her physically attractive. Maybe Indy felt the same way?
Demitasse said:
I would have liked to see things work out with that bland Molly from Istanbul, but that whole thing was built on a lie and you get to see what a cad Indy was!! He's pretty dark in that episode. What woman would still choose "Nils" after being lied to so bad?! Hard to swallow!
Not that hard to swallow. Speaking from personal experience (see: posts #10 & 13) some girls/women will forgive anything if the love is strong enough (and that goes for some guys, too).
Demitasse said:
How about the leading ladies that never were? Margaret Trappe from Phantom Train, Nadia from Espionage and Maya from Daredevils??
Never cared for any of those 3. Pretty as she was, Margaret Trappe was a bit too butch for my tastes. Nadia = meh. Maya didn't really do it for me but I wouldn't kick her out of bed.
Demitasse said:
How about Scandal? Who would you have picked? Peggy, Kate, Gloria? Always thoght that would be a great thread (albeit kinda male-centric)...
Personally, Gloria would be disqualified immediately. (She might be fun for one night but nothing worth the long term. What a floozy!) Peggy or Kate is a hard decision. Ultimately, I think I'd go for Kate because of her liberal attitude.
Lao_Che said:
There are others but skimming Raiders' list some of the missing I can think of that haven't been said:
--SNIP--
Henrietta from the Veracruz dock in Love's Sweet Song.
Hi, Leland. Thanks for chiming in.:hat: Henrietta was missing from Raiders' list but both Jeremiah Jones & myself mentioned her back in posts #8 & 10. Even so, she's really only a borderline contender. They talked on the dock...not much else...

The rest of your list is great, though!(y) More names can be added. However, this is a Young Indy thread. (Not that it really matters.)
Lao_Che said:
And if you're talking about the nurse from Tales of Innocence, her name was Sofia. ;)
Sofia is the main one but remember, in Italy, there were 2 nurses who were an object of Indy's affection.

dr.jones1986

Even though "Masks of Evil" was not one of my favorite episodes, I thought Maria was very attractive. Vicky Prentiss was also hot and seemed to have a nice personality.

michael

@Stoo: Ha, I kind of liked Rosa. Totally sweet and unassuming. It's weird that Indy rejected her (or anyone at all for that matter as he seems pretty indiscriminant in the chronicles!) Maybe he rejected her for her political ideology...?

i do find it funny, the one girl out of all the episodes absolutely throwing themselves to Indy, and she's not even a blip on his radar.

Maybe Lucas never wanted Indy to have any ties to communism. Maybe it was Lucas's political view too?

But I agree, Rosa was incredibly sweet. She seemed to genuinely care for him. The surprise birthday party was awesome. Possibly one of my favorite love interest characters.

Demitasse

Found a podcast interview with the actress who played Molly in Masks of Evil. She talks about getting the Young Indy role at the 8:40 mark. Always wondered what became of her - poor thing - seems she was one of the early Harvey Weinstein victims...
Hollywood follies... 😖

Henri_Defense

One must wonder if any of Indy's encounters, especially the one night stands like with the nurse in Tales of Innocence, ever resulted in any other children besides Mutt. Remember, this was before the age when birth control was all that mainstream...

That seems likely, especially when you look at the old Indy bookends, where you have the daughter Sophie, and a mention of him having multiple (living) children in the bookends for "Vienna, November 1908". Going by Dial of Destiny, Marion is unlikely to be the mother of them all. However, she and Mutt does create a precedent of Indy sleeping with a woman, she gets pregnant, but does not notify Indy (years later, the kid shows up on his doorstep). Judging by the evidence, Indy can have kids born as early as 1917 and as late as 1958 (1957 + nine months), provided that he was sexually active all the way up to 1957 (when he and Marion get married).