Nhl Smackdown!

roundshort

I Hate Snakes! said:
Wait a sec, you're from Napa. Shouldn't you be more of a Sharks fan? :confused:

I live in Napa, and love it. But I am born and raised in the 'burgh, ALL BALCK AND GOLD!

(I was rooting for the sharks or Ducks, but neither had what it takes this year)

Ska

Stoo said:
Maybe because there's a new Indy movie on the horizon?;)
I'll root for the Penguins simply on the merit of them switching back to their vintage logo!(y)

haha

Oh yeah, I do remember hearing something about a new Indy movie...

Paden

Well, the Stars finally sent the Sharks packing (y) (Anyone watch that marathon fifth Dallas/San Jose game? Over five hours...eighth longest game in NHL history.) Now Dallas is in line to face the Red Wings. Can't say I'm not tense. History definitely favors the Wings. However, given the fluid nature of the game, I'm not about to count my boys out. We've certainly put together great efforts in the first two rounds. :D

That said, I think Pittsburgh/Philly is going to be a series to watch. Two scrappy teams with the championship on the line: a ticket for great hockey!

San Holo

Paden said:
Well, the Stars finally sent the Sharks packing (y) (Anyone watch that marathon fifth Dallas/San Jose game? Over five hours...eighth longest game in NHL history.) Now Dallas is in line to face the Red Wings. Can't say I'm not tense. History definitely favors the Wings. However, given the fluid nature of the game, I'm not about to count my boys out. We've certainly put together great efforts in the first two rounds. :D

That said, I think Pittsburgh/Philly is going to be a series to watch. Two scrappy teams with the championship on the line: a ticket for great hockey!
Yeah, we don't have such a hot track record with the Red Wings, do we. There will be plenty of fingers crossed in Texas this Thursday night;)

Paden

San Holo said:
Yeah, we don't have such a hot track record with the Red Wings, do we. There will be plenty of fingers crossed in Texas this Thursday night;)
Well brother, I guess come Saturday we'd best start crossing our fingers and toes. ;) Last night's game was not a fun one to watch. The Stars' defense was hammered trying to contain the Wings and Dallas' offense...had left the building, apparently. Here's hoping we rise to the challenge in Game 2.

indifan101

Paden said:
Well brother, I guess come Saturday we'd best start crossing our fingers and toes. ;) Last night's game was not a fun one to watch. The Stars' defense was hammered trying to contain the Wings and Dallas' offense...had left the building, apparently. Here's hoping we rise to the challenge in Game 2.

Lol With Detroit's offensive rush, Ozzie, pk, pp, physical game of Detroit and the cutback on turnovers since Nashville Detroit's consistant gameplay is the best in the league. Trust me Iv'e been a wings fan since birth and Dallas is done. Wings vs Pens Stanley Cup Finals
LETS GO RED WINGS!:D

U.S.Raider

^
that would be quite the game.
The Pens/Rangers series was awsome, too bad they're in the same confrence for that would be a killer matchup for the cup.
I think Philly's going to put up a fight in the next few games, but hopefully the Pens will bite back and take it.
It's also a little shocking that I havn't heard Crosby's name as much, it seems to be more of Malkin + the entire team accually scoring and getting those funny bounces in the crease, and as a player myself I know how important it is to just get the shot on net and hope maby for a bounce or the rebound. It's comforting (for a pens fan) to know that Pittsburgh has such a rounded, talented team. I think they very well could take it this year, if they want it bad enough.
so,
LET'S GO PENS!
woot!

roundshort

U.S.Raider said:
^
that would be quite the game.
The Pens/Rangers series was awsome, too bad they're in the same confrence for that would be a killer matchup for the cup.
I think Philly's going to put up a fight in the next few games, but hopefully the Pens will bite back and take it.
It's also a little shocking that I havn't heard Crosby's name as much, it seems to be more of Malkin + the entire team accually scoring and getting those funny bounces in the crease, and as a player myself I know how important it is to just get the shot on net and hope maby for a bounce or the rebound. It's comforting (for a pens fan) to know that Pittsburgh has such a rounded, talented team. I think they very well could take it this year, if they want it bad enough.
so,
LET'S GO PENS!
woot!

The Pens Flyers is going better than expected, 2-0, which is nice! You haven't been hearing Crosby's name so much because they really have him matched well in both Rangers and Flyers series,l but Malkin is mismatched on that second line. You notice Crosby has scored key goals, and has really been keeping up the D pressure.!

LETS GO PENS!!!

FETT1

Nhl 2008 Stanley ..oi ...cup..

..CRUSH CROSBY...:sick:
No CANADIAN TEAMS LEFT...NO INTEREST...
GO TEAM CANADA in the IIHF ...

nuff said...
GO INDY...
FETT1...OUTT!!!

FETT1

roundshort said:
????? Crush Crosby, isn't he Canadian?

yeah...BUT the pens are not...
crosby IS A WINER...
ovechkin IS STILL THE BEST ...THE so-so league HAS TO OFFER!