The 8 Greatest Hasbro Indy Figures

DocWhiskey

I kind of agree I guess. Not so much with number one. What about the Ugha warriors? They were cool detailed figures. I'd put Mola Rom for number one. I don't have him, but I was able to see him up close at Chicago Comic Con, and he looked great. The Crystal Skull Indy is nice, but mine came with 2 left feet. That's why I was a bit disappointed. Thanks for the link, Lonsome!

Lance Quazar

Henry, Mola Ram and Shorty deserve to be on the list, that's for sure.

Not so sure about the others......Grail Knight is great, but suffers from a lack of articulation, particularly in the legs.

I'd probably put Vogel on there. Best all around Indy figure is ToD Indy, hands down, though the lack of the more iconic "jacket look" makes him less than definitive.

German motorcycle driver is definitely the best of the deluxe line.

You could probably make things easy and say "Temple of Doom Wave" plus Henry comprise their "best of."

lao che & sons

The entire temple of doom wave should be on that list. Then add henry and the grail knight. I have all but 1 temple of doom figure (temple guard) and they are insanely detailed. I agree with the wanted list. I hesitated to buy anything from this line and waited until sept.

I would've died for a perfect indiana jones action figure. If anything hasbro could've done a limited collectors edition in 6" scale with perfet harrison ford sculpt, beutiful clothing details, and an openable side pouch with knife and book in it. maybe even as an exclusive on hasbro.com limited to 5000 and for $50. THAT, would be awesome!:D

Grandpa Agasa

I agree with lao che, the entire TOD wave should be on there. Henry Jones Sr. as well, and then Vogel (I love that figure).

And for the figures we never got, I'd rather have a Colonel Dietrich or Belloch in his white suit than an Indy in german disguise... I thought that was a lame choice.

Billy Ray

I'm not sure I agree on the Grail Knight being in the top 8. He's a great figure, don't get me wrong, and I am glad I have him but he has his issues...mostly his inability to stand un-aided. As for the rest, I pretty much agree, but you guys are right...the whole ToD wave should be in the top 8. I think ToD Indy is the best Indy we got, but not the "definitive" Indy I guess.

**EDIT** I wonder if they got Dan Curto's (Rebelscum/Cool Toy Review) permission to use his photos?

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

Grandpa Agasa said:
I agree with lao che, the entire TOD wave should be on there. Henry Jones Sr. as well, and then Vogel (I love that figure).

And for the figures we never got, I'd rather have a Colonel Dietrich or Belloch in his white suit than an Indy in german disguise... I thought that was a lame choice.

I completely agree, though Hasbro did say Dietrich was in the works, just not as part of the Raiders 2 wave....possibly for a deluxe item??

I don't think German Indy was a lame choice, but there were definitely better choices. They were probably trying to save dough by recycling with that one, though.

I'll never get over my rage at not getting a suited Belloq. Hell, even if there is an Indy 5, I'm convinced we won't get one - just Raiders Wave 2 and figures from the other films.

DAMN YOU!!!!!!

phantom train

Great link - but, seeing the list (and pictures) of the figures that never came out is somewhat disheartening. Even if they had only come out with the "Final 5" (Satipo, German Mechanic, Indy in Disguise, Marion in white dress, & Toht), that would have been almost enough for me. Instead, we got teased with the pictures and then the line got canned before they were released - very unfortunate.

MrJinx

I agree the final five would have been a great way to have concluded the line. I also would have been content. Maybe one day in the future they will release them as some sort of exclusive. ;)
Mr.J

lao che & sons

Here's my top 8:

8. Willie Scott. Hasbro didn't give her a fair treatment here. In the movie when willie scott was being sacrificed she didn't have on the neckless only the lei. Plus it's hard to put her in any other position. I would've liked to see her dress be fabric and removable to kill to birds with one stone (like mola ram).

7.Deluxe german motorcycle. That was an amazing figure and the bike was just as great.

6.Henry Jones sr. Yeah, he's great but the one I got had gold paint on his beard. He also came with too many accesorries, I di remmember the scene with the luger but i would've been happier without.

5.Indiana Jones (tod) a great figure but he seems stiff, I think hasbro finally figured out how to make a great indy (but it was too late) Hasbro did start going for collectors in this line and it shows. They even planed to do the next wave with action figure stands!

4. Chief temple guard. This figure was done perfectly. No extra accesory, no tight joints, georgous paint job, I could go in forever.

3. short round. this figure in great. Shorty has always been my favorite charcter in indy and I couldn't wait to buy him. Even if it would cost me $25. they couldn't have done any better with him.

2. The crystal skeleton. WOW! when I got this one after 7 months of waiting it was well worth it. The figure is absolutley amazing and the perfect mail-in too bad hasbro doesn't know how to run a freakin' mail in!:mad:

1. And last but most definatley NOT least. I present to you... Mola Ram. THis figure was perfect! They never would've had to make another one. Because you can make him from any scene you want, the sacrifices, the blood of kali scene, and the bridge scene. This is the ULTIMATE indiana jones action figure!!(y)

deckard24

What, no Temple of Doom Indy? I thought that was one of the best Indys of the line, and one of the best likenesses of Ford! Maybe I just picked up a really good version?

I'd agree with most of the list, but some of the figures like the Cairo Swordsman, Sallah, and Monkey Man were pretty damn good.

lao che & sons

deckard24 said:
I'd agree with most of the list, but some of the figures like the Cairo Swordsman, Sallah, and Monkey Man were pretty damn good.

that's true but when you only have 8 to choose from you can only pick the best.

Dr Bones

deckard24 said:
What, no Temple of Doom Indy? I thought that was one of the best Indys of the line, and one of the best likenesses of Ford! Maybe I just picked up a really good version?

My TOD indy is a good likeness but why is the head so much bigger than the others? I wante d to use it for a ROLA custom but it look disproportionate.

I managed only to find one good TOD as the other couple of dozen or so I have seen on the shelves looked more like Chuck Norris! (someone was heavy handed with the beard paint!)

A decent ROLA Indy figure is a must for any list....German Mechanic, Marion in white dress, Satipo (even though a small role still iconic), Toht, Belloch in white suit, University Dr Jones, all would have rounded of the line nicely.

deckard24

lao che & sons said:
that's true but when you only have 8 to choose from you can only pick the best.
True! Maybe they should have gone with a top 10?

I'm shocked though, Mutt w/Snake didn't make the list!;)

Dr Bones said:
My TOD indy is a good likeness but why is the head so much bigger than the others? I wante d to use it for a ROLA custom but it look disproportionate.
Yeah the head on mine is slightly large, but then again Ford has kind of a big noggin.;)

I'm also surprised that the Streets of Cairo Indy didn't get mentioned, that one turned out pretty nice, unlike the Raiders standard Indy that looked like Regis Philbin.

Last edited:

Meerkat

Those are better than many of the other Indy figures I've seen before.
I don't collect myself, but I think they've done a discredit to Indy action figure collectors by not releasing at least ONE of these.

UIMJ

lao che & sons said:
Here's my top 8:

8. Willie Scott. Hasbro didn't give her a fair treatment here. In the movie when willie scott was being sacrificed she didn't have on the neckless only the lei. Plus it's hard to put her in any other position. I would've liked to see her dress be fabric and removable to kill to birds with one stone (like mola ram).

7.Deluxe german motorcycle. That was an amazing figure and the bike was just as great.

6.Henry Jones sr. Yeah, he's great but the one I got had gold paint on his beard. He also came with too many accesorries, I di remmember the scene with the luger but i would've been happier without.

5.Indiana Jones (tod) a great figure but he seems stiff, I think hasbro finally figured out how to make a great indy (but it was too late) Hasbro did start going for collectors in this line and it shows. They even planed to do the next wave with action figure stands!

4. Chief temple guard. This figure was done perfectly. No extra accesory, no tight joints, georgous paint job, I could go in forever.

3. short round. this figure in great. Shorty has always been my favorite charcter in indy and I couldn't wait to buy him. Even if it would cost me $25. they couldn't have done any better with him.

2. The crystal skeleton. WOW! when I got this one after 7 months of waiting it was well worth it. The figure is absolutley amazing and the perfect mail-in too bad hasbro doesn't know how to run a freakin' mail in!:mad:

1. And last but most definatley NOT least. I present to you... Mola Ram. THis figure was perfect! They never would've had to make another one. Because you can make him from any scene you want, the sacrifices, the blood of kali scene, and the bridge scene. This is the ULTIMATE indiana jones action figure!!(y)

To each their own, man. But I don't understand how a figure coming packed with lots of accessories is a bad thing. This might qualify as the strangest thing I've read on this forum - and there have been some doozies....

Errex

UIMJ said:
To each their own, man. But I don't understand how a figure coming packed with lots of accessories is a bad thing. This might qualify as the strangest thing I've read on this forum - and there have been some doozies....

Well, most of the time the amount of accessories isn't the real trouble, but having the space on the figure to place them on.

Like, if the bag that came with Henry Sr had been designed to open (I'm thinking a plastic hinge) so it could carry the Grail diary or at least the Luger, Indy's dad would not need to have stuff lying at his feet. Personally, I have mine holding both gun and book, with the valisse resting on the display base I gave him.

lao che & sons

UIMJ said:

I'm more into collecting these things not playing with them (however I do take some out of packaging. I'm also kin of a display freak and I hate having a random gun just laying around. I would rather he could hotld it. I don't know, but tha'ts just how I thionk about it.:p