Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Globe-trotting
User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #1326
inky_skin
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Cosplay's all the rage. Which Ravener wants to be Thot and which one wants to be Belloq?

I'm more of a Pat Roach. Did any of his characters actually have names ?
inky_skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:26 PM   #1327
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky_skin
I'm more of a Pat Roach. Did any of his characters actually have names ?

Fanon only, I think, albeit Kooshmeister fanon.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:51 AM   #1328
Stoo
IndyFan

Thumbs down Bad News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky_skin
Stoo - I figured for the sake of others wishing to participate I'd have to call it at some point. My decision was based on your intel that Indy would be in the post on Nov 9. Packages usually reach me within 10-14 days from the US. I had understood (certainly from my own indirect recent dealings with The Drifter) that his involvement / participation was flaky at best, and he'd likely go to ground completely after fobbing us off - we'd have no second chance. Indy didn't materialise within that timeframe and I lost hope of regaining him. It's frustrating to be so geographically remote. I'd certainly make the journey to retrieve him if I could.

Maybe I was too hasty though - the continued enthusiasm here for some black-ops style extraction shenanigans suggests that to be the case...
Bad news: Yesterday, I discovered that The Drifter has now blocked me on Facebook so I can't send him messages nor even see his profile page. I was polite to him & understanding (he even thanked me for my "kind words") and prodded him only 4 times after his promise to send Indy, exactly 1 month ago, on Nov 9th. It's not like I was being a nuisance. Heck, I even offered to send him $100 ca$h!

Inky, can you still contact him via your intermediaries? To be honest, I was wary of "allowing" the figure to be put into Drifter's hands during your absence so I feel responsible for this fiasco.

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 12-09-2015 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Removed Drifter's real name; I see no reason to violate his pseudonymity publicly, despite the circumstances. PM Stoo for it if you can be of use in this.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #1329
doppelganger
IndyFan

Well what a......

He sounds like an irredeemable character.

To put it politely.

An A hole to put it another.
doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:12 PM   #1330
Pale Horse

I have faith in the goodness of people. Bad things happen all the time and even the best of us make choices that aren't always the clearest or sound when that happens.

Sometimes all it takes is the right perspective to clarify what to do next.

While I agree that Drifter hasn't previously demonstrated the wisest of choices, I still think he'll step up and do what's right. Even if it's to say "Sorry, I blew it, and can't make the current situation right."

All'd be forgiven, I suspect, if that were to happen. Even Raveners know when to put the pitchforks down. It's what makes this community one of the best ones around.

Or as Hans Gruber the ever prepared, always one step ahead, mastermind, genius kidnapper and misguided terrorist would say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans
It's Christmas, Theo. It's the time of miracles, so be of good cheer...
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #1331
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Last edited by Attila the Professor : Today at 12:15 PM. Reason: Removed Drifter's real name; I see no reason to violate his pseudonymity publicly, despite the circumstances. PM Stoo for it if you can be of use in this.
I see no reason to suppress it, considering that The Drifter, himself, provided his own name here at The Raven.

First name (+ birthdate)
Last name
(The term for a "barrel maker" is a "cooper".)

That's how I knew his real identity. 'Tis readily available right here…in black & beige.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #1332
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
I see no reason to suppress it, considering that The Drifter, himself, provided his own name here at The Raven.

First name (+ birthdate)
Last name
(The term for a "barrel maker" is a "cooper".)

That's how I knew his real identity. 'Tis readily available right here…in black & beige.

There's something to that, but putting it together here is still aggregating, after a fashion. Though, of course, The Drifter's inexplicably managing to forget your uncanny memory for our archives does put this in his hands.

The point's well-taken, but the edit will stand.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:26 AM   #1333
Indymag
IndyFan

This is quite a sorry story from what is an amazing fan effort . Indymag is quite happy to highlight this issue and support a campaign via social media for his return.
Indymag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:11 AM   #1334
inky_skin
IndyFan

No blame apportioned to any parties, no compensation sought.

All I want is a simple yes or no from The Drifter. Are we getting Indy back and if so, when. Or is he gone for good.

Then at least I feel we can move on "cleanly".

I'll push my middle-man again, but I think we require a strategy for the probable "no response" eventuality which doesn't involve a personal visit...
Old 12-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #1335
Pale Horse

Step One:

Can a picture of the accumulated "ephemera" be uploaded here for all to see? Gives a new journey some history to draw from.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:23 AM   #1336
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

I will try and contact Drifter today on the phone.
Henry W Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:32 AM   #1337
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

FYI. Drifter is not a bad guy. He is going through some pretty serious life stuff. I'm not saying he shouldn't have sent it back but, if you were going through what he is right now you might understand why this hasn't been his priority. I sent him a text message. I will keep you all posted as to what I find out.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #1338
Pale Horse

I don't mean to be cynical or unsympathetic to trails and tribulations in life, but I've know that a first hand report would go a long way for The Drifter, for both sides involved. We'd have closure, and he'd realize that this community is actually supportive of it's members.

Most everyone here would enthusiastically forgive and offer to help out in whatever way they can, if he would simply accept it.

But when he knows that people are trying to work with him, and he actively ignores the situation, it doesn't help his image or reputation. People lose patience in that sort of scenario.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:49 AM   #1339
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

Like I said, I am not defending his actions but I do know his situation right now and it's pretty bad. I went through something similar and that's why I was on hiatus from this site for a while. I will do my best to contact him and see if I can resolve the situation. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #1340
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Let us know if there is a way we can/should help him.

I've seen this happen in countless forums with different causes. From addictions to loss of a family member to loss of a job and home to serious illness. Someone vanishes with unfulfilled commitments and the community is angered. For the former member, a web site is far down on the list of priorities, and an unwelcome distraction from trying to keep life together and deal with unthinkable hardship.
InexorableTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #1341
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry W Jones
FYI. Drifter is not a bad guy. He is going through some pretty serious life stuff. I'm not saying he shouldn't have sent it back but, if you were going through what he is right now you might understand why this hasn't been his priority. I sent him a text message. I will keep you all posted as to what I find out.
Thanks a million for helping out, Henry W! It's really appreciated. Welcome back.

From what I know, Drifter's problems seem to have started about 11 MONTHS AFTER he vanished from The Raven. That's almost a full year unaccounted for, with no communication, no explanation & no excuse.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:51 AM   #1342
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

So far, no luck. I will try again soon. Last time I heard from him was thanksgiving.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:19 AM   #1343
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry W Jones
So far, no luck. I will try again soon.

Oh the things you would see just over the horizon...

DSC01533

DSC01544
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #1344
Pale Horse

Quote:
Thanks a million for helping out, Henry W!

Indeed, thank you.

Quote:
Drifter's problems seem to have started about 11 MONTHS AFTER he vanished from The Raven. That's almost a full year unaccounted for, with no communication, no explanation & no excuse.

He's also PROMISED to three people this past month that A) He has the figure and B) He would return it.

This might sound harsh but if that doesn't happen, that makes him a liar.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:32 PM   #1345
Pale Horse

Quote:

Happy Birthday?
Old 12-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #1346
inky_skin
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Can a picture of the accumulated "ephemera" be uploaded here for all to see? Gives a new journey some history to draw from.

I'll get on it over Christmas.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #1347
XanaduEli
IndyFan

Has there been any new information?
XanaduEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:56 PM   #1348
Pale Horse

Unless convinced elsewhere, I'm conceding.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #1349
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

I've made several attempts. He is not responding.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:51 AM   #1350
inky_skin
IndyFan

Sadly, I think we have to conclude that this phase of the project is done. Give me a couple of days to collect my thoughts and I'll outline my future plans later in the week.