Ronald Reagan

00Kevin

Indyfan
Let us drink to Ronald Reagan! One of the Best presidents of the past few decades and the man credited for bankrupting the USSR and ending the cold war

(plus being president when raiders and temple were released)

RIP

*bottoms up*

Last edited by a moderator:

00Kevin

Indyfan
also note that probubly at least half of the people on this forum were born during his presidency

Joe Brody

Renderking Fisk said:
[Reagan] made mistakes, but unlike those who followed he owned up to them.

I'd check that. I seem to recall Reagan being under oath and having some serious memory lapses over (I think) Iran-Contra.

[and jokingly] Plus, I thought Bruce Springstein and Sylvester Stallone were also responsible for the re-birth of American Pride.

Junior Jones

I don't feel old (I was born during the Nixon presidency), but Ronald Reagan was probably the greatest president in my lifetime (at least so far).

thefumegator

He was a man of principle who had guts. I was born during his presidency, so I don't remember a lot about him, but the more I learn, the more I like him.

I'll drink to him.

Hiya, Pale Horse! ;)

Wes

hffan2000

reagan was a great president. he really did a lot to help this country. the sad thing is that he suffered from a disease that is extremely hard to beat. it's too bad he couldn't have had some words for the public in his final years.

(btw fisk, keep up the good work with your articles)

Katarn07

And to think my History teacher was marvelling that there were still 5 presidents alive last week.... That really gives me an eerie feeling for some reason.

I was born in '87, the last year of his time in office, but from what I've learned in school he was indeed a great president.

Tessa

Moderator Emeritus
Reagan when to college not to far from when I live now (about a half hour or so in fact). And he was one of most influential presidents and governors of Califorina. May he rest in peace.

www.ronaldreagan.com

Joe Brody

Matthias1138 said:
And to think my History teacher was marvelling that there were still 5 presidents alive last week.... That really gives me an eerie feeling for some reason.

Don't get too freaked out by your teacher. There were rumors floating around for at least a week prior to Reagan's death that his health was failing.

Strider

Reagan was an interesting fellow. I'm to young to have known that much about him but I do know he tried to uncover the truth about aliens. It is because of that that I respect him.

Joe Brody

Strider said:
. . . I do know [Reagan] tried to uncover the truth about aliens. It is because of that that I respect him.

You should go back and read some of the pre-Ron Headrest cartoons in Doonesbury from the early '80's. They were a trip.

Strider

I think I'll do that bub! I've read some pretty funny Doonesbury in the past, I'd say there worth a second look.

Pale Horse

Staff member
An interesting report came out of Gallup today. Ronald Reagan From the Peoples Perspective

Long Story Short, while in office he wasn't a very popular President. Hindsight, it seems, just goes to show, "A leader, once convinced a particular course of action is the right one, must have the determination to stick with it and be undaunted when the going gets rough."

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Also remember that this is only President to win 49 out of 50 states in an election. (the only President to win all of the states was Washington, but there were only 13 of them at the time, so it is hard to make a compairison)

That fact alone should testify to the greatness of this beloved leader.

May he truly be in his "shining city on a hill". God bless the Reagan home.

westford

I was quite surprised to learn that Reagan was the longest-lived president. Still, 93 is a fair age.

It's sad that Alzheimers made him forget ever being president, and that he didn't remember his family towards the end. That'd be a scary and lonely way to go out.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
westford said:
I was quite surprised to learn that Reagan was the longest-lived president. Still, 93 is a fair age.

It's sad that Alzheimers made him forget ever being president, and that he didn't remember his family towards the end. That'd be a scary and lonely way to go out.

According to his daughter, who was at his side in the end, Mr. Reagan opened his eyes (which he had not opened for several days), he looked right at Nancy without the "hazyness" they they had held for so many years. One could hope that his real self broke through that cloud of Alzheimers for one last good-bye.