Indy IV is on...its off...its on...its off...etc, etc, etc.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Okay, kids. I'm going to say this one time and once only.
1. Indiana Jones IV is going to happen. Sooner than some would think.
2. GL, SS, & HF are not going to take time off...any length of time what-so-ever.
3. There are many websites who are just picking up news about the now infamous Oscar quote. (IGN.com, movies.com, and others are NOT the place to go for up-to-date info on Indiana Jones IV)
4. Unless it has been confirmed or reported widely (that is by TR.N, TIE.c, Comingsoon.net, AICN, and a handful of others) the report is nothing more than a rumor or a lie.
5. Feel free to post rumors, but please don't panic when you hear one rumor that says something opposite of what you just heard reported elsewhere.

Any questions?

Move along, now. Move along. Nothing else to see here.

Ken

Hey Aaron!!!

U say that it's going to happen sooner rather than later. So by that, I'm assuming that it's going to film late this year. Let's say an October (can't start any later than that)start for a July 07 release. If they r going for a October start, the official announcement has to be coming soon, right? Also, is Ford's MANHUNT on hold? He shaved off the beard, so I figured it has to be. Of course, he still might jump onto another project besides Manhunt before Indy. However, Ford has NEVER done back-to-back films in his life. Shed a little light, please.

Ken

VP

Moderator Emeritus
What does you inside information say about the Raiders 25th Special Edition DVD?

Dene

Thanks Aaron, I take you at your word.

Haven't got any questions, will just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Deadlock

Okay kiddies, I feel it relevant to mention that Aaron H has been keeping up the "insider" shtick for 5 years (probably longer, I just can't get posts from that far back).

2/10/2005

1/24/2005

6/11/2004

11/21/2003

8/12/2003

6/6/2003

3/27/2001

Is he an insider? Does he know things that the rest of us don't?

I can't say either way.

If so, it would seem he himself has been strung along for a loooooooooong time.

EDIT: Hey, Aaron... no offense intended by the way. Just trying to supply the "grains of salt" for people to take with their Indy 4 news. :)

Last edited:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Fair enough. As for "insider", no I am not, but I have friends who are.

The Indiana Jones IV movie has taken some interesting paths to get to where it is today. However, more than ever the boulder is rolling towards it being made.

Was I wrong in those past posts? My information given to me at the time was correct, but just be aware on how complex this one is. Getting the Big Three together is no easy task...not to mention GL and his script changing habits. (there have been no less than seven scripts that have been "the one" within the past four or so years!)

As far as I know, Manhunt may be put on hold. I know HF & SS have been trying to get it suspended so that way IV can shoot. We'll see what happens, no way to tell right now...nobody seems to know.

indyt

I believe you are sincere in your news Aaron H. I just wanted to ask if your friends had told you the plot of Indy 4. (Wow, I cant believe I asked that!). I know you could not tell us for obvious reasons. Never hurt in asking.:p

Deadlock

Aaron H said:
Was I wrong in those past posts? My information given to me at the time was correct...

I don't think anybody here has a way to either confirm or deny your posts at this time. (Maybe when the Big 3 do the DVD commentary for Indy IV? :p )

I've got no problem with "wait and see". I just want people to have reasonable expectations with regard to your "in the know" comments.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Unless you see it on the main TRN page, take every report as a rumor or unconfirmed news.

IndyBuff

Aaron H said:
Unless you see it on the main TRN page, take every report as a rumor or unconfirmed news.

I find that comment reassuring, simply because with all the news and rumors floating around I've found that most Indy sites, like this one, are correct and honest most of the time. A lot of interviews and websites seem to print whatever they hear without even looking to see if it's correct. Aaron, I appreciate you and everyone here who has worked hard to give us honest and updated news on the film.:)

intergamer

Steven Spielberg told me that he was taking a year off. Granted, he just threw that out there, over lunch, but it seemed to me that he was perfectly serious..

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
intergamer said:
Steven Spielberg told me that he was taking a year off. Granted, he just threw that out there, over lunch, but it seemed to me that he was perfectly serious..
:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vlad Dracula

I've been reading insider info about Indy 4 in magazines and on the web since the mid 90s. I'll believe it's happening when Ford is dressed in full Indy gear and the cameras are rolling.