Blooper reels

InDy_SoLo

Hey Guys,
I've always heard about the prank they played on Harrison in "Temple of
Doom" during the whipping scene, I've never seen this footage, but I have
read on various websites that it was filmed, Do any of you have that
footage or know where I can find it? I think it would be cool to see. This is what I've read about it:

"While filming the whipping scene, the crew played a practical joke on
Harrison Ford. While he was chained to a large stone, Barbra Streisand
appeared, dressed in a leather dominatrix outfit. She proceeded to whip him,
saying "That's for Hanover Street (1979), the worst movie I ever saw." She
continued whipping him for Star Wars (1977), and making all of that money.
Carrie Fisher then threw herself in front of Ford to protect him, and Irvin
Kershner chided director Steven Spielberg. "Is this how you run your
movies?" This entire sequence was filmed". :cool:

InDy_SoLo

"Temple of Doom" Practical Joke

Hey,
I just it would be kinda cool to see, like harrison stapling the hat to his head!!! :whip:

BlackWhskyBlaze

That would be interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing that myself, but what I am looking for is the deleted scene from "Raiders", where Harrison uses the whip rather than the gun on the Cairo swordsman.

That wouldn't happen to be in the box set edition, would it?

InDy_SoLo

"Temple of Doom" Practical Joke

I can watch it again and let you know,What scene are you refering to in "Raiders"?

BlackWhskyBlaze

The "Basket Chase". Harrison was originally supposed to use his whip, but instead improvised with his revolver. The scripted scene with the whip was still shot though. I have a picture from this scene. I would post it, but I am unallowed to post attachments.

Ska

They don't show the entire deleted scene, but there is some footage...I think. Now you have me second guessing myself.

*goes and watches video*

Indyologist

Bloopers, please...

I would love to see some bloopers from the Indy trilogy, but can't seem to find any anywhere. There really aren't really any worth the time on the DVD's. I'd love to see the actors playing pranks, messing up lines, falling down, missing a target, knocking over scenery-- whatever!

Does anyone know where I can find this stuff? I don't see anything significant on YouTube, unless I'm using the wrong search terms or something. Anyone have any links, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

** please note that I DO NOT mean stuff that was left out, the visible glass in the snake pit, etc. I mean FILMED BLOOPERS. **

Michael24

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen a single blooper from any of the films. I wonder why? I love when DVDs include a gag reel, though the one for the STAR WARS OT was rather weak.

I'd love to see the prank they pulled on Harrison Ford during TEMPLE OF DOOM, where they had Barbara Streisand show up to whip him while he's strapped to the rock in the torture chamber, along with Carrie Fisher and Irvin Kirshner appearances. I once read that the whole gag was supposedly filmed, but I've never seen any confirmation of that one way or the other. Could have made a great Easter Egg on the box set. :D

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Michael24 said:
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen a single blooper from any of the films. I wonder why? I love when DVDs include a gag reel, though the one for the STAR WARS OT was rather weak.

I'd love to see the prank they pulled on Harrison Ford during TEMPLE OF DOOM, where they had Barbara Streisand show up to whip him while he's strapped to the rock in the torture chamber, along with Carrie Fisher and Irvin Kirshner appearances. I once read that the whole gag was supposedly filmed, but I've never seen any confirmation of that one way or the other. Could have made a great Easter Egg on the box set. :D
I've seen pictures of the event, but I'm not sure it was filmed.

I would love to see the parts where lines were flubbed, crew is visible, or someone pulls a prank on a cast/crew member.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Aaron H said:
I've seen pictures of the event, but I'm not sure it was filmed.

I would love to see the parts where lines were flubbed, crew is visible, or someone pulls a prank on a cast/crew member.

There actually exist pictures of it? Is there a chance that I might ever get to see them?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I have never seen any. I really would love to if it were ever possible. I would have thought a gag reel would be on the box set and was disappointed when there wasn't any. Same with deleted scenes.

Apparently the Raiders Remake guys have seen the Raiders outtake reel when they met Spielberg.

Indyologist

Wow-- Sounds like a lot of you feel the same way I do! It's a real shame that no filmed bloopers seem to exsist. Or if they do, they haven't been released to the public-- yet . We can only hope, I guess. I'm going to do a little "research" on this over the weekend if I get the chance. If I find anything interesting, I'll post it here.