The Indy Cast

Indy-Cast: Episode 73

Posted By Ed on July 18, 2009

http://theforce.net/podcast/story/IndyCast_Episode_73_125005.asp

This week, we hear some Indy music that you can download, discover how Indy helped the moon landing, and learn how you can retrace the steps of our favourite archaeologist! We also have a great Indy opinions segment, Pat?s trivia and we reveal the answers to last week?s competition with thanks to Artist Adam McDaniel. Plus we have another Indy Top 10 and plenty of listener feedback. If adventure has a name, it must be the Indy-Cast!

indycast

Rocket Surgeon said:
Posted By Ed on July 18, 2009

http://theforce.net/podcast/story/IndyCast_Episode_73_125005.asp

This week, we hear some Indy music that you can download, discover how Indy helped the moon landing, and learn how you can retrace the steps of our favourite archaeologist! We also have a great Indy opinions segment, Pat?s trivia and we reveal the answers to last week?s competition with thanks to Artist Adam McDaniel. Plus we have another Indy Top 10 and plenty of listener feedback. If adventure has a name, it must be the Indy-Cast!

Boy, you guys are fast - you beat me to it! Hope you enjoy the show! :D

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Already downloaded to the iPOd and listened to on the early more walk with the dog. BTW - We named the dog, Indiana! (seriously) - and thanks for the mention as my new career as a tour guide :) ! Hopefully, when Ed drops by in 2010 it will be for the filming or preproduction of Indy 5!

indyrcks

I am listening to the Indy Cast right now it was so awesome to hear Rob read out my email out on the show just want to say I think the Indy cast is so awesome and The Last Crusade is the best in my opinion

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
I was too busy playing Marshall College Tour Guide ....

but I did send over an interview with a local teacher who uses Raiders of the Lost Ark in his film study class... and somewhere around here I have an interview with Topps Indy sketch card artist and the also the illustrator of the electronic art in the Leapster/diji game Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull that had Mutt and Indy... Tommy Lee Edwards...

But don't worry - like a bad penny, I always turn up... besides who do you think dug up that Apollo 11/Raiders story -- which was also on NPR this week as well... and there were some other Indy odds and ends -- hopefully I will get some goodies this week and report in...

indycast

Mitchellhallock said:
I was too busy playing Marshall College Tour Guide ....

but I did send over an interview with a local teacher who uses Raiders of the Lost Ark in his film study class... and somewhere around here I have an interview with Topps Indy sketch card artist and the also the illustrator of the electronic art in the Leapster/diji game Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull that had Mutt and Indy... Tommy Lee Edwards...

But don't worry - like a bad penny, I always turn up... besides who do you think dug up that Apollo 11/Raiders story -- which was also on NPR this week as well... and there were some other Indy odds and ends -- hopefully I will get some goodies this week and report in...

Never a bad penny - it's always great to hear you on the show - I ran out of time with the editing for the teacher interview...maybe next episode? I'm amazed the show almost ran for an hour without it!

indy dave

I was going to check out the Staff of Kings music from the show links but it seems to be forbidden ....

Anyone know what's going on there?

Jorbex

Loved the show, as always. I was really hoping to hear who won the catalogue; those were some tough questions Adam came up with!

Mitchellhallock said:
with such fast action and service... you are really moving from second to first gear! :)

You know me, always glad to help.

Actually, I'm just trying to keep up. And I'm not really sure if I should be upshifting or downshifting.

indycast

Jorbex said:
Loved the show, as always. I was really hoping to hear who won the catalogue; those were some tough questions Adam came up with!

Winners will be announced this episode, so only a few days to wait!

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
robisindy said:
You know me, always glad to help.

Actually, I'm just trying to keep up. And I'm not really sure if I should be upshifting or downshifting.

Get an automatic and stop fiddling with your clutch... you'll go blind and grow hair on your palms -- at least that's what the nuns used to tell me:D

Adam McDaniel

So...who DID come up with that famous title design?

During my recent interview with The Indycast, host Ed Dolista and I wondered who it was that created the legendary title design for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. I had speculated that it might have been Richard Amsel...but now, after all these years, I finally have a definite answer, and wish to do my part to get the word out.

The logo -- whose typeface, like the film itself, has become so commonly associated with action and adventure -- was the product of...

...shoot, my computer just crashed! I guess you'll all just have to tune in to the next episode of THE INDYCAST to find out!

:)

DocWhiskey

4zxch.jpg

TELL US OR ZE FRAULEIN GETS IT!

DoomTown

Adam McDaniel said:
During my recent interview with The Indycast, host Ed Dolista and I wondered who it was that created the legendary title design for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. I had speculated that it might have been Richard Amsel...but now, after all these years, I finally have a definite answer, and wish to do my part to get the word out.

The logo -- whose typeface, like the film itself, has become so commonly associated with action and adventure -- was the product of...

...shoot, my computer just crashed! I guess you'll all just have to tune in to the next episode of THE INDYCAST to find out!

:)

Can't wait to hear it!!! BTW, good trivia questions for the Amsel catalogue...;)