TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2018, 03:16 PM   #351
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
Hey now! I know the one in the first doesn't look great, but here's one from just last year where he looked a lot better
Nah, still too old to play Indy, I'm afraid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
Y'know, I just had this really strange thought in my head about Ryan Gosling playing Indy based off his performance in BR2049. Think he could pull it off?
It's been discussed here before. Personally, I'm not a fan of the idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
For example, something in this shot reminded me a lot of Harrison, for some reason.
It's the coat, very similar to the one Ford wore in the original BR.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #352
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
It's been discussed here before. Personally, I'm not a fan of the idea.

It's the coat, very similar to the one Ford wore in the original BR.
Granted, I'm not a huge fan of the idea either. The coat does contribute to the look, but I also remembered a few shots in the movie where Gosling reminded me of Indy back in Nepal. I don't really know why, perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but it's undeniable that there's at least a tangential resemblance between the two actors.


Edit: You know what? It might really be that coat he's wearing that suggests such a strong resemblance to Harrison.
But then there's this. He resembles like ToD Indy in this one, definitely.

Last edited by TheFirebird1 : 07-10-2018 at 03:41 PM.
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:43 PM   #353
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan
 
Forbidden Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: With the Treasure of Mara...
Posts: 988
Its hard to deny disappointment at the release push, but I'll simply chose to look at it at a positive light: I'm glad of this news proves they're ACTUALLY working on it(from what I understand, the Koepp script never got written and the fact he was "working" on it was never more than PR). Kasdan is a minor upgrade from Koepp.

I think they definitely will have the first half of the movie be with a younger actor like Ingruber while Ford will carry the 2nd half of the movie. Because the thing is, this is Disney we're talking about and Bob Iger's Disney isn't interested in a hit stand-alone film, they're interested in billion dollar franchises. Having a younger actor carry most of the movie will be the only way to assure this franchise has a direction to go for the future be it future films or a Netflix show.

Having the half-and-half route will give them a chance to give Ford and the rest of the Indiana Jones crew(Speilberg/Williams/Kahn etc.) one final hurrah while still taking franchise in a direction for new younger audience.
Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #354
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,018
Ford will not be involved in any capacity.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #355
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Eye
(from what I understand, the Koepp script never got written and the fact he was "working" on it was never more than PR). Kasdan is a minor upgrade from Koepp..
Can I ask where you got the info that Koepp never wrote a script? According to Harrison back in October 2017, the script (or at least a draft of it) had been finished.
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:05 PM   #356
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Ford will not be involved in any capacity.
We can't start throwing around wild claims like this when nothing, absolutely nothing has been said about the film yet bar a constantly changing release date and a entourage of screenwriters. Until there's actually something tangible--i.e., a plot announcement, posters, trailers, set photos, etc., you can only assume that the beards--plus Harrison--are involved, going by everyone's statements at this time.
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:11 PM   #357
Face_Palm
IndyFan
 
Face_Palm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Ford will not be involved in any capacity.


Incorrect.
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:12 PM   #358
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,018
I am certain that either of the two following scenarios will happen:

Ford will either:

Not be involved;

or

his screentime will be under 40 minutes

If I am wrong, come 7/9/21, ban me, that is how certain I am.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:14 PM   #359
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
you can only assume that the beards--plus Harrison--are involved, going by everyone's statements at this time.
Assume = speculate, no less than anyone else's post.

The only certainty we have at this stage is that there will be no new Indy movie for at least another three years.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:14 PM   #360
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,018
I will also predict Ford's Indy will be, if Harrison is involved, will be dying or die in the film and he will have at most one single action scene, and his sequences, if involved at all, will be set somewhere between 1969 and 1974. We will see the death of Ford's Indy on-screen. It will be some sort of Big Fish setup.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:16 PM   #361
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,936
I'm sending my dish, back to the kitchen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Well well well, sometimes I am wrong.



Take note boys and girls, it doesn't happen often. But when it does, I'm quick to make it right.

It's gonna be a long 3 years.

It's already been over two and we think we have 3 more to go? I was wrong about being wrong.

I should have listened to Finn
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #362
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,018
13 years from 2008 is 2021.
13 years from 1957 is 1970.

Ford's Indy will be in a hospital bed, dying of dementia, surrounded by Mutt and Marion and maybe a grandchild, as he recounts an amazing adventure. He gets help from his son in reconstructing the memory as his Alzheimer's rattled brain can't remember it properly. The word "mansplain" is used somewhere. He falls asleep and dies. End.

Last edited by Raiders112390 : 07-10-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:26 PM   #363
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
I am certain that either of the two following scenarios will happen:

Ford will either:

Not be involved;

or

his screentime will be under 40 minutes

If I am wrong, come 7/9/21, ban me, that is how certain I am.
Raiders,
I won't take you up on that wager, as I really don't want to see you leave the forum. Let me tell you something--I understand your concerns. I think a lot of people on the board do. Time isn't stopping, and Harrison only has so long. But starting to fearmonger with every post isn't helping. Freaking out over announcements with little to no information doesn't help either. Implying that Kathleen Kennedy runs some sort of grand conspiracy to get rid of Ford from Indy also is a stretch. I really want an Indy flick with HF in it again. And for now, that seems to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
I'm sending my dish, back to the kitchen...



It's already been over two and we think we have 3 more to go? I was wrong about being wrong.

I should have listened to Finn
Might be time for me to order my dish, considering that I thought up until now that Kasdan was just doing a little rewrite. . Mind if I take yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Assume = speculate, no less than anyone else's post.

The only certainty we have at this stage is that there will be no new Indy movie for at least another three years.
Going by Disney's announcements, however, Ford is involved in the flick, as well as Spielberg (and perhaps Lucas). For now, until a change arises, we can only view it as a Ford-helmed movie.

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 07-10-2018 at 05:42 PM. Reason: triple post
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #364
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,018
It will be dedicated to Harrison's memory. That will be his only contribution.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #365
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 571
Chill out everyone, this song seems appropriate - in more ways than one.

Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:36 PM   #366
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
It will be dedicated to Harrison's memory. That will be his only contribution.

Considering his genes, I think the man's going to go on for a little while longer.
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:38 PM   #367
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
Going by Disney's announcements, however, Ford is involved in the flick, as well as Spielberg (and perhaps Lucas).
Those announcements predate the latest postponement.

Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #368
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Chill out everyone, this song seems appropriate - in more ways than one.

Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:42 PM   #369
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Chill out everyone, this song seems appropriate - in more ways than one.

Lovely song. Terrible idea.
I, for one, despise the idea of bookends. I was even happy when they got rid of them for Young Indy ( , I know!). When executed poorly, they can completely rob a story of its general flow, and oftentimes to me seem rather, well, cringey. I don't want to see Harrison sitting down in an armchair for a grand total of ten minutes, telling a story to his grandchildren/illegitimate children. That's not Indy.
It'd be a lot better if they introduced the new Indy in an Action Prologue (a la LC) and then just never mentioned him again when the film kicked off.
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:44 PM   #370
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Those announcements predate the latest postponement.


Well, no. All they've announced is that the film has been postponed. The cast and director, until further announcement, stays the same.
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:45 PM   #371
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
Lovely song. Terrible idea.
I, for one, despise the idea of bookends. I was even happy when they got rid of them for Young Indy ( , I know!). When executed poorly, they can completely rob a story of its general flow, and oftentimes to me seem rather, well, cringey. I don't want to see Harrison sitting down in an armchair for a grand total of ten minutes, telling a story to his grandchildren/illegitimate children. That's not Indy.
It'd be a lot better if they introduced the new Indy in an Action Prologue (a la LC) and then just never mentioned him again when the film kicked off.

That's exactly what you're gonna get, if Harrison doesn't die by 2020. Enjoy Harrison confined to a hospital bed or rocking chair while Chris Pratt makes irreverent your momma jokes at the bad guy.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:49 PM   #372
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
Lovely song. Terrible idea.
I don't want to see Harrison sitting down in an armchair for a grand total of ten minutes, telling a story to his grandchildren/illegitimate children.
It doesn't have to be like that.

You are relatively new here, but we discussed extensively a different structure, where there are two parallel stories - one in the past, one in the "present" - linked by macguffin, baddie or both.

You could get away with 30-35 minutes of screen time for Old Indy, with the rest for Young Indy (although you couldn't call that bookends, granted).
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:49 PM   #373
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
That's exactly what you're gonna get, if Harrison doesn't die by 2020.
Are we betting on it now or something? I get that he's definitely up in the years, but why this macabre fascination with him dying? Hell, at this point the project seems tied down to him more than anyone else. Ford brings in money the way others don't. It's a nostalgia thing, sure, but there's much more money to be brought in with the grump still alive and in a major role than dead or confined to bookends.
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:52 PM   #374
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
Are we betting on it now or something? I get that he's definitely up in the years, but why this macabre fascination with him dying? Hell, at this point the project seems tied down to him more than anyone else. Ford brings in money the way others don't. It's a nostalgia thing, sure, but there's much more money to be brought in with the grump still alive and in a major role than dead or confined to bookends.

I am personally hoping he dies before then. Rather that than humiliate him with a 10-35 minute cameo. Burn it all down.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #375
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
It doesn't have to be like that.

You are relatively new here, but we discussed extensively a different structure, where there are two parallel stories - one in the past, one in the "present" - linked by macguffin, baddie or both.

You could get away with 30-35 minutes of screen time for Old Indy, with the rest for Young Indy (although you couldn't call that bookends, granted).
Granted, I'm a noob at the forums, but I believe we're discussing two completely different ideas of bookends, as you stated. The idea you're suggesting is alternating storylines, which believe it or not I enjoy a lot more.
(Heck, even the Secret of the Blues bookends weren't terrible, because they at least had a complete story with 'em. Do something like that and I could respect it a lot more).
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.