TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 12-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #51
thehero21
IndyFan

I thought the best level was "Istanbul Breakout", its like a scene from an Indy movie that never was, the music is thrilling and could easily be in an Indy movie, the location had some beautiful visuals and the action wasnt far-fetched but just a like the Cairo street chase on a larger scale, and like i said above it felt like you were playing a movie scene, i think most of the levels lacked the scope and atmosphere of the Istanbul breakout level.
thehero21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #52
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
I liked the level set in Prague (I think it was Prague) where you had to scale the castle, and fight the big monster guy.
I wanna play this game again. It's been too long!
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #53
Dig Site 1138
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
I liked the level set in Prague (I think it was Prague) where you had to scale the castle, and fight the big monster guy.
I wanna play this game again. It's been too long!

Someone earlier called it a "mutant Nazi"? I think maybe it's supposed to be a Golem. I.E. the Golem of Prague?

I want to play it, but my Xbox and my 360 both bit it. And my new 360 says it needs a special drive to play classic Xbox games!?
Sucks.
Dig Site 1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #54
DiscoLad
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Site 1138
Someone earlier called it a "mutant Nazi"? I think maybe it's supposed to be a Golem. I.E. the Golem of Prague?

I want to play it, but my Xbox and my 360 both bit it. And my new 360 says it needs a special drive to play classic Xbox games!?
Sucks.

Well if you had LIVE then it should offer an update and then let you play.
DiscoLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #55
Dig Site 1138
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoLad
Well if you had LIVE then it should offer an update and then let you play.

Ah! We haven't re-upped our Live account yet. Thanks!!
Dig Site 1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #56
gioA
IndyFan

having low health is really hampering my progress - is there a way of getting xbox save games?
gioA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #57
Ironclaw
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gioA
having low health is really hampering my progress - is there a way of getting xbox save games?

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/561295-...ors-tomb/saves

Keep in mind I have no idea at all how to actually get these onto a Xbox hard drive--I'm still in the PS2 era.
Ironclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #58
davidraphael
IndyFan

Emperor's Tomb (on the PC) really annoyed me because there was no save function, so if you got something wrong you'd have to go aaaall the way back and do it all again. I found this repetition intensely annoying.

I still haven't finished the game for this reason. It's in my cellar. I even wrote to the makers to complain!

Does anyone know a way of being able to save regularly? I know there were cracks/code hacks flying around at the time but I never used one. Anyone have any recommendations?

dR
davidraphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #59
gioA
IndyFan

does anybody know how to get the xbox save games onto the xbox 360?
gioA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #60
Rocket Surgeon

Been running through this one as well...but on the PS2. Is the Xbox version any better/different?
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #61
michael
IndyFan

Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Been running through this one as well...but on the PS2. Is the Xbox version any better/different?
Clunkier controller, 'bout it.

That first Xbox controller was just awful.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #62
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
Clunkier controller, 'bout it.

That first Xbox controller was just awful.
Will it play on the 360?

...I seem to remember there would be some improvements to the graphics based on the hardware, (but that might be PS3).
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #63
michael
IndyFan

Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Will it play on the 360?

...I seem to remember there would be some improvements to the graphics based on the hardware, (but that might be PS3).
Yes it will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._with_Xbox_360

Quote:
Soundtrack stutters and repeats the same part over and over, as it did on the original Xbox.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #64
EvilEmperorZoRG
IndyFan

That's the best Indy game to date. But it lacks the Indy feeling at times. Also it feels dead at some places, like the chinese restaurant and the college. No life, no people.. just Indy and the bad guys.
Indy game that captures the IJ feeling best IMO is Staff Of Kings, for the PSP at least !
EvilEmperorZoRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #65
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEmperorZoRG
That's the best Indy game to date. But it lacks the Indy feeling at times. Also it feels dead at some places, like the chinese restaurant and the college. No life, no people.. just Indy and the bad guys.
Indy game that captures the IJ feeling best IMO is Staff Of Kings, for the PSP at least !

Have you played Fate of Atlantis or, which might be more up your alley, Infernal Machine? Infernal Machine's combat system doesn't have the brawling fun of Emperor's Tomb - it's mostly firearms-based - but it does have scope and an immersive feeling of exploration.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #66
EvilEmperorZoRG
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Have you played Fate of Atlantis or, which might be more up your alley, Infernal Machine? Infernal Machine's combat system doesn't have the brawling fun of Emperor's Tomb - it's mostly firearms-based - but it does have scope and an immersive feeling of exploration.

Yes I played both but FOA, well, I never got to the end. Now I actually feel sad for what I saw. The cancelled ET sequel... Lucas Arts really doesn't give a damn about us Indy fans !
They also cancelled the original SoK for NEXT Gen consoles back in 2008. Oh damn...
Old 11-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #67
EvilEmperorZoRG
IndyFan

Here's my channel on Youtube if anyone's interested. I've made a walkthrough for ET and also have uploaded the ET soundtrack since you can't find it anymore to buy it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/77elvistheking?feature=mhee
Old 12-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #68
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Don't know if it's alread been linked, but this is a nice page on The Emperor's Tomb (and The Infernal Machine) with some nice artwork.

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 12-16-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Added link.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #69
Thugee
IndyFan

Definately my favorite Indy game! I love almost all the levels in the game and how you actually feel like Indy when beating up all the thugs and Nazis. The only problem with it is the smaller extent of exploration that the Infernal Machine had. Both games are awesome though!
Thugee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #70
I'mBatman
IndyFan

I played the demo for Emperor's Tomb a year or two back, enjoyed it quiet a bit, couln't find a video game store that still stocked the game. Is it actually worth it?
I'mBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #71
IndyJoey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mBatman
I played the demo for Emperor's Tomb a year or two back, enjoyed it quiet a bit, couln't find a video game store that still stocked the game. Is it actually worth it?
I bought the PC version on Amazon, and yes it is DEFINITELY worth it... It is my favorite Indy game.... The brawling in it is absolutely fantastic, it has quite a bit of exploration to it... Hidden artifacts... lots of different weapons... Its a great game....
IndyJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #72
micsteam
IndyFan

Best Indy game to date, sorry Staff of Kings (more like a staff infection), music and fighting and sound effects are really what makes this game work but a little dated now (Emperor's Tomb came out in 1st qtr 2003) compared to the new stuff out there. Now with Disney involved maybe we'll get what Staff was really supposed to be. You should be able to score a copy on either Ebay or Amazon for under $15.00 used don't know if you'll find a new copy but good luck.
micsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #73
I'mBatman
IndyFan

Alright thank you both. i will try and find a copy somehow/somwhere.
I'mBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #74
micsteam
IndyFan

Anybody know if there's any difference from the console (xbox,ps2,etc.) and the pc version ?? I had bought the console version first (still have it)and then purchased the pc version but but ran out of room on my hardrive, lost it, and never knew what happened to it.
micsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #75
Exulted Unicron
IndyFan

I have it on PS2 and PC and honestly, no difference in gameplay. It's just that the PC version looks better, but only down to the PS2 being inferior to a high end PC of the time. The xbox version is closest to the PC in my opinion.
Exulted Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote