Possible Spoiler: Concept Gallery

omega5ooo

This Thread is made to talk about all those things you see in the concept gallery but not or edited in the game.

So, to start it:

Master Lau

28739192.jpg

- In which Levels would he have been? >My guess< Temple of Kong Tien or ET, Instanbul or Ceylon would also match him...

- What would he have been doing? >My guess< He could have been a boss... Maybe he was another idea instead of the demon. He could have been a priest having to offer Mei Yings soul to that demon and could have also summoned ghosts and stuff (like the demon did). Or, another idea, he could have been giving Indy the Pa Cheng if Indy would have brought him some stuff or unsolved a puzzle... Or in Instanbul or Ceylon he could have just been used as an "scarer": He could have prophecied the Kraken as a big horrible monster or in Ceylon he could have been saying stuff like: "Do not enter the Temple of Koru Watu!! It's cursed!!!"

[Edited by omega5ooo on 07-12-2003 at 08:55 am]

omega5ooo

Prague Streets

29307694.jpg

There is a level called Prague streets (or something like that). However, it doesn't really look like the concept art. The game-level plays outside the Castle (of Shadows) - The concept-level looks like it plays in Prague. Wouldn't it have been fun if you could have walked Indy through Prague, checking out old Taverns and talking to people to find out stuff about the castle, walking through canalisations to get in the castle... The possibilities are endless...

[Edited by omega5ooo on 07-12-2003 at 08:56 am]

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Not to be lazy, but I rather enjoy hearing what you have to say about this, as opposed to posting anything of my own. So keep them coming, if you'd like.

omega5ooo

Sure... :) Always feel free to post though... Wouldn't mind to also hear your thoughts ;)

29323883.jpg

We see rain in the picture. Do we see any weather in the game? Sadly nearly nothing. Whirling leaves (if you count that as weather) and a lightning struck is all I remember. Wouldn't it have been great to have fog and rain in Prague not just those whirling leaves? It would have added so much to the (spooky) atmosphere. Speaking of fog, it could have also added difficulty to the game. You could have seen an enemy later than normal, running into him suddenly...

Also we see somebody pointing Indy where to go. Sad thing is, there never is somebody for you to go together with (except for that one short part in Instanbul with Mei Ying) It would be cool if someone would go with you through the levels like in TR (i think it was revelation) It could also make a good part of tutorial levels. Someone telling you all the controls or other important stuff, what you need to do in the level, or giving you hints (where to go)

[Edited by omega5ooo on 07-13-2003 at 05:16 am]

Jastro_Indy

I'm guessing that the guy pointing may have been a type of guide. This would explain how Indy got to Ceylon.

Keep 'em coming!

VP

Moderator Emeritus
planetaario.jpg

How about this one?

My guess is, that this Planetarium could have something to do with Prague Observatory.

omega5ooo

Hmm. Who's that glowing guy? Surely not Indy... Notice the fog-like thing on the bottom. Maybe this was *another* other-dimensional level... And maybe you can get from the Observatory to this *secret* level... Maybe you have to set the binocular (is that the right word?) on some particular stargroup (maybe the stargroup on the upperleft of the pic?) and press a button or something... It would be cool.

Can someone read the words on the lower left? To me it's:
"Episode 4 : Pome (or something) Part 2"
I might be wrong with "4" but if I'm not it should be in Hong Kong, since Prague had Episode 2, Ceylon Episode 1... It could also mean "9" which would be more likely. Also cuz there are some dragon-like sculptures on the gyroscope-thing... I'm quite sure though it would be in Prague...
uhoh.gif

[Edited by omega5ooo on 07-14-2003 at 08:35 am]

KyleRipman

The Prague Streets level looks to me like it would've been an on-rails shooter level. Maybe they just decided to move it to Hong Kong since that was a short part of the game anyway.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
And another one:
sielut.jpg

My guess: This could have been in the Emperor's Tomb, in the Netherworld or in the Temple of Kong Tien. Maybe the round thing back there is the I Ching -puzzle, or something like that.

<i>/edit: If you look through the telescope in Prague Observatory, you'll see some stars, and some of them are in a line. Maybe that's what you'll need to know in Planetarium.</i>

[Edited by VP on 07-15-2003 at 11:25 am]

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Well, if you don't like that one, you can try this:
homonculous.jpg

My guess: I think that he is some sort of supernatural underwater creature... possibly have been in Istanbul.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Well, I still have these:

hamed.jpg

munkki.jpg

Whaddaya think about 'em?

Hamed might have been in Istanbul, and the Shaolin Monk in China or someplace else in Asia.

Oh, and I've noticed, that the game still has many files under the name "Homonculous". Maybe it was removed shortly before the release.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Homonculous was in the game - he was the boss in Prague, the Frankenstein's monster type thing...the large fellow who appeared in Caption Contest 25...they're all the Homonculous.