Best Sage

Who was the best sgae attending the Raven Bar in 2004?

• Attila the Professor

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Pale Horse

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Pale Horse

Staff member
Sage, huh.

only if your using this definition:

Main Entry: sage
Pronunciation: 'sAj
Function: noun
: a perennial mint of the genus Salvia (S. officinalis) having grayish green pungent and aromatic leaves that are much used in flavoring foods and as a mild tonic and astringent; broadly : any plant of the genus Salvia

There are far wiser men and women on this board. Besides, Attila is my mentor.

Deadlock

Pale Horse said:
Sage, huh.

only if your using this definition:

Main Entry: sage
Pronunciation: 'sAj
Function: noun
: a perennial mint of the genus Salvia (S. officinalis) having grayish green pungent and aromatic leaves that are much used in flavoring foods and as a mild tonic and astringent; broadly : any plant of the genus Salvia

There are far wiser men and women on this board. Besides, Attila is my mentor.

If you win "sage" this year, you can run for "cilantro" next year. ;)

Deadlock

Aaron, you're SO funny. Definitely a comedian worth your salt. You are a powering tarragon (or was that towering paragon? :confused: ) of comedic excellence. :D

Last edited:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
You know me, just trying to spice things up a bit. I just love peppering things up with humor.
:D:p

Tennessee R

Deadlock said:
:rolleyes: Oh the pain... make it stop... :D

Oh the pain...
make it stop...
By putting Rosemary
and Thyme on top...

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme

By the way, I voted Palehorse. Atilla hasn't been around much for the last part of the year.

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
So here I am, preparing a nice pasta dinner for myself, moderating this forum, and wondering if our young and naive members have been as-salted with a rash of bad puns.

Lettuce all remember that this thread is about the wisdom of those who truly deserve it. Edgar Allan Poe once said "The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability." With that said, let me quote a uber wise member:

[QUOTE="Joe Brody" in the "Best Comedian" thread][Jokingly] I move that any nominee here that participated in the 'spice' discussion in the other thread be removed from this category. . . . immediately. . . .with extreme prejudice.[/QUOTE]

Surly we can all agree this manipulation of words has gone too far in describing the most humourous member in 2004. I would like to challenge our members to dig down deep, and review the threads, to find the wisest member we had this year.

In short, while I am cooking a pasta dinner tonight, I would love to have a retart to my thoughts tonight. If I have to bribe you with food, then I will offer "a penne for you tots". Who really re-serves this award?

do u wanna be my lover??

Yeah i remember hating the blondie :D , and the black one, and teh sporty one, and the redhead, oh and i almost forgot, i also hated Victoria :D