Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods !!!

yodazone

Newsarama has a 5-page preview up!

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=18913

Preview: Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods #1

Writer: Rob Williams Cover Artist: Tony Harris Penciller: Steve Scott Inker: Nathan Massengill Colorist: Michael Atiyeh

--- Dr. Henry Jones Jr. may be the world's preeminent archeologist, but that doesn't mean he's spent his life in the library! Ready and able to do whatever it takes to preserve the final remnants of history's most significant happenings, he'll go head-to-head against Hitler's elite who want nothing more than to exploit objects of ancient power in pursuit of world dominance!

--- Be there for the beginning of this roller coaster thrill ride of non-stop excitement as Indiana Jones dons his hat, packs his whip, and undertakes an endeavor more awesome than anything ever!

--- Indiana Jones sets out on an all-new adventure that will take him around the globe!

--- Publication Date: Jul 02, 2008 Format: Full color, 40 pages Price: $2.99

ijtog_1_pg_01_fnl.jpg

ijtog_1_pg_02_fnl.jpg

ijtog_1_pg_03_fnl.jpg

ijtog_1_pg_04_fnl.jpg

ijtog_1_pg_05_fnl.jpg

(y) (y) (y)

Last edited:

|ZiR|

No maid would wear her hair down like that, nor would any self-respecting person allow their help to appear so disheveled.

I like what I'm seeing so far, though. Indy's glasses seem a bit off, but other than that I like it. (y)

CasualJeff

HellofaSandwich said:
I'm pretty sure that you'll have to buy the individual issues.

Yeah. Just look at how long it's taken them to collect the Indy comics from the 90's. As far as I can tell, the recent Omnibus collections are the first time these stories have been available since the individual issues were first released.

Too bad, though. I much prefer buying an entire series over collecting issues individually(and waiting a month and a half between each issue, and then finding out my comic store is sold out of the last issue that I need, etc).

bennihana123

CasualJeff said:
Yeah. Just look at how long it's taken them to collect the Indy comics from the 90's. As far as I can tell, the recent Omnibus collections are the first time these stories have been available since the individual issues were first released.

Too bad, though. I much prefer buying an entire series over collecting issues individually(and waiting a month and a half between each issue, and then finding out my comic store is sold out of the last issue that I need, etc).
That sucks. I was hoping they'd collect it into one book like they did with the KOTCS comic adaptation.

Avilos

It will likely be collected in one book eventually. But the comic book business needs the money it makes from advertising to make a profit. Monthly books have ads but Trade Paperbacks (TPBs) do not.The KotCS TPB was aimed at a much wider audience that is why that was released so soon. TO tie-in to the films release.

bennihana123

Avilos said:
It will likely be collected in one book eventually. But the comic book business needs the money it makes from advertising to make a profit. Monthly books have ads but Trade Paperbacks (TPBs) do not.The KotCS TPB was aimed at a much wider audience that is why that was released so soon. TO tie-in to the films release.
I hope it is! I don't want to wait so long that I wont be able to find it anywhere.

yodazone

bennihana123 said:
Does anyone know if it will come out as one volume or do I need to buy the individual issues?

The "Tomb of the Gods" trade collection will probably be out within 6 months of the last issue's release like they do with all their other mini-series collections. Dark Horse is pretty good at rolling out the newer trades than they are with the omnibus books that collect the older stuff.

The good thing about the trade collection would be an all-new painted Indy cover by Tony Harris. (y)

I bet they'll time the trade release when Indy 4 hits DVD this fall or in the holidays.

Looks like Diamond bumped the release of issue #1 for next week:

http://www.previewsworld.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=6&s=475&ai=71899

JimmyPSHayes

It WILL be in stores next Thursday, July10th. TRUST ME. It's Thursday next week,because the July 4th holiday pushes books back a day.

Dr.Sartorius

JimmyPSHayes said:
It WILL be in stores next Thursday, July10th. TRUST ME. It's Thursday next week,because the July 4th holiday pushes books back a day.

Well I don't know what the guy I spoke to was smoking then. That's the date he saw on his computer.

Junior Jones

JimmyPSHayes said:

Dang, my birthday is Wednesday, and I was hoping to buy myself a nice little $3 birthday present. Oh well, one day delay isn't so bad, and I really wouldn't care if it wasn't my birthday.

Stoo

Dang, I'm leaving Canada tomorrow! Any news on a U.K. release date? Will be there for a week.
(Have a good B-Day Junior Jones.:hat: )

yodazone said:
I think I'm gonna buy 2 copies of this next week.
Hear ya!(y)