KotCS James Rollins novelization

Come on, guys. The book will likely have the movie poster on it like all the other Indy novelizations. It ain't official until it's in your hands. That's just a temp image, I'd be willing to bet. Maybe the cover will even be reversible like some DVD covers...

Any rate, they're not going to leak the final poster yet so of course they're just using a temp image.

No Ticket

ResidentAlien said:
Come on, guys. The book will likely have the movie poster on it like all the other Indy novelizations. It ain't official until it's in your hands. That's just a temp image, I'd be willing to bet. Maybe the cover will even be reversible like some DVD covers...

Any rate, they're not going to leak the final poster yet so of course they're just using a temp image.

I thought that too, and I hope that you're right.

Dr.Sartorius

You were right, ResidentAlien:

20080130_novel_bg.jpg

http://starwars.com/community/news/films/img/20080130_novel_bg.jpg

....And Jeff Nathanson finally gets story credit...

No Ticket

I was just about to post that cover image. lol. Yup. Looks like they used the teaser poster.

What is WITH KOTCS? All we've gotten is this one poster, no trailer... no word hardly on it but with what sounds like a crapload of marketing ready to go.

I'm all confused. Shouldn't there be more KOTCS marketing going round by now?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I must say though, even in the spoilers section, we don't really know very much, which is quite amazing. Spielberg really did do a decent job of keeping things pretty quiet. Even with media coverage in magazines so far, nothing has been given away so much. Just hinted at really. But still, I love the cover being the teaser poster. Makes up for the one with Mutt and the Indy silhouette (which I quite like as it reminds me of the shot in Raiders, where Marion turns around and you see Indy's shadow entering the room on the wall behind her, I love that shot).

otto rahn

What is the general consensus on the choice of James Rollins to pen the novel adaption of "Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull" ? Does he seem like the "right" choice ? I have a number of his books but (as usual) haven't got around to reading any of them yet.

Adamwankenobi

otto rahn said:
What is the general consensus on the choice of James Rollins to pen the novel adaption of "Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull" ? Does he seem like the "right" choice ? I have a number of his books but (as usual) haven't got around to reading any of them yet.

His wikipedia entry convinced me of his worthyness. :)

Arab Swordsman

otto rahn said:

I would say he's a good pick. I enjoy his books if I'm looking for a good action read. His writing style is pretty straight forward and you don't get too much character depth but just enough to push the story. I would say right now he's probably the hottest action writer out there and would do the Indy novel justice.

JerryKing

So, Dr Czajkowski got the Indy gig! :D

Not a bad choice at all, though in all honesty I would probably prefer Alan Dean Foster or Max Allan Collins. (And I can't help but wonder how an Indy novel by Lincoln Child & Douglas Preston would turn out... at least if they wrote it in their classic style, without the lazy magic that has dulled their later works)

Hopefully, though, it's not signifying a change in Lucasarts' policies regarding writers' selection - because if they began basing their choices on "how many copies did X sell?", then, knock on wood, one day someone there might actually think of giving away Indy's name to be tainted by some antitallented, worthless cretin such as that plagiarist responsible for "Star Wars: Episode Medieval", better known as "Eragon"... or even - shudder - that parasite whose name I wish I could forget, "Matthew Reilly"... :sick:

Dr.Sartorius

Andy Jones said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indiana-Jones-Novel-James-Rollins/dp/0091926769/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202135974&sr=1-28

Anyone know anything about this?

Indiana Jones: Novel 2 (Paperback)
by James Rollins (Author)

Product details

Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Ebury Press (2 Oct 2008)
ISBN-10: 0091926769
ISBN-13: 978-0091926762

Could Rollins have been asked to write an original Indy novel as well as the novelisation?

Most likely a paperback version of Indy 4.

walker

the author's reply

I emailed James Rollins via his web site (he's very fast to respond - this is twice now that I've hit him up for info and it takes him no more than a day or two) and he confirmed that he is only writing the initial movie adaptation and nothing more. So, yes, I agree with Dr. Sartorius. This is probably the paperback edition of Rollins' hardcover adaptation.
walker

Ska

otto rahn said:

I couldn't have picked anyone better! I'm a huge fan of James Rollins...Excavation & Sandstorm are really good action/adventure novels.

Andy Jones

walker said:
I emailed James Rollins via his web site (he's very fast to respond - this is twice now that I've hit him up for info and it takes him no more than a day or two) and he confirmed that he is only writing the initial movie adaptation and nothing more. So, yes, I agree with Dr. Sartorius. This is probably the paperback edition of Rollins' hardcover adaptation.
walker

It's probably just a mistake by Amazon, as they have both the hardback and paperback versions of the novelisation coming out in May.

Insomniac

Where can I get a sticker book like that. I hope the kids get indy.My lil sister is into it and she wants the Indy lego playset for her birthday instead of a I pod she prentend shes indy killing natzis in the snow. Shes only six.The cool thing is she understands the series.