Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Literature
User Name
Password

Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #51
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaristes
Okay, I lied about not posting pics of my collection.

Here's a picture of my "Lucas" collection. As you can see, it's mostly Star Wars stuff. The pathetic-in-comparison-to-DIrishB's-collection Indy stuff is at the end. It doesn't include comics or magazines, since those are in boxes in my closet.

HA!! The term "pathetic-in-comparison-to-DIrishB's-collection" should NEVER be used when taking into account your HUGE SW collection. Thats amazing, man.

All the more cool in that I'm assuming its in some type of chronological order? Very cool.

Quote:
Here's a close-up of the Indy section (except for the DVDs).

Nice! You have several books I've been meaning to pick up (Lost Journal, Ultimate Guide, etc). Looks like I'll be stopping by Amazon this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Nice, Plaristes. The camera lens makes it look like your shelves are buckling under the weight! Are they from IKEA?
I see you don't have the Young Indy DVDs, Volume 1. No love for Miss Seymour?

He's here all week, folks.

Try the veal!

BA-DUM-

And in general response to Luke Skywalker's SW collection, in the words of Keanu Reeves: Whoa.

Amazing collection, dude.

Concerning your Indy books: I've also been meaning to pick up the novelizations of the Indy films (all four), and nice to see their spines all have a uniformity to them. So in the end, looks like you returned the favor. Thanks!

Again, your collection is down right bad-ass, man.
DIrishB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:30 AM   #52
Dyonus
IndyFan

My collection only consists of:
-the four movies
-the first three MacGreggor books
-The journal
-Lego Indiana Jones for the X-Box 360
-one of the Indy action figures (the one that comes with the Ark)--I finally caved
-Indiana Jones Mighty Muggs

Half of that stuff isn't here, though. I got some early birthday money and bought a bunch of stuff.

But my Batman collection is fairly impressive. I have about 16 Batman action figures (not all Batman...some are The Joker, Two-Face, Firefly, Batgirl, etc.) and 22 graphic novels as well as two posters, Lego Batman, both Nolan movies on DVD, and a calendar. But seeing as this isn't a Batman forum, I won't post those.

I'm hoping some day my Indiana Jones collection will be as large as my Batman one. By the way, I am pretty much a newbie with Indy. Saw the movies so Lego Indiana Jones would make more sense and ended up loving them. Granted, I saw them when I was like 8 or 9, but remembered nothing.

But I digress. I'm hoping to add more Indy books and a couple of posters.
Dyonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #53
Plaristes
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIrishB
All the more cool in that I'm assuming its in some type of chronological order? Very cool.

Actually, I'm one of those weirdos who organizes alphabetically by author. I've tried organizing chronologically, but it's too hard, since too many of the books overlap or have flashbacks, framing stories, etc., that take place at different times. After experiencing way too many headaches trying to find a consistent way to be as chronological as possible, I simply gave up and organized alphabetically.
Plaristes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #54
Luke Skywalker
IndyFan

Quote:
And in general response to Luke Skywalker's SW collection, in the words of Keanu Reeves: Whoa.

Amazing collection, dude.

Concerning your Indy books: I've also been meaning to pick up the novelizations of the Indy films (all four), and nice to see their spines all have a uniformity to them. So in the end, looks like you returned the favor. Thanks!

Again, your collection is down right bad-ass, man.

Thanks (and you're welcome!) , and there are about 20 novels still bo be bought... but i have decided to stop after that, i will fill the 4 shelves with the main characters novels and then fill a fifth with all the secondary character novels.

I find interesting the Post-ROTJ novels (i decided to end after Legacy of the force...but the new series seems to center in Luke and Ben Skywalker so....) but i dont want to reach the comic legacy era, where all the jedi have been wiped out again and the main characters are dead (of age...)

Quote:
Actually, I'm one of those weirdos who organizes alphabetically by author. I've tried organizing chronologically, but it's too hard, since too many of the books overlap or have flashbacks, framing stories, etc., that take place at different times. After experiencing way too many headaches trying to find a consistent way to be as chronological as possible, I simply gave up and organized alphabetically.

Mine are chronologically using the list in the newer del rey books.
Luke Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #55
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:

My mistake. Still, beautiful collection.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #56
DIrishB
IndyFan

Some more pics of my collection:

Here's some pics of the Indiana Jones in the Lost Kingdom game for the Commodore 64:

Front Cover

Back Cover

Game Disk

Instruction Booklet - Page 1

Instruction Booklet - Page 2

Tomb of the Gods #1-3 (still waiting on #4 to come out):

The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #1-34 (complete collection, all in perfect shape):

These are print-outs of "Indy in China - The Runaway Adventure" and "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - April 1916" (both from the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Magazine...April, 1916 is stapled behind The Runaway Adventure). Next is a print-out of the UK comic release "Young Indiana Jones and the Mountains of Mystery" from their Daily Telegraph strips. And finally is another print-out, of the rare UK IJ Adventure Club comic "Indiana Jones and the Treasure of Monte Cassana".

Here's a copy of Shadis #17 and Shadis #35 (both of which feature original Indy RPG adventures). Below them are print-outs of the Indy RPG adventures "Legend of the Long Knife" and "The Temple of Seth".

Here's my complete collection of the TSR Indy RPG adventures. Below that are all the various cardboard figures for the game.

Finally is some more pics of the German board game Indiana Jones Der Weg nach Timbuktu. The First shows the cover, and all the game pieces, dice, and cards. The second picture shows the board itself.

I'll post some pics of the French Indy comics, the French Young Indy Novels, and the German novels in the next few days.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #57
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Here are (as promised) the pics of the most valued items in my collection:

The Board Game!!!

The gist of the game is to find all cards (Marion, Ra, Imam and Map Room) in the same colour. It's a game that requires good memory skills.

And yes, the much coveted Australian exclusive that as far as I know no one else seems to have (Ed of the Indy Cast could be the only exception).

The Map of the Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones (mostly YIJC) circa 2000:

This was released with the Video Boxset of the trilogy as a bonus as well as the bonus YIJC video of Oganga, The Giver & Taker of Life. Each video in the Complete Adventures VHS collection had a sticker for a very limited time. You needed to collect the stickers in order to complete the map. I unfortunately have not been able to finish it (let alone keep this map from falling apart thanks to my then toddler brother and moving constantly around the country). But still... I've got it.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:58 PM   #58
Goonie
IndyFan

Nice collection!
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #59
WrathofGod
IndyFan

WOW and i thought i was a closet Indiana Jones nut, i want all your stuff.
The best i can do is the DVD box set from a few years ago, a couple of old movie mags, Raiders CD, Temple CD, some old games and a few posters including the 10th anniversary Raiders. Oh and hopefully a hat from adventure built soon...oh and a whip.

I see a commodore 64 game there, that's hilarious i had one of those.
WrathofGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #60
Inbanana
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathofGod
I see a commodore 64 game there, that's hilarious i had one of those.
I used to have that game too when I was a kid... though I could never figure out what I was supposed to do. Finally I downloaded an emulator the other day and was able to beat it (it only took 25 years)...
Inbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:10 AM   #61
WrathofGod
IndyFan

Better late than never I never saw that game though.
WrathofGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #62
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIrishB in response to Plaristes
HA!! The term "pathetic-in-comparison-to-DIrishB's-collection" should NEVER be used when taking into account your HUGE SW collection. Thats amazing, man.
I think the term can be used compared to many others, including myself. Your literature collection contains some real treasures with the RPG stuff and "Lost Kingdom" being some of the coolest.

Quote:
He's here all week, folks.
Try the veal!
BA-DUM-
Henry's mother-in-law was so fat...
Crowd: How fat was she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
Here are (as promised) the pics of the most valued items in my collection:
The Board Game!!!
The gist of the game is to find all cards (Marion, Ra, Imam and Map Room) in the same colour. It's a game that requires good memory skills.
I envy you, Violet! Thanks for posting your photos. I especially like the cover painting on the box and the centrepiece one on the board. Nice collection piece! If I ever get to Australia, I challenge you to a game. What's interesting is the name, Indiana Jones, OVER the "Raiders" logo 15 years before the re-released VHS title. (Nice duvet/bed-spread BTW. Are those daisies?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
And yes, the much coveted Australian exclusive that as far as I know no one else seems to have (Ed of the Indy Cast could be the only exception).
The Map of the Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones (mostly YIJC) circa 2000:

This was released with the Video Boxset of the trilogy as a bonus as well as the bonus YIJC video of Oganga, The Giver & Taker of Life. Each video in the Complete Adventures VHS collection had a sticker for a very limited time. You needed to collect the stickers in order to complete the map. I unfortunately have not been able to finish it (let alone keep this map from falling apart thanks to my then toddler brother and moving constantly around the country). But still... I've got it.
A truly RARE & EXQUISITE Young Indy artifact...I don't know what to say other than you Aussies were extremely lucky to be able to get this! Violet, you could start a thread about the map in the Young Indy section of the board to see if there are others who have it. Maybe, one day, we could eventually see a completed version! Between relocating & your toddler brother, thanks for your noble attempts to preserve this thing!

Another interesting fact is that your Australian VHS boxed-set came with "Oganga" and not "Peacock's Eye" like in N.America...
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #63
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
I think the term can be used compared to many others, including myself. Your literature collection contains some real treasures with the RPG stuff and "Lost Kingdom" being some of the coolest.

I do love my hard to find Indy collectibles.

Quote:
Henry's mother-in-law was so fat...
Crowd: How fat was she?

Old 02-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #64
Plaristes
IndyFan

Quote:
I do love my hard to find Indy collectibles.

And not only those. Most of the Hohlbein novels and WEG rpg books aren't hard to find, they're just expensive, which is what has kept me from getting all of them so far.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #65
Plaristes
IndyFan

My roommate's not here, so I can't use his camera to take a pic of several Indy books I just added to my collection, but I can at least list them.

Sally Bell, Safari in Africa
Richard Brightfield, Revolution in Russia
Anne Digby, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
J.N. Fox, Young Indiana Jones and the Pirates' Loot
Lionel Grigson and Philip Chidlow, Indiana Jones and His Life of Adventure
Harold Johnson, Indiana Jones: Judge's Survival Pack
Les Martin, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
________, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
________, Prisoner of War
________, Trek of Doom
William McCay, The Secret Peace
Parker Smith, The Mummy's Curse
Megan Stine and H. William Stine, The Mummy's Curse
________, Young Indiana Jones and the Lost Gold of Durango
Richard Wenk, Indiana Jones and the Legion of Death

It's nice to finally get a couple more of the few original Indy stories not in my collection. And Indiana Jones and His Life of Adventure is pretty cool in that it contains journal entries and other written accounts by Indy of some of his movie adventures, similar to (although much shorter than) The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones. So, DIrishB, if you're planning on getting the Lost Journal, you should get IJaHLoA as well.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #66
indyclone25
IndyFan

very kool stuff , one and all --- isn't it great when we can show each other our collections and just see what else we have to hunt down ? very neat stuff .
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #67
DIrishB
IndyFan

I finally got my Crystal Skeleton earlier this week. Here are some pics I took. I'll post more action shots later on.

Indy and Company

The Evil Bastards

The Loot

Old 02-21-2009, 07:08 PM   #68
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
It's nice to finally get a couple more of the few original Indy stories not in my collection. And Indiana Jones and His Life of Adventure is pretty cool in that it contains journal entries and other written accounts by Indy of some of his movie adventures, similar to (although much shorter than) The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones. So, DIrishB, if you're planning on getting the Lost Journal, you should get IJaHLoA as well.

Very cool. When was Indiana Jones and His Life of Adventure published? Is it older, or a more recent release? I have been meaning to pick up the Lost Journal and Ultimate Guide. I'll add His Life of Adventure to that list.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #69
Plaristes
IndyFan

It was published way back in 1989.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #70
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
It was published way back in 1989.

That'll make tracking it down interesting.

**pulls out whip and revolver, puts on hat, and starts searching the internet for yet another Indy collectible item**

Old 02-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #71
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Quote:
I envy you, Violet! Thanks for posting your photos. I especially like the cover painting on the box and the centrepiece one on the board. Nice collection piece! If I ever get to Australia, I challenge you to a game. What's interesting is the name, Indiana Jones, OVER the "Raiders" logo 15 years before the re-released VHS title. (Nice duvet/bed-spread BTW. Are those daisies?)

A truly RARE & EXQUISITE Young Indy artifact...I don't know what to say other than you Aussies were extremely lucky to be able to get this! Violet, you could start a thread about the map in the Young Indy section of the board to see if there are others who have it. Maybe, one day, we could eventually see a completed version! Between relocating & your toddler brother, thanks for your noble attempts to preserve this thing!

Another interesting fact is that your Australian VHS boxed-set came with "Oganga" and not "Peacock's Eye" like in N.America...

The bedspead is actually frangipani's (it's a very popular Pacific island flower, that most girls down here have stickers of all of their cars usually, though I went with the bedspread lol).

It's a fun game with some skill involved too (memory mostly). Interesting that the N. America version had "Peacock's Eye". Did you guys have interviews at the end of the Young Indy tapes (the interviews were the same at the end of each one, and they had a special focus on 'Oganga' and there were also an interview with Lucas at the beginning relating to the episode's historic side)? I don't know what the significance of 'Oganga' was, but with 'Peacock's Eye', I'm willing to bet that was because P-Eye was the most like the films in terms of a MacGuffin and archaeology and adventure.

I admit I love the centre painting of the board. I love the cover too, it's a very nice piece in general, not many board games these days have painted images, it's always photoshopped. Though the Stairs game is quite fun too, though there's more luck than skill there.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:10 AM   #72
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Here's my complete collection of the TSR Indy RPG adventures. Below that are all the various cardboard figures for the game.
Can you post a clearer pic of the characters, particularly the infamous "NAZI(tm)"?
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #73
Short Rounded
IndyFan

wow

Wow! That's a lot of books, DIrishB! It is like your house is a library! Cool! That is a lot of action figures, too. P.S. Where did you get the stands for the action figures?
Short Rounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #74
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
Can you post a clearer pic of the characters, particularly the infamous "NAZI(tm)"?

Haven't forgotten, Moedred, just been busy (and lazy when I'm not busy). I'll get that pic snapped this weekend for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Rounded
Wow! That's a lot of books, DIrishB! It is like your house is a library! Cool! That is a lot of action figures, too. P.S. Where did you get the stands for the action figures?

Believe it or not, all my Indy DVDs, books, games, etc fit on one shelf under my bed-side table (granted, the table is as long as the bed ) in my spare room.

As for the stands, you can find them on Ebay and probably other places on the internet. They're called Pro-tech figure stands, and they come in different colors (clear, white, black, and others) and different figure sizes (3 3/4" and 6"), as well as for modern and vintage figures. Ebay is probably your best bet, I buy them in 20 packs for like $8-12 depending on the seller.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #75
Plaristes
IndyFan

Sadly, I don't have a camera to show what I've added to my collection since I took the pics on the first page of this thread. Nevertheless, I thought I'd note that the last couple of weeks have been very good for my Indy lit collection, since I've acquired the following:

Indiana Jones Adventures vol. 2
Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead
Indiana Jones and the Golden Vampires
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Annual 2009
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Interactive Play-s-Sound)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Meet Indy
Indiana Jones and the Lands of Adventure
Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates and Other Tales
Indiana Jones Annual 2010
Indy's Adventures
Traps and Snares
The World of Indiana Jones
Young Indiana Jones and the Face of the Dragon