Denver Broncos football

michael

Darren McFadden is what happened. Holy hell what a stomping.

But so goes the NFL...nothing is ever a given. That's why I love it.

Kyle

Yeah, that was pretty crazy. I don't know if that says more about the Raiders or the Broncos.

:hat:

Indy Scout 117

embarassed....kinda....??

ok...being from denver, i must say im very dissappointed. :eek: however, i am not really a broncos fan, i really dont follow any team (except the Saints since last year). but yeah....hopefully mcdaniels gets fired. who agrees??

Gabeed

Kyle said:
Yeah, that was pretty crazy. I don't know if that says more about the Raiders or the Broncos.

:hat:

The Raiders seem to be slightly better than previous years, but . . . .59 points at Mile High? Inexcusable fail by the Broncos defense.

I, on the other hand, being a Packer fan, have a small spring in my step of late. ;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
It's our ambush strategy. Watch a 10 win streak come our way now.

Besides, it's the AFC west... at the end of the year, an 8-8 team will host a 11-5 wildcard from the AFC North...LOL

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
It's our ambush strategy. Watch a 10 win streak come our way now.

Besides, it's the AFC west... at the end of the year, an 8-8 team will host a 11-5 wildcard from the AFC North...LOL

That "wild"ambush strategy seems to be the way to go, just ask the Cowboys and a few other teams.

Well with the "flag" football rules in effect just watch the scores go mile high. We should have some 3 digit scores soon!

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
Any Denver Broncos fans here? What the heck happened?

2013 is Over...
MORENO-TEARS.gif

And not a moment too soon

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
Who is La'veon and why did he bump me from my playoff contention

Mr. Bell is something special but the real story is what Mike Munchak is doing with the offensive line. Yes, the line has two high priced 1st round picks but after that it's cast off city. In the salary cap era, he is delivering HUGE $$$ savings for the Steelers.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
Mr. Bell is something special but the real story is what Mike Munchak is doing with the offensive line.

I heard he has an incentive program that is akin to "do your job, or we'll trade you to Cleveland".

Joe Brody

Go Orange. Steelers need the Broncs to take care of Kansas City. We'd love to see you'll in the playoffs. . . . . .

. . . in Pittsburgh.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Kelce 10 yard slant right to left across the middle? Okay. We'll just keep watching it all night long. We won't even change our offensive play.

Hey, it worked in Houston, right?

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
For reasons unsaid; thank you for beating Miami.

Fun -- but very cold game. It was only the second time I've had to put foot warmers in my boots for a Steelers game (even if I made it to the third quarter without).

I'm worried about KC though because Ben's been throwing too many pics.

As a Steeler Fan, it's tough with the Patriots and Cowboys looking so hot in the playoffs.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I was hoping for some fresh blood in the Playoff Pool. I'm out on Seattle. NE pisses me off. Pitt is classic NFL (back in the days of the Sabol NFL films lore), but I don't like Big Ben. KC makes for a great story. That's the best game this weekend for me. That's old school football.

Then you have the storied Cowboys this year. I don't like Jerry Jones, and I'm not a fan of their play. That leaves Matty Ice, and his high flying Falcons and Greenbay to root for. I can't root the Cheeseheads, they play in the NFC north and my boy like the Lions. But I don't think a Falcon lead NFC will make the bowl.

So, let's go Falcons Greenbay for a shootout. Against whoever can beat NE...?

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
I was hoping for some fresh blood in the Playoff Pool. I'm out on Seattle.

Agreed on both counts. The League owners are their own worst enemy. They are either blowing up their teams or recycling stale (staid White) coaches. Either way, the fans get alienated and lose interest.

Pale Horse said:
NE pisses me off.

Absolutely. And doubly so for Steeler fans. Do you know the legarrette blount saga how he got himself cut so he could resign with the Pats? Can't stand 'em.

Pale Horse said:
Pitt is classic NFL (back in the days of the Sabol NFL films lore), but I don't like Big Ben.

I don't like Ben either but the SI story was unfair. The guy is the dictionary definition of entitled jock but I know he's trying to make amends. I'm at Latrobe this summer with my son and Ben is taking more time than usual to sign autographs (he wasn't scheduled to practice that day). Any way, we're towards the end of the line and there are two 12-14 year old boys beside us. Ben signs for the two boys and starts to pull away. For some reason, he stopped came back and signed a shirt my 10-going- on-11-year-old-son was holding up. It's not like we were calling out to him or anything. He did it on his own. Going to Camp was a huge surprise for my son but getting that autograph took it to a whole other level -- so I can't malign Ben too much.

Pale Horse said:
KC makes for a great story. That's the best game this weekend for me. That's old school football.

Agreed. I've always respected KC but am not an Andy Reid fan. I hope we crush them.

Pale Horse said:
Then you have the storied Cowboys this year. I don't like Jerry Jones, and I'm not a fan of their play.

HATE the Cowboys though I like the young guys. The only good thing about the Cowboys being good is that that they mop up the floor with the entitled Giants.

Pale Horse said:
That leaves Matty Ice, and his high flying Falcons and Greenbay to root for. I can't root the Cheeseheads, they play in the NFC north and my boy like the Lions. But I don't think a Falcon lead NFC will make the bowl.

You listen to Bomani Jones? He's hilarious about Atlanta. I can't ever like Atlanta because Jerry Glanville coached them. And if you know anything about Chuck Noll and Jerry Glanville, then you understand.

Total respect for Green Bay -- especially with a Pittsburgher for a Head Coach Check out the recent great SI story on the Coach. When we go to Pittsburgh and go through the Turnpike Plaza, I call it the Mike McCarthy memorial tollbooth and I guilt my kids with his story, telling them that's what it takes to succeed in this world.

Pale Horse said:
So, let's go Falcons Greenbay for a shootout. Against whoever can beat NE...?

I'd love a Green Bay re-match. . . . but getting a second shot at the Cowboys would be great too.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
I don't like Ben either but the SI story was unfair....Going to Camp was a huge surprise for my son but getting that autograph took it to a whole other level -- so I can't malign Ben too much.

See, this is the sort of thing that needs to be showcased. I blame the leftcoast. Everyone makes mistakes. Hell even Von Miller was on the wrong path till Ware stepped in to correct him. I believe in giving people a shot at redemption.