Your not ideal Indy 4

intergamer

What don't you want to be in Indy 4? if you were making a fan film Indy 4 that was a parody or a farce, what would be in it?

It can range from the classic (Indy depicted as really old, Henry stealing the show, lots of references to the other movies, Indy dying, Indy communicating face to face with CGI aliens)

to the more academic points that perhaps even lucas will debate,

to the wild and unsensical!!

funny is GOOD

00Kevin

Indyfan
hahaha, good thread

well, there are plenty of things, I'll list everything I can think of later, just a few key points:

-don't do stuff we have already seen
-no jar-jar type charactors
-NO CGI!

intergamer

indy runs away into the forest and meets robin hood, becomes a subordinate to robin, and the rest of the movie is a men-in-tights remake

the opening sequence is a parody of the raiders sequence, except indy fails and dies and the rest of the movie is about short round

intergamer

Webley said:
It would not be ideal with out Short Round.

this was debated on another thread...but overall, I think that one of the major "not ideal" situations that has been discussed is too many nods to previous ones...enough cameos...put sallah and marcus in there...but Short Round was a character (largely comic relief) for the setting of Temple of Doom.

leave it at that

intergamer

lol, maybe he comes back from the dead! no, I meant henry...well, I haven't seen the movies in a long time, figured i'd wait for the dvds.

Blofeld

new companions please

I think Indy is a great character that works well with a variety of companions, like Doctor Who or Conan.

Let's see some new companions, a new female(not a screamer like Willie) but a full-fledged partner, or maybe a bad-ass Gurkha warrior who is also an adversary

Indy's brother

....a new character (like a young upstart because Ford is too old to kick ass) locking horns with the main villain instead of Indy in a major action sequence. :p

(did I just stir the pot? that's slightly out of character for me...)

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
....a new character (like a young upstart because Ford is too old to kick ass) locking horns with the main villain instead of Indy in a major action sequence. :p

(did I just stir the pot? that's slightly out of character for me...)

I think we can call this archaeology. You go searching for the Bermuda Triangle, and a seven year-old thread bubbles to the surface instead! :p Go back down and see what else you can stir up!