Who was the Cairo swordsman?

oki9Sedo

I always thought he was just some gobsh*te who wanted to pick a fight, like the bald German mechanic. But my brother thinks he was with those assassins who attack Indy and Marion earlier. Anyone know?

No Ticket

I don't know, but I always assumed he was working with them because it didn't seem to me like he would just randomly want to sword fight Indy.

IndySeven

I've always thought that perhaps he was a Thuggee that escaped from the Temple of Doom and moved to Cairo. I know it sounds crazy, but hey, his costume looks very similar to the Thuggee's costumes!:)

Gear

I think he was hired by the German S.S. because he was incredibly skilled, HA, untill he meets Indys Webly!

Viper

Webly doesn't even make guns... :rolleyes:

Indy uses an MKVI in Last Crusade and in MacGregor's and Caidin's models, and an MKIV in McCoy's novels.

oki9Sedo

No Ticket said:
I don't know, but I always assumed he was working with them because it didn't seem to me like he would just randomly want to sword fight Indy.

I suppose it makes more sense that he was working with those Nazis. I don't know why, I just always thought he was some ******* who wanted to pick a fight.

Nurhachi1991

Who was the Cario Swordsman anyway???

it never showed him being hired by the nazis like the other thugs it just shows the crowd quickly steping aside and than indy shoots him

but really who was he? maybe he was some random guy trying to impress an american with his fancy sword skills

Lord_glavin

well, as a young boy, he was teased for always playing with swords, but he stuck to it. Training for hours a day at just swinging his sword around instead of getting a job. His family disowned him and his friends deserted him but one day there was a fuss in town and cairo swordsman knew it was his time to shine! he had been practising for this moment all his life! So proudly and grinning like a schoolboy, he walked in front of the american and began to swing his sword.

He never got to finish his routine, but the crowd behind him did not miss him, as you can see they cheered his death.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJOXLryzs8g&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJOXLryzs8g&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

oki9Sedo

I used to think he was just some guy who sees Indy running around drawing attention to himself and picks a fight with him.

But it does make more sense that he's one of the Arabs working with the Nazis to kill Jones.

Lord_glavin said:
well, as a young boy, he was teased for always playing with swords, but he stuck to it. Training for hours a day at just swinging his sword around instead of getting a job. His family disowned him and his friends deserted him but one day there was a fuss in town and cairo swordsman knew it was his time to shine! he had been practising for this moment all his life! So proudly and grinning like a schoolboy, he walked in front of the american and began to swing his sword.

He never got to finish his routine,

Very, very funny!(y) (y)

Nurhachi1991

i thought greedo shot first

and what danger was the swordsman? he really did not show any signs of hostility all he did was spin his sword around a few times and smile

thats like going to a football game and shooting a cheerleader for spinning a baton

Crack that whip

I think we'll learn all we want to know in the forthcoming further adventures:

The Cairo Swordsman and the Marketplace of Bargains

The Cairo Swordsman and the Visiting Tourists

The Young Cairo Swordsman Chronicles

... the last of which will eventually be retitled The Adventures of the Young Cairo Swordsman, and eventually followed up by:

The Cairo Swordsman and the Scabbard of the Jewel-Encrusted Sword of the Gods