Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Billy Ray

Good news, but I doubt I will get him. I already have the Medicom Henry Sr. and that is one nice figure. SS will have to really go all out to top that one. Of course, I may wind up eating my words when I see him. SS will probably give him a lot more accessories, which was my only complaint with Medicom's. I imagine the grail and grail diary might be included. Heck, maybe the exclusive item could be the pen (which was mightier than the sword). My biggest fear is his glasses though, they really didn't do a good job on Toht's...whereas Medicom did a superb job on their Henry's.

tnswman

There is NO WAY that they can top the Medicom Henry Sr. No way not even close..This thing will look crazy I'm sure....It's like a bunch of unknown actors dressed as our heroes when Sideshow does a figure in their style.

monkey man

Why Henry next? The Medicom version was pretty close to perfect. It's hard to imagine Sideshow doing a better job than that. More accessories would be nice but the sculpt has to be as good as Medicom's or I'm not interested.

Billy Ray

Sideshow 12" Henry Jones Sr!

Sideshow announced their next 12" Indy figure...Henry Jones Sr. goes up for pre-order on the 4th of June. This is the only image they have released so far:

052809henryjones_01.jpg

052809henryjones_02.jpg

052809hj12_03.jpg

Note, this is not Medicom's Henry Sr, which is availabe through Sideshow, this is Sideshow's own attempt at him. Should be interesting to see what the final product looks like. They will have a hard time topping Medicom's IMO, and the aren't too adept at the whole eyeglass thing. Hopefully he comes with a bunch of cool accessories and a better hat than Medicom's though. I will stick with my Medi, but I may pick up a hat and accessories from this one if they turn out good. The briefcase and umbrella already look better.

UIMJ

Ugh. Everything we get from Medicom we get from Sideshow. It'd be nicer if between the two we could get some more variety. These are too pricey anyway and take a back seat to my Iron Man collection, so I'll keep buying this stuff but it has to be when I land a deal of some kind somewhere like on eBay.

deckard24

That's pretty cool news, but I'm looking forward to a full shot of the figure before I decide to get one. Hopefully Trevor is on the job with the sculpt!(y)

deckard24

Just ordered it. Man...that is a terrific sculpt! Anyone know if this is Trevor's handiwork?

Thanks for posting the pics Charlie!:hat: If I hadn't seen this thread I might have missed out on the pre-order.

Billy Ray

It's actually up for preorder as of last night...and still available:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=39061

He does look nice, but I think I will stick with the Medicom version. I like all his accesories, and may try to pick them up loose when he gets parted out. Something with the face just look soff to me. cna't put my finger on it. He looks a little P.O.ed and his head looks a little fat. The unpainted sculpt was posted in the Sideshow Freak forums and it looks a lot better than the finished product. Another stellar job by Trevor Grove, but painted up, it looks a little off.

mfisher

Doesnt appear as though Trevor did this one... the list of artists under the specs tab does not show his name:
Bernardo Esquivel
Kevin Ellis
Heath Hammond
Jared Chapman
Jesse Lincoln
Chadwick Andersen
Toi Ogunyoku
The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Regardless... the sculpt looks GREAT !

deckard24

Billy Ray said:
It's actually up for preorder as of last night...and still available:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=39061

He does look nice, but I think I will stick with the Medicom version. I like all his accesories, and may try to pick them up loose when he gets parted out. Something with the face just look soff to me. cna't put my finger on it. He looks a little P.O.ed and his head looks a little fat. The unpainted sculpt was posted in the Sideshow Freak forums and it looks a lot better than the finished product. Another stellar job by Trevor Grove, but painted up, it looks a little off.
Well in that case, thanks again Charlie for starting this thread! I'm glad I logged in this morning.

He does look a little pissed, but hey he did have that look for most of LC.
http://www.theraider.net/showimage..../films/crusade/gallery/dvdscreenshots/242.jpg

Wow, you weren't kidding, that is a fantastic sculpting job! Trevor's sculpts are awesome, and if this isn't his work, then hats off to the artist whose work it is. Unfortunately the quality gets hid a bit under the final painted product, but regardless I still think it looks pretty great overall. The hat, the glasses, the grail, the diary, and the tablet are really well done!

Last edited:

Billy Ray

Hmmm...well consensus on Sideshow Freaks is that it is Trevor's work, despite him not being listed, but I don't know how they came by that info. Here is the image of the unpainted sculpt anyway:

sideshowhenryjonessrbyt.jpg

Don't get me wrong, it's a great figure and I would definitely be getting it if I didn't already have Medicom's. I have too much other stuff on the way though, to justify having two Henry's in my collection. I hope the final product is as good as the proto.

inky_skin

Can't decide whether we're getting a removable hat, or two heads. Regardless, I've ordered the Exclusive version. That makes Jones Jr. and Jones Sr. in my Sideshow collection (plus that real nice polystone Rocketeer bust). I figure that now I'm not buying 3 3/4" figs (other than for customs) I can justify the outlay - but I can see how Sideshow devotees become both obsessed and broke ! Much as I'd like Toht, I missed out on ordering. Belloq and German Disguise Indy are easy passes though. How 'bout a Marion next - or something from ToD ?

**EDIT - next time I'll check the product summary before posting - removable hat it is !**

Jack Panix

Ordered mine last night too. The exclusive edition with the grail tablet has already sold out. The regular version is still up for grabs though.

Indy Geek

Pitty those kinda of items doesn't get cheaper ordering from the EU (on my case Portugal). In some cases, it´s like buying the item twice!!!:(