The Raiders Monkey

glorbes

I know that the little monkey in Raiders is not the nicest primate in the universe, but is anyone else always saddened by his death? Ever since I was a kid, I always feel a little twinge of sadness when he bites into that date and winds up dead on the floor. All the more tragic that its his master that inadvertently does the deed.

Sorry, I just watched Raiders last night, and this got me to thinking about that poor little guy.

vf wing

I had forgotten how much screen time that little guy got until i went back and watched Raiders again. Seems like a quick, painless death for him, so it doesn't make me too sad. However, he'll live forever in my action figure collection! (y)

The Drifter

That monkey was a traitor!
What about those poor snakes that were just minding their own buisness when along comes Indy and douses them with gasoline and sets them on fire.

I feel sorry for the snakes.

And, speaking of fire.
The rats in Crusade died in the same way. Poor critters. :(

glorbes

Lonsome_Drifter said:
That monkey was a traitor!
What about those poor snakes that were just minding their own buisness when along comes Indy and douses them with gasoline and sets them on fire.

I feel sorry for the snakes.

And, speaking of fire.
The rats in Crusade died in the same way. Poor critters. :(

That's absolutely true! And they committed no treachery, either. Indy is a heartless murderer.

Kooshmeister

So, in a movie where humans are impaled, burned, shot, run over, fall off cliffs, get chopped to bits, melt and explode....a monkey dying by being poisoned is somehow not kosher.

Why doesn't anyone cry for the snake Indy kills with the torch? :whip:

The Drifter

Kooshmeister said:
So, in a movie where humans are impaled, burned, shot, run over, fall off cliffs, get chopped to bits, melt and explode....a monkey dying by being poisoned is somehow not kosher.

Why doesn't anyone cry for the snake Indy kills with the torch? :whip:

I lamented for all of them. See above.