Animated Series Lucas Petition

RedeemedChild

Okay, so I'm writing a petition letter to George Lucas in regards to creating an animated Indiana Jones television series and expanding the Indiana Jones comics/graphic novels. I'm also planning to mention Monkey Island and present suggestion for creating an Expanded Universe to the Monkey Island franchise so as to make it possible to create more MI products like comics, toys, trading cards and the like.

Plus take a look at the video below:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/43-2jE-9OhA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/43-2jE-9OhA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Now I'd like to the see an animated Indiana Jones program done in that same animation art style and not CGI like The Clone Wars.

As you guys are my fellow Indy fans I just thought I present this to you and ask for your input and suggestions please.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Perhilion

Nice idea, but I honestly can't see this working. And I don't think I'd like that style for an Indy show.

I think it would be great. We can't think bad things, have to hope that it would work. At least there will be a Indy animated series!

RedeemedChild

Perhilion said:
Nice idea, but I honestly can't see this working. And I don't think I'd like that style for an Indy show.

Well Perhilion I think it might work because a lot of Indiana Jones fans have expressed interest in an animated Indiana Jones program even Paul Dini*.

Now I can understand your not wanting to go that way with the animation style and after having laid in bed during the past night and turning the issue over and over in my mind I have changed that part of my petition to either the animation style and character design of Jackie Chan Adventures which was done by Jeff Matsuda or like that of the beautifully animated Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

(i.e.)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6zzNFsIyhM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6zzNFsIyhM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Furthermore I'm trying to settle on a timeline and I was thinking that such a program could be set in the same timeline as the new Indiana Jones Adventures Comics or immediately before the Indiana Jones movies themselves or perhaps between Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade so that Short Round could serve as Indiana Jones sidekick throughout the series?

Please give me some suggestions regarding a timeline guys because that's what I'm struggling with right now. BTW guys George Lucas has mentioned a mysterious animated program. I wonder what could it be? I hope it's not Star Wars again. Could there be a light at the end of this tunnel? I'll go so far as to quote it from IGN.com

"Lucas actually also referred to a 2nd animated series he has in development. But what this project is, and if it's related to Star Wars or something else entirely, was not made clear.

Lucas said he'd be working much more on the small screen in the future, remarking, "I love television. It's a lot more fun than features." Elaborating, he said that he felt in film, there was too much risk involved, and that you give three years of your life to a project, in a medium where only 10% of projects break even, and even less truly are deemed successful. "

Source: http://tv.ign.com/articles/770/770160p2.html

* Paul Dini dreams of an animated Indiana Jones
http://www.aintitcool.com/?q=node/39554

http://www.nerdgasmic.com/2008/12/cartoon-genius-paul-dini-dreams-of-an-animated-indiana-jones/

Wilhelm

An animated Indiana Jones series is the best way to continue the franchise. The episodes could be set between 1936 - 1947 (Roswell incident) with appeareances of Sallah, Marcus, Mac, Marion, Shorty, Willie and Henry Jones Sr.

The style must be like the old Marvel comics.

I don't think that we will see another Indy movie with Harrison Ford / Steven Spielberg, but the animated series is a new and logical step for the franchise.

Robyn

I wouldn't mind an Indy animated series, I wouldn't exactly get "into" it, but I wouldn't mind. I would probably rather read an Indy novel or a comic rather than an animated series but bottom line is I WANT more Harrison live action Indy's.:)

Wilhelm said:
I don't think that we will see another Indy movie with Harrison Ford / Steven Spielberg, but the animated series is a new and logical step for the franchise.

You will see another Indy movie with Harrison and Spielberg, you may not like what you get but you'll get one. ;)

RedeemedChild

Wilhelm said:
An animated Indiana Jones series is the best way to continue the franchise. The episodes could be set between 1936 - 1947 (Roswell incident) with appeareances of Sallah, Marcus, Mac, Marion, Shorty, Willie and Henry Jones Sr.

The style must be like the old Marvel comics.

Thank you for the idea and suggestions Wilhelm. I like your point of view and opinions as they are the very same sentiments that are moving me to write this petition to George Lucas and company. I only wonder to which address I should mail it to as I don't really know how to obtain an exact address to contact George Lucas himself directly. It seems as if people over at forums.starwars.com and the LucasArts forum simply mail their letters to LucasArts and some of them even say that they've received responses from Mr. Lucas himself.

So what do you guys suggest I do in the situation of mailing this letter? What address do you guys know of?

Robyn said:
You will see another Indy movie with Harrison and Spielberg, you may not like what you get but you'll get one.

That's exactly why I'm not rooting for another film. I could not bear to see Indiana Jones hand over the Fedora to Mutt. Now please folks don't get me wrong I do like Mutt as a sidekick to Indiana Jones but not as a replacement.

Robyn

RedeemedChild said:
That's exactly why I'm not rooting for another film. I could not bear to see Indiana Jones hand over the Fedora to Mutt. Now please folks don't get me wrong I do like Mutt as a sidekick to Indiana Jones but not as a replacement.

If he hands it over to Mutt, I will lose all hope! :sick: But I don't think that will happen.

RedeemedChild

Robyn said:
If he hands it over to Mutt, I will lose all hope! :sick: But I don't think that will happen.

How about Hugh Jackman replace Indiana Jones? He'd be grand as the new Indy.

Last edited:

Robyn

RedeemedChild said:
How about Hugh Jackman?

I don't like Hugh Jackman at ALL. lol But that's besides the point, Harrison IS Indy and that's that. I will never be interested in an Indy without him. Like a lot of people have already said, the Young Indy series was acceptable ONLY because it took place in time frames that we didn't associate Harrison with, anything 1935 and beyond MUST be Harrison or nothing at all.

Robyn said:
I don't like Hugh Jackman at ALL. lol But that's besides the point, Harrison IS Indy and that's that. I will never be interested in an Indy without him. Like a lot of people have already said, the Young Indy series was acceptable ONLY because it took place in time frames that we didn't associate Harrison with, anything 1935 and beyond MUST be Harrison or nothing at all.
I agree with Robyn NO ONE can replace Harrison Ford, if there will be no more acting from Ford in Indiana Jones I don't want anyone els to replace him. Harrison Ford is Indy and no one els can take his place! After the live action films, a Indy animated series needs to start airing.

Long live Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones! (y)

RedeemedChild

Robyn said:

Got cha! I understand exactly where you're coming from. That's why I agree with Wilhelm. I don't really want to see Hugh Jackman replace Harrison Ford, besides I think Mr. Jacksman is satisfied with his life as Wolverine.

Wilhelm said:
An animated Indiana Jones series is the best way to continue the franchise...the animated series is a new and logical step for the franchise.

Agent Crab

As long it isn't in the style of Teen Titans. I'm sorry. I don't want Indy speaking in a semi large mouth, turn chibi or have random huge eye moments.

Craptoon Network wouldn't want it in my opinion, but we may never know.

holdeen

i'd like to see an animated series. or even a feature film (i mean an animated feature - and no 3d please). and i'd love to work on it :)

Last edited:

NickTurner

Given the huge success of The Clone Wars, I see no way Indy would ever get made as a traditional pen-and-ink style cartoon. Let's face it, if it ever gets done it WILL be '3D', or at least computer-generated. However, the style of the animation, or the design style rather, does not, indeed should not, be the same as CW. Something a little more period, a little softer, rounder, less mechanical. I would very much like the mannerisms to be similar however, and by that I mean the 'behavior' of the people is not overly exaggerated, not childishly cartoonish. The drama comes from the situations and the spectacle is extant in the very Star Wars universe, hence the realism in the vehicles for example. I think there is a parallel with Indy. Dr. Jones is very centered, very down-to-earth, and surreounding him there are fantastic locations, period vehicles, manic villains ... and the supernatural! With some great stories to tell I think it would make a fantastic series.

IAdventurer01

NickTurner said:
Given the huge success of The Clone Wars, I see no way Indy would ever get made as a traditional pen-and-ink style cartoon. Let's face it, if it ever gets done it WILL be '3D', or at least computer-generated. However, the style of the animation, or the design style rather, does not, indeed should not, be the same as CW. Something a little more period, a little softer, rounder, less mechanical. ... Dr. Jones is very centered, very down-to-earth, and surreounding him there are fantastic locations, period vehicles, manic villains ... and the supernatural! With some great stories to tell I think it would make a fantastic series.

While agree with you on the whole, in the manner of hoping really really hard, those are exactly the reasons why it should be hand drawn. I have no objections to 3D animation, but it just isn't the right format for the style necessitating an animated Indiana Jones.

The Drifter

Agent Crab said:
What if the 3D was done in a style like Beowulf or the Spritits Within?

I have said that before, and it's a good idea.
I would love to see an Indiana Jones adventure with that style.