if you could fix ET what would do?

indydude

I would take out the supernatural stuff, make a savegame option and maybe fix some of the control issues, what about you?

Nox

Supernatural stuff? WTH? Have you ever WATCHED the movies?

I'd remake the entire game as a graphic adventure with a little more thought into a game that's intelligent, makes sense, and is "Indy"-ish rather than a game that has you shoot, blow up stuff, and jump around like Mario. But that kind of game would not sell many copies; the kind they made would (and is).

DrJones56

IndyFan
Nox said:
Supernatural stuff? WTH? Have you ever WATCHED the movies?

The kind of supernatural stuff in ET is WAY different from the kind in the movies, that's what he is refering to, I agree, it gets a little too freaky...

I'd fix some of the graphical stuff, maybe work on the animation and lip sink, other than that, it's pretty good.

Nox

DrJones56 said:
The kind of supernatural stuff in ET is WAY different from the kind in the movies, that's what he is refering to, I agree, it gets a little too freaky...

I agree, but taking all supernatural stuff out is... wrong.

Hmm... I was just thinking... why do games have Indy searching for multiple artifacts to get a final artifact, whereas the movies have him chasing the final artifact and having and losing it several times? Kind of odd, really.

Skeletor

The supernatural stuff in ET kicked!

I would get rid of the Von Beck's Revenge level. The difficulty was ridiculous and the timing was way too unforgiving.

Plus I would add in gave saves and a few more levels. The game was a little short.

indydude

yea, it was rather short. I would keep the Von Beck's revenge level but not make as frusterating, maybe you have to fight him close up on top of his tank ah-la LC with Vogel.

Canyon

Skeletor said:

I would get rid of the Von Beck's Revenge level. The difficulty was ridiculous and the timing was way too unforgiving.

Absolutely! I have tried to get through this level about 50 times and I STILL can't get it! Aaarrrghhhhh!!! :mad:

silver

ugh.jpg

"AHHH!!! DIE LUCASARTS!!! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!"
yeah, that was my reaction to Von Beck's Revenge after repeating it for 2 days

Mr.Deflok

Great one silver!!!

In the first Metal Gear Solid for PS1/PC there was a battle with a tank that you did while on foot, that was spectacular. Perhaps The Collective needs to play other games.

Canyon

I would have like to have seen more levels set in a jungle environment and MORE levels of Indy in a Nazi Uniform (for uh, educational purposes, you understand....

*drool* *THUD!!!*

lv6-14.jpg

Youtes1

Yeah, if I had my way, Von Beck would've died much more maliciously for making me go through such hell.

Save game option definately.
Not so much difficult jumping. (He's Indy not a superhero)

It would've been cool if the shirt tore when a knife was being stabbed at you (Temple of Doom style).

Oh yeah more lifelike dameage.
You get stabbed in the stomach that's going to take a lot out of you.

The camera would go berzerk into a spin around Indy and it was almost impossible to fix.

But these are minors, overall the game was awesome and I was very pleased with the handeling of the levels and overall storytelling. Bravo.

I didn't mind the supernatural stuff that much. After what Jones went through in Infernal Machine, this seems watered down. I'm sure the guys at Lucas realize that we're getting tired of the enormous supernatural world and I'm sure the next Indy game will be even better.

Yolegoman

I would take out MOST of the supernatural stuff. Indy isn't Indy with out SOME supernatural stuff.

But I would take out most of it, including:

The Triad and Spirit Warriors,

The Whole Netherworld,

And the stupid boss battle against Mei Ying.

I don't mind so much the other stuff. But like I said, I would take out MOST of it.

Yolegoman

Dyre Straits

Add SAVE GAME OPTION and CONTROL IMPROVEMENTS

I've struggled through frustration upon frustration through this game and it primarily due to the crazy unpredictable controls!

I've gotten so aggravated at times, I've had to just leave the game for a couple of days and then come back and try again.

Right now, I've made it to the Emperor's Tomb and have dropped into the wall crushers. I've successfully climbed out of this about 5 times so far....only to die before completing the level. BUT, I've had to try dozens of times just to climb out of it because Indy doesn't necessarily face the direction you point him to face.

I'd like each level to have at least 2 or 3 areas that the player can select to save. Even if it was anywhere the player chose, but limited to 2 or 3 per level, it would lower the frustration factor immensely!

I do not like....and can't even remember....using cheats in a game. But, I've come very close to seeking out cheats for this and I really am a better gamer than to have to do that.

The game should be FUN!!!! Challenging, Yes! But first of all, FUN! I don't consider it any fun at all to be forced to have to do a level over, and over, and over, just because stupid controls don't work like they really should work.

Well, that's my rant. (And it's been building up for at least two weeks now. :( )

StarFire

I'd tighten up the controls and camera a little...I get scared when swimming because the controls are so touchy. Other than that, I like everything I've seen thus far about the game.

gavinpape

The only i problem i found with the controls (xbox) is that the right and left shoulder buttons (i think thats what they're called) are very sensitive..
You only have to touch the left one and Indy will do a forward roll, he usually does it down holes, and i never even pressed the button... :)