Fate of Atlantis Remake

Grizzlor

Patrik, wow, that's a great idea! To be honest, I don't know that I would change all that much, but would this still be a graphical point/click adventure?

BiffMan

Wow, that's looking very sharp indeed. Love today's pic! Nice progress you've had lately and fingers crossed that you and the team can see it through to completion!

tonywar93

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Special Edition

A group of talented and determined fans of the most famous archeologist-adventurer in Hollywood is developing the remake of this gorgeous adventure game, now in deep development. It is just a demo (up to the three paths choice, I guess), but if Lucasfilm/Disney decides to license out they will develop the full game. There will be two versions: a ‘pure’ one, faithful to the original, and another one with some addons in the game. As far as can be seen from the screenshots the project looks very promising: HD graphics, 2.5D environment, reorchestrated music.

For more information view the following links:
- Their blog, where to read about the team members, steps e completion percentage (http://remakeofatlantis.blogspot.it/)
- The official Facebook page with updates from the staff, screenshots and other surprises (https://www.facebook.com/fateofatlantisSE?fref=ts)
- More screenshots from one of the developers’ blog (http://patrikspacek.blogspot.it/)
- Take a look at the teaser trailer and the development video.

All of you who wish to see great Professor Henry ‘Indiana’ Jones, Jr. again should support this project. Let’s show Disney that we want this remake! :D
The developers need all the support we can give, and as a first thing to do is to press 'Like' on their Facebook page. The more we are, the faster Disney might get convinced.

Share and ‘Like’ on the official Facebook page! :whip:

This topic is also opened on AdventureGamers.com and the Steam game community forum.

Here is some extra updates and clarifications from the developers.

1) As for the SE he said:
“I know that most of the players are afraid of changes to the game. So, we are creating 2in1 version, where players can choose which one they wanna play. Original or Special Edition. SE will have small addons to the story we were missing in original version, because they didnt have enough space on floppy disks to put it in. So, its like showing some events more in detail.”

So, in the SE they are going to add rooms and objects that were removed from the original release. For instance, none of you ever heard of Sophia’s Bedroom?

2) He also said that he contacted many people from the original team (among them, Hal Barwood in person) and they’re all excited about the project.

3)As for the licensing he said:
“We know, that Lucasfilm wont give us a license w/o a strong person behind us…so we will try pursuit high post people at Disney (directors, CEO, producers) and ask them about personal meeting and presentation. We cannot do that, till demo is finished.
We are also opened to move to Disney studio and make the game over there, we dont care. We are also opened to open a Disney branch in Georgia, so it always stays under Disney Interactive studios.
That should be describe on meetings.”

Last edited:

8beat

tonywar93 said:
Here is some extra updates and clarifications from the developers [...]

Thanks for all these new infos. I've been following the project since last year and it looks really promising. This whole team seems to be a bunch of true FOA fans wanting to give the game a new feel, more modern, though respecting its original soul.

Bjorn Heimdall

Project looks really good, but licensing it will likely prove very hard indeed. Disney has recently green lit a Grim Fandango remake and they might want to hold on to their licenses until how they see how it fares. If it's wildly successful, I'd guess they want to repeat the procedure on some of their other classics.

Hopefully they will just want to save some time and employ you guys to do it! Good luck :gun:

Lambonius

This game has never needed a remake, especially not one that doesn't hold up to contemporary gaming standards of presentation. There is no way a corporation as large and influential as Disney is going to approve something like this. I'd be interested to see it as a fan-project, but going after any kind of official licensing is just asking for a cease-and-desist.

Finn

Staff member
Z dweller said:
The (possibly) good news: does this mean that Lucasfilm are planning a new Indy game at some point?
Most likely not.

That's not to say there couldn't be something in the works, but no one should take this C&D as an indicator of such a thing.