The Mayan Calendar and 2012

<div style="background:#000;width:350px; height:260px;font:0px sans-serif;text-align:left;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="cdtw" width="350" height="240" style="outline:none"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="eid=201352" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed name="cdtw" src="http://cdn.countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" flashvars="eid=201352" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="240" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" style="outline:none"></embed></object><br/> <a href="http://countingdownto.com" style="font:bold 8px Arial;padding-left:19px;color:#444;">COUNTDOWN WIDGET</a></div>

Are you going to tell me they could predict the end of the world and not Greenwich Mean Time?

Vance

Rocket Surgeon said:
I guess I should take your word over geophysicist Dr. Benjamin Fong Chao!

Yes. The man is an idiot.

Edit: Looking him up, he's the guy who blames Earthquakes on "Global Warming" and that any distruption on the earth's surface (tides, plates, etc.) will have dramatic effects on Earth's orbit. The fact he has nothing backing any of this up doesn't seem to slow him down too much, though he's only got a few major papers that I quickly found.

Anyway, how much mass (since mass effects orbit) is subtracted from the Earth's sphere of gravity if every single person drank every last ounce of water? The answer is 'zero'. Any 'tidal effect' is also negated by the sheer amount of mass the Earth has.. the crust, including all of our water, is a miniscule amount of Earth's mass...

Gear

The people who talk about doomsday on Dec. 21, 2012 have been given a platform by the mainstream media for fear entertainment. Fear sells, ratings go up, big media makes money. I also think the more advanced reason is disinformation and the discrediting of individuals whose work goes against the agenda of the Powers-that-Be (call them NWO, Globalists, Illuminati, etc). This is just my speculation.

When you look into 2012, you don't find a lot of folks saying the world will end, instead you see a lot of data and congruences suggesting the end of one age and the beginning of a new one. The times, they are a'changing, and at a faster pace than ever. That's something we can all agree on, right?

Terence McKenna is a thought provoking outlet, especially his Time Wave Zero algorithm.

All in all, it's quite exciting right now; we're just about on one of the most anticipated dates in history, and nobody has the answers.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
<div style="background:#000;width:350px; height:260px;font:0px sans-serif;text-align:left;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="cdtw" width="350" height="240" style="outline:none"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="eid=201352" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed name="cdtw" src="http://cdn.countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" flashvars="eid=201352" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="240" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" style="outline:none"></embed></object><br/> <a href="http://countingdownto.com" style="font:bold 8px Arial;padding-left:19px;color:#444;">COUNTDOWN WIDGET</a></div>

Your clock stopped.

Are we all dead?

Or just dreaming the same dream?

Dr. Gonzo

Montana Smith said:
Your clock stopped.

Are we all dead?

Or just dreaming the same dream?

15835_original.jpg

But just in case, it was fun ladies and gents...

with regards,
Col. Dr. Gonzo

Finn

Staff member
Did the prediction say that this is supposed to be the last day, or that the world was going to end BY today?

Because if the latter, well, guess I've got to say that the afterlife isn't exactly what I figured it might be (but when is it ever). But if the former, going with the Greenwich Mean, we'd still have roughly 11 and half hours to go before the day turns to 22nd.

And it's half past six in the Yucatan peninsula, meaning I'd recommend waiting at least 17 and half hours by the time of this' writing before letting out that final, relieving sigh.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
Did the prediction say that this is supposed to be the last day, or that the world was going to end BY today?

Because if the latter, well, guess I've got to say that the afterlife isn't exactly what I figured it might be (but when is it ever). But if the former, going with Greenwich Mean, we'd still have roughly 11 and half hours to go before the day turns to 22nd.

And it's half past six in the Yucatan peninsula, meaning I'd recommend waiting at least 17 and half hours by the time of this' writing before letting out that final, relieving sigh.

It was supposed to have been 11.11 GMT this morning. Though the Mayans have been celebrating not the end of the world but the beginning of the next 5,000 years (a new calendar).

Been some funny reports from Bugarach in France. People flocking there to board an alien spaceship that was supposed to come out of the mountain at 11.11 to take a few humans to safety! Almost as wacky as that movie...what was it called? Something about crystal skulls.

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
It was supposed to have been 11.11 GMT this morning.
I wasn't aware the Mayans had clocks. Even less, that they were aware of GMT becoming the "world central time" 300 years before its establishment. Great Scott.

Still here, then. *sigh* I'm kinda disappointed.

Benjamin Franklin once lamented that he's been born a century or two too soon: To see the advent of the Age of Science, but not actually getting to fully witness it.

Tell you what, Benny, you had it better. The world is far duller now that you can't solve most of your issues by burning a witch.

Gear

Y'all's barkin up the wrong tree, I propose.

(Also, I missed my spaceship outta here. Is it a scam if they make you pay cash up front?)

Montana Smith

Gear said:
Y'all's barkin up the wrong tree, I propose.

(Also, I missed my spaceship outta here. Is it a scam if they make you pay cash up front?)

If you'd bought the tickets on Ebay and paid by Paypal you'd have a good a chance of getting your money back.

As it is, I think you're Bugarached.

Never trust those ticket touts.

End-Of-The-World-Pictures-Pyrenean-Village-Bugarach-12212012-07-580x435.jpg

These guys also missed their ride:

121221-bugarach-jsw-520a.photoblog600.jpg

The police intended to be first in line:

img_606X341_1812-bugarach-france-end-world.jpg

Dr. Gonzo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fja4r7mNmic?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh wait... I guess not... :hat:

Finn

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
Oh wait... I guess not...
Yes, indeed. Welcome back. Where have you been the past two weeks? Did the UFO turn back for some reason or another?