Harold Ramis Calls KOCS "A Disaster..."

Darth Vile

mr.kotcs said:
I feel like I'm the only one who is even the slightest bit upset that not only a few but the vast majority of people hate kotcs.As for People on the raven. I'm not mad at anyone, most of us like the movie. It's really fanboys I'm mad at. they started the hate.After hearing all the reaction from them now even some critics are rethinking if they actually like kotcs. They're jumping on the hatewagon." Nuking the Fridge", "Raping your Childhood", those things get my blood boiling, they're also the main reason I've been working so hard to defend kotcs.

You are digging your own hole. The vast majority of people DO NOT hate KOTCS. You are buying into the whining of a vocal minority (the kind who contribute to the AICN boards). Also, if you truly believe that the majority of people hate KOTCS (a view I would refute strongly), then perhaps that truly answers your own question?

Cole

Darth Vile said:
You are digging your own hole. The vast majority of people DO NOT hate KOTCS. You are buying into the whining of a vocal minority (the kind who contribute to the AICN boards). Also, if you truly believe that the majority of people hate KOTCS (a view I would refute strongly), then perhaps that truly answers your own question?
I agree. If the internet was around 25 years ago, I'm sure we would've heard all about the ranting and raving of 'Temple of Doom.' In fact, it's 25 years later, and we do hear that ranting and raving about 'Temple of Doom' on the internet.

I don't think there's anyone out there making the argument that this is the "best" Indiana Jones.........it's just a very good Indiana Jones.

For people like me, 1 year old when 'Last Crusade' came out, and I grew up with these being my favorite movies..........having the opportunity to see a brand new Indy film released in the theaters was incredibly special. It's the most special experience I've had in the theater, and for that reason, the 4th movie will always have a particularly special place to me.

JP Jones

Darth Vile said:
mabye I didn't word this right. I think the majority of people like it, but the temple of doom effect is going on. A good Indy movie is not excatly like Raiders so it's "bad". It is popular for everyone to make it sound like kotcs is terrible.
I like that here at the Raven most people are not whiners, but the fact is outside of the raven, hate is plentiful.

Dayne

mr.kotcs said:
mabye I didn't word this right. I think the majority of people like it, but the temple of doom effect is going on. A good Indy movie is not excatly like Raiders so it's "bad". It is popular for everyone to make it sound like kotcs is terrible.
I like that here at the Raven most people are not whiners, but the fact is outside of the raven, hate is plentiful.

Agreed. That's all I ever hear anywhere I go or from anyone I talk to about it. "Yeah dude, nothing like the originals!" Frankly, most of these people haven't even seen the originals... Now that's a sad story.

Dayne

Rocket Surgeon said:

Many of the people I know who have said this don't actually watch the originals and a good portion of them haven't even seen an Indiana Jones movie before the 4th one. I'd say that this is mostly because I'm from a younger generation and was in the 12th grade when the last one come out.

It seems more like a fad now days to say you hate the forth one, whilst loving the originals because they are, let's say... classics. Because it's a fashionable thing to do, rather than honestly saying "I don't like any of the Jones movies" and not coming off as completely glib.

Darth Vile

Dayne said:
Many of the people I know who have said this don't actually watch the originals and a good portion of them haven't even seen an Indiana Jones movie before the 4th one. I'd say that this is mostly because I'm from a younger generation and was in the 12th grade when the last one come out.

It seems more like a fad now days to say you hate the forth one, whilst loving the originals because they are, let's say... classics. Because it's a fashionable thing to do, rather than honestly saying "I don't like any of the Jones movies" and not coming off as completely glib.

Very pertinent point... and well made if I may say...

Morning Bell

KOTCS was the second-highest grossing film of 2008 and many people I know enjoyed it immensely, myself included (I saw five times in theaters). I also remember going to buy the DVD the day it was released and it seemed like many other people in the store were also buying a copy or at least seriously considering it. I think the majority of fans and the general public liked the film and were glad to see Indy back.

I agree that the hate and whining has grown tiresome, especially after South Park spoofed it, in which it seemed that everyone suddenly rallied around that episode and treated it as if it were gospel or something. If someone doesn't like the film then that's fine; we're all entitled to our opinions. As for me, I'm too busy enjoying it to care what others think.:hat:

JP Jones

Morning Bell said:
KOTCS was the second-highest grossing film of 2008 and many people I know enjoyed it immensely, myself included (I saw five times in theaters). I also remember going to buy the DVD the day it was released and it seemed like many other people in the store were also buying a copy or at least seriously considering it. I think the majority of fans and the general public liked the film and were glad to see Indy back.

I agree that the hate and whining has grown tiresome, especially after South Park spoofed it, in which it seemed that everyone suddenly rallied around that episode and treated it as if it were gospel or something. If someone doesn't like the film then that's fine; we're all entitled to our opinions. As for me, I'm too busy enjoying it to care what others think.:hat:
South park , Ben mankowitz, Childhood raping. They're like shots to the groin.

indyrcks

well I love Kingdom of the Crystal Skull it may not have been the adventure you die hard Indy fans were hoping for, but why can't people not accept the film for what it is:D :confused:

DocWhiskey

indyrcks said:
well I love Kingdom of the Crystal Skull it may not have been the adventure you die hard Indy fans were hoping for, but why can't people not accept the film for what it is:D :confused:

Because nobody cares about Indiana Jones enough as much as we do to "accept" it. They seen it. They didn't like it. There's no fandom to bring them back to it.

Cole

If someone genuinely doesn't like it, then so be it. Can't force someone to like it.

I consider myself a diehard Indy fan and I loved it; I didn't walk out of the theater disappointed in the least.

It's extremely hard for me to grasp that someone who TRULY loves Indiana Jones wouldn't be entertained by this movie.

It's like if someone says they love 'Star Wars' but hate 'Return of the Jedi'........it's difficult for me to understand that.

Cole said:
If someone genuinely doesn't like it, then so be it. Can't force someone to like it.

I consider myself a diehard Indy fan and I loved it; I didn't walk out of the theater disappointed in the least.

It's extremely hard for me to grasp that someone who TRULY loves Indiana Jones wouldn't be entertained by this movie.

It's like if someone says they love 'Star Wars' but hate 'Return of the Jedi'........it's difficult for me to understand that.

It's difficult for you to understand that people can think for themselves? That people aren't bound by trademark?

I like Star Wars and hate Return of the Jedi. I also hate the prequel trilogy. ZOMG! :eek:

deckard24

I just watched Skull recently for the first time since it came out on DVD, and well...it's still not good! The jokes still fall flat, the same scenes that made me cringe in the theater are just as bad now, and worst of all...it's boring! I literally dozed off several times during it, as well as making mental checklists for things to do next week, throughout the entire second half of the movie.

The opening sequence still has a few bright spots, and the motorcycle chase felt like old school Indy, but everything else was just mehhh.

Seeing it again, really makes me doubt the possibility of a redeeming 5th film.

indyclone25

people have their own opinions --- harold ramis can say he doesnt like kotcs and i can say i didnt like year one --- i thought it was garbage ,, glad i went to see it at a bargain matinee cause i would have been pissed if i had payed 10 bucks to see that load of crud --- i have my opinion, he has his .

Cole

ResidentAlien said:
It's difficult for you to understand that people can think for themselves? That people aren't bound by trademark?

I like Star Wars and hate Return of the Jedi. I also hate the prequel trilogy. ZOMG! :eek:
It's difficult for me to grasp because they are similar.

I understand you may love Star Wars more than Return of the Jedi..........but to "hate" Return of the Jedi? You're not even entertained by it? No, that's difficult for me to understand.

Cole said:
It's difficult for me to grasp because they are similar.

I understand you may love Star Wars more than Return of the Jedi..........but to "hate" Return of the Jedi? You're not even entertained by it? No, that's difficult for me to understand.

Because you aren't discerning in the least.

Dayne

indyclone25 said:
people have their own opinions --- harold ramis can say he doesnt like kotcs and i can say i didnt like year one --- i thought it was garbage ,, glad i went to see it at a bargain matinee cause i would have been pissed if i had payed 10 bucks to see that load of crud --- i have my opinion, he has his .

Sadly, I did pay ten bucks. Actually I paid 12 bucks. I made a huge mistake... :eek:

Dayne said:
Sadly, I did pay ten bucks. Actually I paid 12 bucks. I made a huge mistake... :eek:

Sadly... I paid $20. Granted, on two tickets, but still...

Treated my father for his birthday as he raised me on the Indy flicks. Alas, we both came out of the theater scratching our heads, deeply disappointed.