Staff of Moses in KOTCS????

Dayne

Okay I was on IMDB and noticed this little point in the trivia section.

"The Staff of Moses from Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments (1956) also makes a cameo appearance in the Area 51 Hangar. The props department made a replica out of the original one. However it is much harder to spot than the Ark's cameo appearance."

I'll take this with a grain of salt as it doesn't explicitly explain what shot in the film it supposedly appears in. Nonetheless I am wondering if anyone else knows anything about this.

Meerkat

I didn't see any Staff of Moses...but I just HAVE to prove whether this is correct or not!
What does it look like?

Lance Quazar

I'm pretty sure this is mentioned/glimpsed in the prop segment of the DVD special features.....unless it was just another drug-addled hallucination of mine.

Morning Bell

I remember hearing about this but I've never actually seen a shot from the film to confirm it. Sounds interesting though.

DocWhiskey

Yeah, I remember on the KOTCS DVD special feature one of the prop guys showed you the detail of the "artifacts" going into the crates and one of them was the Staff of Moses. Though cool, it was really a waste of time and talent seeing as you really can't spot anything but the ark.

Chewbacca Jones

Just think of it as being like the cockpit of the Blockade Runner in the original Star Wars. The model builders actually made a complete interior cockpit, complete with a girly calender!

NickTurner

There's always extra stuff being filmed and cut out of movies. As a kid I was an extra in Tom Jones (starring Albert Finney) in a street scene where Tom is being taken to the gallows. In one take I was instructed to scrabble about in the gutter along with some other boys after a coin tossed down by a passing affluent couple. Never appeared in the movie of course. They filmed the whole day and then some for a movie scene of a minute or less... Kinda fun to watch the process though. Stand-ins where used for most of the day, through set-up and long shots. The stars were only brought in for the close-ups when the wagon got close to the camera!

Insomniac

Chewbacca Jones said:
Just think of it as being like the cockpit of the Blockade Runner in the original Star Wars. The model builders actually made a complete interior cockpit, complete with a girly calender!
Wait didn't Blade runner come out after Star Wars?

AnnieJones

I first found out about the Staff of Moses being in KOTCS when I watched the behind the scenes footage on the DVD I have.They showed that they were making Moses's staff as something for people to look for.The only problem was,I looked over,and over,and I couldn't find it.I constantly put it on pause in every warehouse scene and I still couldn't find it.Maybe someone else can.Have fun looking.:rolleyes:

Joosse

Forget about the staff of Mozes, I want the staff of Aaron! ;)

If you've read Indiana Jones and the secret op the Sphinx you'll know why...