TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 10-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #26
00Kevin
Indyfan

maybe indy searches for an artifact that can bring his dad back from the dead!

thats a joke btw
00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #27
mister64
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Kevin
maybe indy searches for an artifact that can bring his dad back from the dead!

thats a joke btw

That actually gives me an idea though. Is there some type of artifact (religious or occult) that allows someone to communicate with a dead person or even bring them back? Couldn't the climax be Indy communicating with a spirit form of Henry Sr. who tells him he's happy where he is and tells Indy not to bring him back?
mister64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #28
Hanselation
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister64

That actually gives me an idea though. Is there some type of artifact (religious or occult) that allows someone to communicate with a dead person or even bring them back? Couldn't the climax be Indy communicating with a spirit form of Henry Sr. who tells him he's happy where he is and tells Indy not to bring him back?

We all know, where the "TRANSMITTER" for talking to "GOD" is .... Maybe Indy will use this "GOLDEN BOX" for a little smalltalk with his dad...
After that, Indy will take the GRAIL and bring his dad back to life ... of course!
Hanselation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #29
Pale Horse

Greek Mythology

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister64
... Is there some type of artifact (religious or occult) that allows someone to communicate with a dead person or even bring them back?

I read somewhere that Orpheus had a LYRE or something.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #30
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
^ Damn, I was about to say sounds like Deadlock's script.

It's a good script, just depressing (well, it is Indy Noir).

I dunno about bringing people back from the dead. I think we had that sort of thing close enough in LC really and besides, been done in Mummy Returns.

It would be more interesting if Henry Snr had faked his death in order to protect something from someone. But even so, I can't help but interpret Indy's lines in KOTCS as Henry Snr being dead.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:50 AM   #31
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
^ Damn, I was about to say sounds like Deadlock's script.

It's a good script, just depressing (well, it is Indy Noir).

I dunno about bringing people back from the dead. I think we had that sort of thing close enough in LC really and besides, been done in Mummy Returns.

It would be more interesting if Henry Snr had faked his death in order to protect something from someone. But even so, I can't help but interpret Indy's lines in KOTCS as Henry Snr being dead.

That's a pretty good idea Violet! Henry could have discovered in his research a dangerous artifact, if in the wrong hands could doom us all. It so happens some Soviet goons are also looking for it and know Henry's the link to it. So for our protection and that of Indy's he fakes his death and then goes into hidding protecting the artifact. Our Macguffin!
Then unaccording to Henry's plan the Russian's find Indy and capture him for the infomation, which he doesn't know. Our Villain's! And now Indy is on a race to uncover the secrets and eventually find his father! Or to make Henry's appearance happen sooner Henry could have only found a clue. Then when Indy find's Henry the race picks up to a dramatic conclusion full of traps, chases and action!
Col. Detritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:09 AM   #32
Peru1936
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Detritch
And now Indy is on a race to uncover the secrets and eventually find his father! Or to make Henry's appearance happen sooner Henry could have only found a clue. Then when Indy find's Henry the race picks up to a dramatic conclusion full of traps, chases and action!

I'm afraid that's a rehash of Crusade.

I think any talk of bringing back Connery is purely for nostalgic reasons. There's really no need to bring back Senior. I'd much prefer to see Sallah again. Even Short Round would be more welcomed than Senior.

I do prefer the prequel idea though because I'm not interested in seeing Indy and Marion with their son on a big adventure. Sounds like Mummy Returns, set twenty years later.

If Indy V is to be done, it needs to just get back to basics.

Last edited by Peru1936 : 10-29-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Peru1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #33
Johnny Nys
IndyFan

Legend has it that somewhere on earth is a gateway to another realm, a higher plane of existence where memories of the dead can take on physical shapes, a sort of virtual graveyard where you can actually see the deceased and ask for their guidance.

Oh wait, that was Final Fantasy 10 ...
Johnny Nys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #34
Team Indy
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Nys
Legend has it that somewhere on earth is a gateway to another realm, a higher plane of existence where memories of the dead can take on physical shapes, a sort of virtual graveyard where you can actually see the deceased and ask for their guidance.

Oh wait, that was Final Fantasy 10 ...

That was funny.

My idea is this, presuming that Sean Connery will come back. Sean Connery will strip naked and everyone will die from his sexiness.

Yes, this was a joke, but it'd make a great parody movie.
Team Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #35
EddyW
IndyFan

A whole movie no less! I suspect you're one of the Wayans bro's..
EddyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #36
indyt
IndyFan

Elisha bones brought a dead person back to life
indyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #37
Dr Bones
IndyFan

Maybe like someone said, a prologue at the start of the film set prior to the 50's where we could even see Henry Snr's death?

However, Mr Connery has go too old and too grumpy and is far too busy playing golf etc.

I think he won't be back for this or any other role.
Dr Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #38
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

As much as I love Henry Sr., I think the series should move on.

We don't need him to have a good Indy movie. He's dead, that's that.

Plus I'm not a big fan when movies throw in little nods to the previous ones.

I always joke with my friend when there's the cameo of the ark in KOTCS.

"Hey, Remember RotLA? Huh? Do you? Can you believe when went from that to this?"
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #39
Doctor_B
IndyFan

I think there is a lot of dramatic possibility in a story line where Indy searches for and discovers the mythical Fountain of Youth.

I think what Fincher and his crew was able to do with making Pitt both younger and creating a completely computer generated older Pitt in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button suggests that the technology and know-how is there to believably turn the clock backwards or forwards with a very recognizable actor.
Doctor_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #40
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

The Foutain of Youth is a great artifact but is a little to similar to the Grail power wise. Though everlasting life and eternal youth are not the same they are very similar- living forever!
Old 12-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #41
Moedred
Administrator

Heh, hadn't seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to7qjmDUVRI
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:59 AM   #42
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

Hey that was entertaining!
P.S. Sean looks so cool with a moustache!

Though Henry was an awsome character he isn't needed anymore- he died- sliped on a bar of soap! Lets look forward to new secondary character in Indy V or Salah !
Old 08-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #43
misnomer
IndyFan

I remember hearing a quote where connery said "i'd love to do indy 4 if the script is good"

As we all know, the script wasn't good, and so connery stayed retired. Seemed to be the smart move.

I'd like an Indy V, really to undo the damage of the fourth.
misnomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:33 AM   #44
EddyW
IndyFan

Ever since this bermuda triangle rumour I've been thinking, let's say it's true, wouldn't it be a great device to bring back Sean? In KOTCS they never mention how he died, so he could also have been presumed dead when in reality he's just lost in the Bermuda triangle. Henry Sr shows up again and Indy, Henry and Mutt could continue from there. I think I'd love something like that, but that's because I really liked Mutt as a character in Indy 4.
EddyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #45
chicago103
IndyFan

Sean Connery could easily pull it off if he wanted to, today is his 80th birthday but the character of Henry Jones Sr. would be even older, probably approaching 90.
chicago103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #46
Major Eaton
IndyFan

I've tried to warm up to this idea but I think it's a bit much. I don't think he will be satisfied with a script in the future. Plus, as chicago103 pointed out, the age factor is too great unless it's a prequel. And who knows how he feels about prequels as it relates to Indiana Jones. IMO, it'll take a miracle for him to sign on to a future Indy. I hope I'm wrong though.
Major Eaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #47
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

Well, since Connery has confirmed that he really has no interest in returning to acting today, I guess we'll not see Connery for Indy 5.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...s-over_1161836
Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #48
San Holo
IndyFan

Bringing Henry back is easy peasy-I think it could work very well if his plane/ship went down in the Amazon or Burmuda Triangle..or he is Lost at Sea-and he is presumed dead, but living on a deserted island or deep in the heart of the jungle. He is tied somehow to the McGuffin(maybe he chose to protect it like the Grail Knight) Indy and Mutt could find him along the way to Fortune and Glory. It wouldn't take much to make a kick@$$ story with Connery back in the game
San Holo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:54 AM   #49
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Eye
Well, since Connery has confirmed that he really has no interest in returning to acting today, I guess we'll not see Connery for Indy 5.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...s-over_1161836

He's been pretty adamant about not returning to acting, though he did have this to say:

Quote:
However he named 'Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade' as his most enjoyable film to make.

He explained: "I was working with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas. The teamwork was special. It was a great adventure and Harrison Ford and Denholm Elliot were wonderful actors. I had so much fun."

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Holo
Bringing Henry back is easy peasy-I think it could work very well if his plane/ship went down in the Amazon or Burmuda Triangle..or he is Lost at Sea-and he is presumed dead, but living on a deserted island or deep in the heart of the jungle. He is tied somehow to the McGuffin(maybe he chose to protect it like the Grail Knight) Indy and Mutt could find him along the way to Fortune and Glory. It wouldn't take much to make a kick@$$ story with Connery back in the game

I don't think there's much hope, unless it's a cameo. When Charlton Heston refused to be in Beneath the Planet of the Apes, the producers finally convinced him to take a small role, because they desperately needed him to be a part of it. He agreed, and the role became bigger than a cameo. I don't think we can even hope for this from Connery - for years he's told us that he's done with acting.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #50
chicago103
IndyFan

It seems that Sean Connery is going the way that Cary Grant did, retiring from acting after a long and distingushed career and never to return again. Then again Sean Connery made the movie "Never Say Never Again", maybe that's a glimer of hope .

I found it interesting in the article where he says he looks forward to doing "voiceover work" in the future having recently done one for an animated film.

This makes me wonder if Sean Connery would be open to being in Indy5 as just the voice of Henry Sr.'s ghost or at least what could be one interpretation as such via the supernatural McGuffin. Perhaps the McGuffin made him immortal and he is like Dave Bowman in the movies 2001/2010 of space odyssey fame. He is presumed dead because years ago he went missing looking for the McGuffin and was presumed dead because of his age. When Indy and company encounters Henry Sr.'s voice his body is never shown and thus they and the audience are left to wonder did the McGuffin make him some kind of disembodied immortal or is this his eternal soul, etc. Kind of like how the other supernatural stuff in Indy movies is usually open to an individual's interpretation whether it be via one's own religious beliefs or worldview.
chicago103 is offline   Reply With Quote