Raiders: The Adaptation Screenings

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I've always wanted to see this and have never had the chance since it has never been screened in my part of Australia (I believe it has been screened in Sydney which is like 1000 k's from where I am, but am not 100% on whether it did screen).

I did see an interview with them on "Enough Rope" with Andrew Denton a couple of years back and saw bits and pieces, and it looked pretty cool.

CinemaBoy

Raiders Adaptation in the UK !

Wow, has anyone seen the latest on this years screenings ? Raiders guys are finally coming to the UK (y)

Check out this link

www.myvue.com/raiders

I brought my pair this morning - looks to be a great night. I've been dying to see this fan film since i was small. Any one else from the UK excited as I am?

Fortune & glory indeed !

The Man

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='isStandAlone=true&highRes_ID=2800635&lowRes_ID=2800633&object_ID=14334309&downloadURL=http://moviesmovies.ign.com/movies/video/article/967/967086/raiders_adap_trlr_022709_flvlow.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>​

Rhys135

CinemaBoy said:
Wow, has anyone seen the latest on this years screenings ? Raiders guys are finally coming to the UK (y)

Check out this link

www.myvue.com/raiders

I brought my pair this morning - looks to be a great night. I've been dying to see this fan film since i was small. Any one else from the UK excited as I am?

Fortune & glory indeed !

Would love to go, but I've got no one to go with and even though I've been in London on my own twice, I'm not famillar with that area and don't like being alone at night there. If only there was a UK gang off here going, I could go with em' :rolleyes:

Enjoy, and do report back!

Stoo

CinemaBoy said:
I've been dying to see this fan film since i was small.
When did you 1st hear about it? I thought it only came to light about 7 years ago. Have a great time!

Rhys135 said:
Would love to go, but I've got no one to go with and even though I've been in London on my own twice, I'm not famillar with that area and don't like being alone at night there. If only there was a UK gang off here going, I could go with em'
It's Leicester Square. I know that area, have been there at night and didn't see that much to be worried about. Dang, I wish I knew about this sooner because it's only 5 days away and I won't be able to make it! It's such a short flight from Geneva to London and I fear I'll NEVER get to see this!:mad: I would have joined you, Rhys!

When news of "Adaptation" surfaced, I read a great article about its making and one of my favourite anecdotes was about creating the boulder. They started it in a bedroom using papier-maché and when it was completed, it was so large they couldn't get it out of the room! Bwaahaha!:D

P.S. If Colonel Musgrov a.k.a. director, Eric Zala, is reading this, I know one of the organizers for Montreal's Fantasia Film Festival and would gladly put you in guys in touch if you ever plan to bring your film to The Great White North. PLEASE! I AM BEGGING YOU!:hat::whip:

Colonel Musgrov

We'd love to!

Hey Stoo! Thanks for the invite to the Great White North! Chris and I would love to do a screening in Montreal. To put us in touch with the organizers of for Montreal's Fantasia Film Festival, please just have them drop us a line at raidersadaptation@earthlink.net

Hope it works out!
-Eric Zala

pellman

Online file sharing. Probably not legal, but I didn't ask. Anyway, I'm not sharing. (i wouldn't even know how.) Except for the couple of youtube vids I made, which are tributes and my way of saying, thanks.

If you really want the whole thing yourself, it's not hard to find. The keyword "torrent" might help.

Stoo

Colonel Musgrov said:
Hey Stoo! Thanks for the invite to the Great White North! Chris and I would love to do a screening in Montreal. To put us in touch with the organizers of for Montreal's Fantasia Film Festival, please just have them drop us a line at raidersadaptation@earthlink.net

Hope it works out!
-Eric Zala
Dammit! I spoke to my friend who's one of the organizers and it's a no-go for 2010, unfortunately.:( He said that since the momentum has died they are going to pass "for the time being". I should have thought of this *last* year!:mad: Sorry, Eric. Anway, not all hope is lost for the future...

Moedred said:
Meet the Adaptation guys this weekend at a Seattle film fest screening...
http://www.siff.net/cinema/seriesDetail.aspx?FID=231

It's a double feature, with Raiders! Neither site I saw mentioned they would be there though...

Rocket Surgeon said:
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Friday February 18
Saturday February 19
7:00pm

SIFF Cinema
321 Mercer St.
Seattle, WA 98109

hdr_theater_mccaw.jpg

Double feature with Raiders of the Lost Ark: the Adaptation
Daily from Fri., February 18 until Sun., February 20

Raiders Of The Lost Ark:The Adaptation Screenings

Thursday, June 16 7:30p

Cinema Arts Centre, Huntington, NY

Price: $12 - $16

Phone: (631) 423-7611

In Person: Chris Strompolos (Indiana Jones) and Eric Zala (Belloq)

3484992875_362918a714.jpg

It's 1981. Raiders of the Lost Ark hits the big screen. Particularly impressed are three highly motivated twelve-year olds who conceive a shot-for-shot remake of Raiders, stunts and all. It would take them seven years. So how do you make a Hollywood film on an allowance? Boy Scout uniforms become Nazi costumes, and Mom's basement transforms into a Tibetan tavern(which nearly burns down). The boys' enthusiasm is a joy to behold, but part of the fun is watching them hit puberty. Voices change, actors appear short in one scene, tall the next. The actor playing Indy even shared his first-ever kiss on-screen with Marion! Raiders: The Adaptation is unavailable on DVD and has screened publicly in only a handful of venues. After a tour of Skywalker Ranch and a meeting with Steven Spielberg, the boys (who are now in their late 30s) sold their life story to Paramount Pictures \& producer Scott Rudin (The Social Network). Oscarnominated screenwriter Daniel Clowes (Ghost World) completed the script as a potential project for director Terry Zwigoff (Bad Santa).

Produced and Curated by Alan Hofmanis for Cinema Arts Centre

Last edited:
Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation to Screen at Northside's DIY Filmmaking Competition

The longest line I have ever seen in New York City was the line outside of Anthology Film Archives for a Friday night screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation, a scene-for-scene video remake of the quintessential VHS blockbuster made by three friends in Mississippi, over the course of most of the 1980s and their entire adolescences, complete with jerry-rigged boulders, bullwhips and Nazis.

We're proud to announce that this quintessential DIY film will screen at UnionDocs on June 17, as a curated feature during the course of Northside's DIY Film Festival, during which a lineup of new NYC filmmakers will compete for a July screening at Rooftop Films, support for their next film courtesy DCTV, as well as passes to IFP's Independent Film Week in September, which just announced a new home at Lincoln Center.

We're also pleased to announce some additions to the DIY Film Festival's jury (previously announced: Rosie Perez, Ted Hope, Todd P).

Patricia Swinney Kaufman, Executive Director of the New York State Governor's Office for Motion Picture and Televisiocn Development, and the wife and muse of Lloyd Kaufman, founder of Troma Entertainment.

Rajendra Roy, the Chief Curator of Film at the MoMA.

Stay tuned for a complete DIY Film Festival schedule, and for a lineup of Northside's curated screenings?by the likes of IFC Films, BAM, indiewire and many more?at indieScreen.

Everything Is Festival, Los Angeles

Everything Is Festival, which begins Thursday night and runs through Monday at the Cinefamily at the Silent Movie Theater.

Presented by Cinefamily and the group of "video alchemists" known as Everything Is Terrible, the mix of programs -- 19 events in five days -- includes three feature films, found footage presentations, animation, a panel discussion, a keynote address, and some events that rather defy description. Numerous events will be streamed online during the festival, now in its second year.

The festival exists at an unusual intersection among film and video, the alternative comedy scene and found footage culture, and that sense of strange uncertainty -- the "What the what was that?" sensation that many of the programs inspire -- is in no small part the point.

"The festival is all the stuff where we don't know where to put it," said Dimitri Simakis, a member of Everything Is Terrible and co-director of the festival.

Sunday highlights include a screening of "Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation," the well-known years-in-the-making amateur teenage redo of the famous Steven Spielberg film.

6a00d8341c630a53ef01538f8cb2c9970b-pi

State Theatre New Brunswick, NJ

State Theatre
15 Livingston Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901

Raiders of the Lost Ark: The AdaptationFilm Screening/Onstage Conversation/Q&A

Friday, August 26, 2011 at 8:00 PM
Tickets: P $20.00; A $20.00; B $20.00; C $20.00

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK: THE ADAPTATION

with Special Guests: Director Eric Zala & Actor Chris Strompolos

Film Screening/Onstage Conversation/Q&A
Co-presented by Alex Dawson / The Raconteur and State Theatre.

1066082_300.jpg

What: Showing of the 100-minute film, “Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation,” shot on the Coast in the 1980s; has become a favorite of film festivals around the world.

Where: University of Southern Mississippi, Long Beach Campus FEC Auditorium, fundraiser for nursing students.

When: 7 p.m., Sept. 9, one night only.

Joe Brody

Anyone know the status of the Paramount project? I did a search and couldn't find anything. Did Super 8 impact this film's chances?