Spaceballs

LASTCRUSADER

Deadlock said:
I think LASTCRUSADER is another victim of the Raven's recent technical difficulties...

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7036

It must be. I was wondering what happened my post too. Anyways here it is.

Coming soon and Ain't it cool news is repoting that Mel Brooks is writing another Spaceballs movie. I loved the first one and I think it could be alot of fun to see a sequel. What do you all think?

"Mel Brooks Writing Spaceballs Sequel
Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News September 28, 2004

In a Q&A with Playbill magazine, Mel Brooks says that he's currently working on a Spaceballs sequel. Here's the clip from the interview which starts off by talking about the big screen adaptation of The Producers.

Playbill: Will you have a role in it?

MB: It's doubtful, but I'm writing myself back into the Spaceballs sequel that I'm now writing, so you haven't seen the last of my face. Why another Spaceballs? It wouldn't feel right have anyone else play Yoghurt and the first one was the best experience I've had making a movie since Blazing Saddles.

Playbill: When can we expect that?

MB: Best case scenario: a week before the new Star Wars opens. Worst Case Scenario: a year after the new star wars opens.

Stay tuned for more news on this as it comes. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith will be released in theaters on May 19."

Raffey

It's interesting how Mel Brooks can get this accomplished.

I remember reading within the last couple days that Lucasfilm Ltd had just issued a cease and desist order to another production company for parodying Star Wars.

HovitosKing

Spaceballs was great. Spaceballs II may or may not be. Since it'll probably be making use of the new Star Wars episodes' material, it may not be as good since they all suck.

However, if it is made, it better be titled "Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money".

intergamer

but Spaceballs 1 is definitely a classic. The sequel would be Spaceballs 2: The search for more money (see spaceballs 1), but Mel once said that a sequel (prequel?) would be called instead "Spaceballs 3: The search for Spaceballs 2"

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I'm not sure if a sequel/ prequel to 'Spaceballs' is such a good idea..
? but if they'll make one, I'll watch it anyways. :p

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
You're right? things will not be the same without him? :(

Although - if they base it on the Star Wars prequels ? they'll most likely have different characters, anyhow.

Garfoot

Spaceballs the cartoon (G4 network)

Wow, did anyone else know about the spaceballs cartoon? Loved the movie, seems odd that after all these years a cartoon would arise?

I would have never known about this if I did not get the latest issue of TOYFARE magazine. I will TIVO a couple to see if they are any good.

Don't see this lasting long, but heck, if spaceballs can do it, why not an animated INDY?:dead:

Goonie

I heard about this awhile back but didn't realize it was out already. I wonder when we'll get a Blazing Saddles animated series:rolleyes: . "Now for my next impression, Jesse Owens!" *takes off running*

Garfoot

I can see the "Blazing Saddles" talking action figure already.
"Excuse me while I whip this out".

It would be cool to get "Spaceballs" action figures though.
I would like a "Yogurt, just plain Yogurt" action figure. Maybe even a "Barf" action figure. But the best would be the flying Winna-beg-o!!!!

"I see that your Swartz is as big as mine"

Lucas would never allow these to be made.

Don't forget about "Spaceballs the flamethrower". Great holiday fun for all the kiddies.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Garfoot

Watched my first episode tonight. Reminds me of something you might find on Adult Swim. Can't see it lasting very long. At least the actress Daphine Zuniga
( if I spelled that right) has found work again. Mel Brooks and Joan Rivers also voice the characters they portrayed.

If you're up at 11:30 p.m. with nothing to watch, I guess it will entertain you for a few minutes.

ALL HAIL PRESIDENT SCRUBE. :whip: