Indiana Jones vs Rick O'Connell

indy34

I have the answer!:p
If the movie were titled the mummy O'Connell would win but if the movie were titled Indiana Jones Indy would win because they cant kill of the main character:p

Indy'd kick the crap out of Rick, I mean come one, Indy's been through way more death defying antics then Mummy boy.. Indy's been through the first world war too, except on every battlefront, theres no way Indy would lose, I also can't believe all you Raveners are going for Mummy boy.

jamesdude

This doesnt have to be a fight to the death you guys, im just wondering who is the better man between the two.

Indy could probably whoop Imotep and the Dragon Emporer's arse any time

Vance

Thing to remember is that O'Connell is pretty much all soldier as far as his adventuring style goes. He's not particularly adept at traps (other than tripping them), or achealogy.. he's pretty much the 'two guns, two fists' archetype with a smidgeon of the 'Han Solo' style rogue in him, but not a whole lot. (His wife and brother-in-law cover those angles).

Indiana Jones, on the other hand, is more rounded, and has a lot more 'scholar' to him, as well a heavier bit o' rogue in his nature. He does ALONE what Rick's GROUP typically does. He's not as good as a gunner/brawler as Rick, not as good at the glyphs as Evie, and not the rogue that Jonathan is.

Indy~Annie

Jeremiah Jones said:
Indy'd kick the crap out of Rick, I mean come one, Indy's been through way more death defying antics then Mummy boy.. Indy's been through the first world war too, except on every battlefront, theres no way Indy would lose, I also can't believe all you Raveners are going for Mummy boy.

""claps and cheers for Jeremiah Jones"".:D

Twilightpro101

Vance said:
Thing to remember is that O'Connell is pretty much all soldier as far as his adventuring style goes. He's not particularly adept at traps (other than tripping them), or achealogy.. he's pretty much the 'two guns, two fists' archetype with a smidgeon of the 'Han Solo' style rogue in him, but not a whole lot. (His wife and brother-in-law cover those angles).

Indiana Jones, on the other hand, is more rounded, and has a lot more 'scholar' to him, as well a heavier bit o' rogue in his nature. He does ALONE what Rick's GROUP typically does. He's not as good as a gunner/brawler as Rick, not as good at the glyphs as Evie, and not the rogue that Jonathan is.

Well reasoned :)

Saber79

I think they both have their merits as far as fighting goes...and should a battle take place, I think it will be a long-drawn fight, similar to Rowdy Roddy Piper's street brawl in "They Live", with momentum swaying to each side all the time.

I do think though that the street-wise, battle-weary professor will outsmart and outlast the battle-weary soldier. O'Connell, although a cool character, seems to be lacking in intelligence a little bit, where as Indy will outsmart him.

I also think that once Indy gets fully "pissed", like in ToD on the conveyor belt, we see an almost animal rage take over him. I think that may be the deciding factor.

Indy (y) O'Connell (n)

Raiders90

Bump.

We have to remember, Indy is an ex-soldier too. A WWI combat veteran, whereas O'Connell, as far as we know, was only a soldier for hire in French Foreign Legion. Indy even himself worked for the French Foreign Legion, briefly, as a spy during WWI.

indyclone25

well i like both heros , but in my opinion indy could take ricks butt----( hmmm thats doesnt sound right ) --- could take rick in a fight , as to kicking the butt of a mummy indy would be able to research what was needed to destroy the mummy and then move on to the next artifact that he was looking for , so yes both heros have it rough and tumble attitudes --- if you think about it they really wouldnt go to blows because evie would already know who indiana jones was and wouldnt let them fight, knowing that he would be a help more than anything else . unless indy made a move on evie. ah well til dark horse comics makes a indiana jones /mummy crossover :D