TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: What Indy jacket do you own?
Wested 35 55.56%
Todd's Costumes 11 17.46%
Steele and Jones 4 6.35%
Bill Kelso 0 0%
Other (post about it below) 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 02:25 AM   #601
dakota
IndyFan

I have emailed Wested re the stock Skyfall and they have confirmed that their measurements are pretty much the same as my Skyfall jacket.

However, one, the price seems to have gone up to 199 in the past few days where as the custom made is still at 210 so for an extra 10, this now looks the best option with the choice of available hides.

I did ask about the current shade of shrunken lamb to get an idea of colour (i emailed Wested the photos in this thread hope you guys don't mind) and they confirmed that the shade is now a much lighter brown than Drones jacket which for me probably won't suit.

Wested did mention that if I want a dark brown I would be best with the washed lamb but this isn't option on the custom order page so would need to confirm that this can be used.

Other than that, I would probably need to go with the dark brown lambskin but my only concern would be that the hide is quite shiny with not much character, would anybody be able to comment on this if they had used this hide previously.

Any advice would be great.
dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:20 AM   #602
Major West
IndyFan

The authentic brown lambskin is generally quite smooth and shiny and new looking. Would need to be weathered in unless you want the jacket to look shiny and new.

The washed lamb is darker and bit more matt looking. Good for Indiana Jones and an A2 jacket, it might be good here.
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote