Official Indiana Jones fedora questions.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
EDIT: This post was hacked by some idiot, sorry.

Last edited:
Well you can get one at Disney for around $50US. It has Indiana Jones written on the inside and a small pin on the outside that says Indiana Jones. I'd say it has to be licensed. I like mine, though I don't wear it very often.

Vlad Dracula

Edward The Head said:
Well you can get one at Disney for around $50US. It has Indiana Jones written on the inside and a small pin on the outside that says Indiana Jones. I'd say it has to be licensed. I like mine, though I don't wear it very often.

Thanks for the info. I've seen those Fedoras on ebay. I was wondering where they came from.

son of Indy

Try Baron Hats

Baron Hats, in Burbank, California, makes the fedora Ford wore in TOD. They still use the same blocks, and make top-quality hats. I am currently finishing a video for them, done as a kind of fan film, intended for use in their expansion prospectus to whet the appetite of potential investors.

Their web address is www.baronhats.com

You can see some stills of me in the hat (and the adventure) at my blog site...
http://zeebya.blogspot.com/

Check it out!

Webley

son of Indy said:
Baron Hats, in Burbank, California, makes the fedora Ford wore in TOD. They still use the same blocks,
Does the TOD fedora from Baron Hats have a little more tapper to them than the fedora Ford wore in ROTLA?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Actually from what I've heard they used a couple of hatmakers in ToD, including Baron, Stetson and Herbert Johnson. The ToD hat is a bit more tapered than the Raiders one.

qwerty

Use steam to soften the felt. Ordinary kettle will do just fine.
Stiffener in the felt losses it's strenght when steamed. So carefully steam part of the hat you want to reshape and then make it to any shape you want.
Do not let the steam inside of the hat. It can damage the lining or even the headband.
Try not to make finger marks while reshaping the hat. It is very ugly to see a fedora with little bumps that you just know were made during reshaping.
Effect of steam is very short. You will have only couple of seconds before hat becomes stiff again.
It is very easy process. Once you do it stand in front of the mirror with your hat on and see weather you like what you made. If there is some part you do not like it is no problem steaming it again and reshaping it the way you want.
Raiders fedora has that very recognizable pinch in front. If that is what you want first make sure that your hat has a big crown. If it is not too tall than avoid that look.
Your fedora does not have too look like Indy's. That can be your starting point in searching for your own taste.

"Your fedora does not have too look like Indy's"
Even Indy's fedora changes from shot to shot.....

Besides... why just copy when you can easily be original?

San Holo

Vlad Dracula said:
What companies make officially licensed Indy fedoras and which are the best?
If you want an exact replica of Indy's hat-buy yourself an Adventurebilt fedora. Hands down the best in the business.

Tennessee R

Vlad Dracula:

This is very, very bad!!! You used the word 'Official' in a thread name.

Thread Closed.

I'm just kidding. In the rules, it says not to use official such as it might look like the forum supports it. Just had to put that little piece in there, to let the moderators know that I know my rules. ;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Gilles V said:
Official Threads:
It seems some people have an urge to label any thread they make as Official. At The Raven, no thread is official unless sanctioned by the Moderators. We will remove the word from any thread that we didn't approve as being official.

This thread isn't official, it has questions about an official product. No change.

Indy Lee

As someone said earlier, MANY MANY hats were used in the Temple of Doom....and some of them were in fact Herbert Johnson hats. Stetson claims to have a hat in there someplace as well. Watch the film...his hat is constantly changing, from the color, to the crown height, to the front bashes...I have a book that came out around the time the film was released...and just by looking at the photos you can see all the different hats.