Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-20-2016, 03:44 PM   #551
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBuff
The more I play it the more I like it. Even moderate difficulty is pretty punishing by the time you reach waves 40 and 50 but it's satisfying to team up and overcome it.

If anyone's interested in teaming up let me know and we'll find a time to play.

Yeah I would be interested! Private message me your PSN id!

But yeah, I was very glad when I finally got to (I forgot what level) and my starting health boosted up. Only thing I hate is when you get killed and the team mates start running off who knows where on the other side of the map.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:28 PM   #552
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
Yeah I would be interested! Private message me your PSN id!

But yeah, I was very glad when I finally got to (I forgot what level) and my starting health boosted up. Only thing I hate is when you get killed and the team mates start running off who knows where on the other side of the map.

Boosting up feels good and really helps when you get to the harder difficulties. If you or anyone else wants to add me my PSN is U2_Vertigo40.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:16 PM   #553
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Boosting up feels good and really helps when you get to the harder difficulties. If you or anyone else wants to add me my PSN is U2_Vertigo40.

Mine is 'SickleClaw' if anyone wants to add me. I'll add you soon.

Also I found that I could put boosters on, and that really helped. For instance making my health a bit more, or taking one less punch to melee someone (helps a LOT in Siege battles).
Old 12-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #554
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Mine is 'SickleClaw' if anyone wants to add me. I'll add you soon.

Also I found that I could put boosters on, and that really helped. For instance making my health a bit more, or taking one less punch to melee someone (helps a LOT in Siege battles).

Yeah, the boosters are definitely a big part of a successful run. Once you find a combination that works for you and you get on a good team it can be really fun. I stayed up late playing with a group that was phenomenal and we managed to plow through Stages 2-10 on Hard in about 90 minutes. Unfortunately we missed a three-star ranking on 9 and 10 by just a few minutes.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:58 PM   #555
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Yeah, the boosters are definitely a big part of a successful run. Once you find a combination that works for you and you get on a good team it can be really fun. I stayed up late playing with a group that was phenomenal and we managed to plow through Stages 2-10 on Hard in about 90 minutes. Unfortunately we missed a three-star ranking on 9 and 10 by just a few minutes.
yeah I know what you mean. Sometimes the team...just isn't there. I was fighting a warlord and three guys on the team, and we kept dying with him at the halfway mark. I haven't got anywhere near the three stars yet but I'm going to keep practicing.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:49 AM   #556
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
yeah I know what you mean. Sometimes the team...just isn't there. I was fighting a warlord and three guys on the team, and we kept dying with him at the halfway mark. I haven't got anywhere near the three stars yet but I'm going to keep practicing.

That's one reason why I'm hoping to play with people I know or at least are dedicated. The teams are so random and it's frustrating to play for two hours and go through one bad team after another. So many people just seem to run around aimlessly with no clue what to do.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:17 AM   #557
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
That's one reason why I'm hoping to play with people I know or at least are dedicated. The teams are so random and it's frustrating to play for two hours and go through one bad team after another. So many people just seem to run around aimlessly with no clue what to do.
I strongly dislike leaving any team...however sometimes they give me no choice. Such as when the team completely and utterly fails to follow directions. As when its siege mode, the team thinks its survival mode and runs all over the map. And when its treasure hunt, the team thinks its siege mode and I'm forced to die over and over again as the team gets frustrated trying to hold one place and wondering why the horde isn't thinning out.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:51 AM   #558
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
I strongly dislike leaving any team...however sometimes they give me no choice. Such as when the team completely and utterly fails to follow directions. As when its siege mode, the team thinks its survival mode and runs all over the map. And when its treasure hunt, the team thinks its siege mode and I'm forced to die over and over again as the team gets frustrated trying to hold one place and wondering why the horde isn't thinning out.

I totally get that. It's one thing if they're relatively new but after a while it's baffling how some of them still seem completely clueless.

That's one thing I enjoy about playing on Hard. It tends to weed out the weaker players pretty quickly because there's not much room for error. It's tough but once you know what to do a good team can blast through it pretty quickly.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:15 AM   #559
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Game Informer has released their April cover featuring Uncharted: The Lost Legacy! And aside from Chloe's face it's a pretty good cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Informer
For nearly a decade now, we’ve experienced high stakes, adrenaline-fueled adventures from Nathan Drake’s perspective. With his story wrapped up, Naughty Dog is focusing on a fresh thief in a new standalone expansion out this year: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Stepping out of the shadows and into her own adventure is fan-favorite Chloe Frazer. The Lost Legacy delves into Chloe’s backstory and heritage, sending her to the mountains of India, all in the name of the highly valuable Tusk of Ganesh. The treasure could give her the fame and recognition she’s been seeking.

However, Chloe can’t do it alone. She must make an unlikely alliance with Nadine Ross, the Drake brothers’ adversary from Uncharted 4. Chloe and Nadine are both independent self-preservationists, making their coalition challenging. Can the two put their differences aside long enough to come out on top? Together they scale statues, visit temples, drive through gunfire, and get up close and personal with a dangerous villain also after their mark.

The Lost Legacy hub can be found over here for those interested. Another update will follow later today (the 8th), and then continue throughout the month culminating, I imagine, in a release date. Or if we're really lucky, the game will come out at the end of the month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
"This is the single largest level we've ever done in Uncharted," designer James Cooper said to Game Informer of the Western Ghats, one of the two locations GI demoed, noting that it's larger than Uncharted 4's Madagascar level.

Chloe will record findings about the environments she and Nadine explore on her phone, as she was seen using in the game's reveal at PSX. The jeep Chloe drove in GI's demo also featured a winch, as did vehicles in Uncharted 4, and the development team is taking feedback from the last game, including more puzzles but less crates to help companion characters navigate the world.

The Lost Legacy will also introduce a lockpicking minigame, while Game Director Kurt Margenau told GI that The Lost Legacy has the most side content for players to discover, including more collectibles, battle encounters, and special dialogue scenarios.]

IGN has more information over here too.

There's a lot to 'unpack' here, but I don't think I'm in the mood for another "grounded" and "more personal" adventure. I'd be more than happy for Naughty Dog to step very far away from Uncharted.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #560
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I hope The Lost Legacy ends up being good. I loved U4's single player but eventually grew bored with the multiplayer, which has become nothing more than a pay-to-win fest of microtransactions and glitches.