Winstone speaks

AHegele

Thanks for the link. I love Ray. If you guys get a chance check him out in Sexy Beast. He's great in that!

God'sRadio

Ray Winstone interviewed

he says 'The first shot is where I get dragged out of the car and they throw Indy's hat on the floor and all you see is his shadow putting the hat back on and Harrison's voice saying ''Russians." '

Here

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
On his Phantom Menace audition:
"It didn't go well. Had words and that was that. But that's OK. I've worked for George since and he was fine. He didn't remember. Or if he did, he didn't take it to heart. I was up for the Princess' father, or something like that. I was p**sed anyway. I'd been out all night and I turned up and he knew I was wrong for the part as soon as I walked in, but instead of saying that, he relayed the message to me through someone else and I took umbrage at that."
Perfectly in character for a part that didn't exist yet...

Stoo

Moedred said:
Perfectly in character for a part that didn't exist yet...
Quite different from the level-headed, understanding, leather-clad rocker he played in The Who film, "Quadrophenia" (1979).

emtiem

I heard a nice tidbit about him in this film a while ago (might not be true!) that he thought the script was terrible so tried to price himself out of it, but they ended up agreeing to his extreme price, so for that money he couldn't turn it down :D

fedoraboy

I heard a nice tidbit about him in this film a while ago (might not be true!) that he thought the script was terrible so tried to price himself out of it, but they ended up agreeing to his extreme price, so for that money he couldn't turn it down :D
Interesting if that's true, especially when you contrast it with one of the Winstone quotes from the top of this thread...

“Crystal" mixes its action, heartfelt moments and comedy in equal amounts. “They wouldn’t last forever if they just had action,” he explained. “If it all works to plan, which I’m sure it will, it [will have that mix]; it starts off with a gallop, and [the script] just gets quicker and quicker and quicker. It’s one hell of a story, actually.”

A cautionary tale (for Indy 5) that we should take all pre-release praise of a film from those involved with at least a tiny pinch of salt...

Forbidden Eye

A cautionary tale (for Indy 5) that we should take all pre-release praise of a film from those involved with at least a tiny pinch of salt...

That’s true of all movies though, really.

At the end of the day, everyone involved in the movie is a salesperson selling a product.

The Lone Raider

That...sounds a lot like the character he plays, ironically.