Music in Young Indy Locations Video

Flannery10

Hey guys... I was looking at some Young Indiana Jones videos on youtube yesterday, and stumbled across this video that came out a couple of years ago coinciding with the DVD releases of "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones". It shows some of the amazing locations used in Young Indiana Jones, and I really liked the terrific background music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKUmQYgBhRM&feature=fvst

Do any of the experts here, like Stoo and Jeremiah, know by any chance where the music was taken from? Was it a piece composed by Laurence Rosenthal or Joel McNeely for the series or is it from an outside source? I would really like to know.

Hope everyone is doing well by the way and having a great summer!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It looks as though it's "Land of Dreams," by Jane Antonia Cornish, as the youtube link suggests and iTunes corroborates. It's from her album Fantasy, released in 2005.

Now, that isn't to say she hasn't been compared to John Williams...

Gary Dalkin said:
GD: Having heard the score now I can certainly say that it is as you describe an epic orchestral score, very much in the Hollywood mainstream, perhaps for sake of reference somewhere in the tradition of John Williams? more family orientated films such as Hook, Home Alone and Harry Potter. The melodies are bold, strong and emotional and the orchestrations are very colourful and rich.

Flannery10

Attila the Professor said:
It looks as though it's "Land of Dreams," by Jane Antonia Cornish, as the youtube link suggests and iTunes corroborates. It's from her album Fantasy, released in 2005.

Now, that isn't to say she hasn't been compared to John Williams...

Thank you very much Attila, I didn't even notice that. But I'm just glad I finally found the piece. It really does sound like it could have come from the great John Williams.