Indy Halloween costumes

No Ticket

Inbanana said:
I don't know who this guy is... but he's gold.
888868-large.jpg

You'd think if they wanted to advertise that costume, they'd get a guy who at least somewhat looks like it would uhhh "fit" him ya know?

Nurhachi1991

I bought the 4 foot foam whip today at TRU for a buck it is really lame looking but it's for a halloween party and I'm not brining my nive whip.

caats

Nurhachi1991 said:
I bought the 4 foot foam whip today at TRU for a buck it is really lame looking but it's for a halloween party and I'm not brining my nive whip.

i need a cheap whip so i might go there too.

indyclone25

over at indianajonescostumes.com the young childs mutt costumes are finally on sale for 4.99 for regular mutt and 6.99 for the deluxe mutt --- just figured i let you know -- oh by the way --- if you want it by halloween it cost 27.00 for shipping --- yeesh

Nurhachi1991

I'm about to leave to school dressed as the ROTLA Indy.......... If I get in a fight today at least I will have full Indy gear on (y)

Lambonius

I'm sitting here at school in my office in full Indy gear as well, and it rules. Nothing beats coming to school/work dressed as Indy; makes the day much more entertaining, and the compliments have been fantastic so far!

EvilDevo

So, I wore my makeshift Indiana Jones costume to work today... and the weather anchor demanded I be on TV at some point in the late newscast. (I work at CTV)

Moral of the story is: Indiana Jones assists in a weather forecast on CTV News Regina at 11:30 Central time tonight.

The Magic Rat

Well, my Indy costume kicked major butt and I got oodles of compliments during the day. I only had one trick or treater come dressed as Indy, but he got a nice bonus ;) . I had more action figures to hand out to those little Indys, but only one left my possession. Well, more for me I guess!:D

Oh, I came for the Indy costumes, saw some majorly nice T&A, and I leave happy. Great thread.

QBComics

People rcognized me, no doubt! And I loaded up on candy :).

Great Halloween. (but I lost the bow on my Fedora :( )

Deckard

My friend rocked my Indy Fedora and Shirt to the bar bcuz he didn't have a costume.

He didn't get one compliment. Only 3 people recoginzed him and they all made South Park referances to the rape. I have to say it was pretty horrible and Im glad I wore a Ghostbuster costume instead.

We went to like 12 bars and I didnt see anyone else out of thousands of people dressed as Indy. It was a little heartbreaking that he has been reduced to little more then a rape victim.

Raider S

Wow, bad luck Deckard.

At the last minute (due to a mandatory costume requirement) I threw on an Indy outfit (something I said I'd never do) while my girl dressed as a Russian colonel, and we went out. People loved it and took all kinds of photos of us! Well, maybe they were taking more photos of my companion as she had nothing but a long skin tight leather jacket and a pair of tights...

It really wasn't like a "costume" as everything sort of fell into place. But I goes to show the Indy gear in certainly not meant for warm weather/indoor conditions!

I wore:
Todd's new boots
a regular pair of brown/khaki pants
Todd's brown web belt
Todd's gun belt with Todd's holster and Wadeventure whip holder
my 8' 12 plait whip from Gus Caicedo (which rocks)
Magnoli bag with Wadeventure strap
WPG shirt
Wested washed goat LC style jacket
a DP fedora (not a hat go so won't be getting anything more than that)

But it was the only Indy I noticed. People had a really good response and it was a good line with the girls to tell them they could play with the whip but I wouldn't let them see my gun! :p Oh, we walked into a Blockbuster dressed up and the manager gave us the Indy promo stuf they are going to be taking down soon, so that was cool and a good score.

caats

Deckard said:
My friend rocked my Indy Fedora and Shirt to the bar bcuz he didn't have a costume.

He didn't get one compliment. Only 3 people recoginzed him and they all made South Park referances to the rape. I have to say it was pretty horrible and Im glad I wore a Ghostbuster costume instead.

We went to like 12 bars and I didnt see anyone else out of thousands of people dressed as Indy. It was a little heartbreaking that he has been reduced to little more then a rape victim.

ha. that's depressing. sucks for you, but he hasn't been reduced to a rape victim. i saw loads of Indys, and other people on the street were like "hey indiana jones!"

Deckard

caats said:
ha. that's depressing. sucks for you, but he hasn't been reduced to a rape victim. i saw loads of Indys, and other people on the street were like "hey indiana jones!"

It didnt suck for me I had a full screen accurate Ghostbusters costume on. My friend wore my dorfman fedora and wested shirt and he took all the abuse.

What sucks is that the new younger generation which they wanted to reach and create a new generation of fans, were instead alienated (literally) and now instead assosiate the character with a guy being raped thanks to a more popular show. "It tells me" in the long run the new movie will damage and already has damaged the reputation of Indy in the eyes of pop culture.

Nurhachi1991

I wore My Indy costume and I got alot of compliments no rape victim ones either and the only screen accurate thing I had was my Todds MkVII bag.

caats

Deckard said:
It didnt suck for me I had a full screen accurate Ghostbusters costume on. My friend wore my dorfman fedora and wested shirt and he took all the abuse.

What sucks is that the new younger generation which they wanted to reach and create a new generation of fans, were instead alienated (literally) and now instead assosiate the character with a guy being raped thanks to a more popular show. "It tells me" in the long run the new movie will damage and already has damaged the reputation of Indy in the eyes of pop culture.

i dunno, that's the negative way. the new movie was judged & compared to the old ones, which to some people have been looked at more fondly now. Skull brought in a lot of new kids into Indy. My 11 year old cousin who hadn't really seen any Indy movies loved it. and any kid who hasn't seen the originals have horrible parents. me and my friends always say that when we meet someone who never saw classic movies...bad parenting.

indyclone25

my son and i went trick or treating ( i took him)but i did get some candy , as indy and lots of people loved the costumes , most said best costumes they had seen all day --- not many indys at all , that i saw , but we had fun and we have some pics that i will post soon . if you have pics of you taking the little ones trick or treating or at a party show your pics ---