Crystal Skull "'Final Lock" completed and shipped this Tuesday!!

Dr.HenryJonesJr

According to Johnny...

John Williams that is. :D

Johnny talks about finishing "reel 7" and making the final tweaks this weekend for the final lock and shipping on Tuesday.(for copies to be made)
Not to be in theaters...that's 22 MAY, but they are finishing work on the film this weekend.

It was recorded 3 days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRPxt_QYRJc

Last edited:

Dr.HenryJonesJr

Mutt Williams said:
You should add "score" to the title.

I guess it could be, but I got the impression that the final lock of the film is going out this Tuesday to be replicated for the approximately 12,000 prints that need to be made, not just the score. I'm not sure how long it takes to print 12,000 copies of a film, but 38 days isn't really a whole lot of time. I didn't say it comes into theaters this Tuesday.

Last edited:

Mutt Williams

I remember Revenge of the Sith completed about 2 weeks before release.

And one more thing, how is this spoiling anything?

Dr.HenryJonesJr

Mutt Williams said:
I remember Revenge of the Sith completed about 2 weeks before release.

And one more thing, how is this spoiling anything?

:eek: ...right. Sorry, I got excited. I'd be happy to move the whole thread, if you let me know how, but I think this qualifies as a "juicy tidbit" per the " Guide to posting news items. PLEASE READ BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD! " instructions.

Last edited:

Dr.HenryJonesJr

It just dawned on me too, that if the film is due to be locked this coming Tuesday, then they most likely will have the trailer finished by that time as well right?

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Aahh, so that's what he said. I only understood ......tuesday.......tuesday...tuesday...

Juicy tidbit, HenryJones... refers to something that could actually spoil the surprise while you're watching the film. It's kinda comforting to know though that there are people out there who don't use the word spoiler the way other people talk about their house pets. :)

At this point I'm not quite sure what kind of deadline tuesday really is and if these posts belong in here.

Darth Bork

7 Reels? Really!!!
1 Reel = 20 mins

Times 7 = 140 mins (2hrs 20mins)

Could this be possible?! It'd be great if this is true, and to be honest I'd rather trust John Williams over a film promo leaflet.

The Man

If we haven't had at least word of a trailer in the next seven days, it's smashin' time! I'm all for strategic build-ups, but this is a famine...

-Jones-

I'm guessing the will be flooding the internet with trailers, tv spots, photos, posters after the premiere or just few days before...

I still don't understand this marketing campaign...

I'm sick of Iron Man spots and trailers, but the lack of any new information from Indy's makers brings my pi** to a boil...

The Man

-Jones- said:
I'm guessing the will be flooding the internet with trailers, tv spots, photos, posters after the premiere or just few days before...

I still don't understand this marketing campaign...

I'm sick of Iron Man spots and trailers, but the lack of any new information from Indy's makers brings my pi** to a boil...

Iron Man gets on my nerves! Everyday there's something new...:mad:

Kernunnos

The Man said:
Iron Man gets on my nerves! Everyday there's something new...:mad:

Yeah, and people get absolutely sick of it.

I reckon it'll be a smart move to wait until we're well into May before bombarding the world with Indiana Jones stuff.

The Man

Kernunnos said:
Yeah, and people get absolutely sick of it.

I reckon it'll be a smart move to wait until we're well into May before bombarding the world with Indiana Jones stuff.

Is there any early word on ol' Iron Man? Is it going to be another so-so comic-book adaptation? I know virtually nothing about it, other than it getting on my nerves.

-Jones-

Kernunnos said:

Take that back! Another month without new trailer? You must be jocking... There's little over month to the premiere...

Dr.HenryJonesJr

Darth Bork said:
7 Reels? Really!!!
1 Reel = 20 mins

Times 7 = 140 mins (2hrs 20mins)

Could this be possible?! It'd be great if this is true, and to be honest I'd rather trust John Williams over a film promo leaflet.

I think he means that each reel only holds 20 minutes. So, if the rumor that the movie is 123 minutes long is true, then the 7th reel would only have 3 minutes of Indy footage, not nesscessarily an additional 20 minutes. Plus, I'm not really sure how the trailers fit into that. Perhaps the trailers are on "reel 1" pushing the movie further into "reel 7". Is there a projectionist out there who can explain if the trailers are on a seperate reel on included in "reel 1" of a movie?

torao

Moderator Emeritus
The Man said:
Is there any early word on ol' Iron Man? Is it going to be another so-so comic-book adaptation? I know virtually nothing about it, other than it getting on my nerves.

Iron Man looks pretty damn great. And the buzz is intimidating.

That's my conclusion, at least.