Spalko's swordplay

BlackSleep

StoneTriple said:
But for a person to state matter-of-factly that their interpretation is valid - without knowing the author's intent - comes across as arrogant.

Who has done this? Or are you speaking generally?

Agent Z

Michael24 said:
It took it to be a metal sword being pulled against a magnetized crate. :hat:

Yeah, and I'm usually the one to pour over these innuendos.

I guess part of the problem is that I've seen much more obvious phallic references in films before...including the great one used near the ending of Haute Tension, involving
a lesbian/bisexual villain with a power tool held out from her pelvis towards another woman's head
, that the rapier to the coffin bit in Kingdom seemed more coincidental to me.

nezobiwan

StoneTriple said:
Speaking generally. Someone mentioned a professor they had that told them that. It's a few posts back.
It was I.

I did mention that this theory is especially true if many people have the same reaction.

Since most of the people I know, and quite a few people on this board took the sword joke to be phallic in nature, I'd say the interpretation is valid regardless of whether it was intended that way.

And I also mentioned that this is a practice in literature. But I believe movies are an extension of that medium.

Stoo

BlackSleep said:
yeah i figured it was a.) because she was "excited" by the discovery of the mystery crate and b.) because she was the tough, rugged, manly leader of the Ruskies
Further evidence of her androgynous nature.:p
Agent Spalko said:
Yeah, she is pretty masculine. :D
So, she would be the butch to you as femme?