The Twilight Zone

|ZiR|

Nurhachi1991 said:
Here is where people argue with me...

WHY YES IT IS.

This is my favorite intro the season 1 intro because the music is just great it creates a creepy atmosphere before the show even starts and Rod Serlings narration is chilling I wish they would of kept this intro instead of the more populer one.

See, I think the music and sound effects in the later seasons are so much more effective in setting the mood for the show than that.

The beginning "doo dee, doo dee" piano part makes it for me. Seriously, it's like a tie between this, X-Files, and Unsolved Mysteries for the creepiest theme tunes of my childhood.

Also, the opening from the 80s Twilight Zone, just because.

Inferior but I actually prefer the design for the title font.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah The season 2 and after theme was good it just did not set the tone as well in my opinion.

I hated the 1985 intro and the 2002

The Drifter

I watched this marathon all day yesterday.
The old Twilight Zones are some of my favorite shows. My favorite episode is the one where the guy finds a stop-watch and learns that it freezes time.

Well, he keeps doing this and one day while time is froze and accidently breaks the watch and is stuck for eternity in that frozen nano-second.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah I love that episode but hey that fate would not be so bad frozen people.......... Jessica Alba here I come! lol

nezobiwan

Thought I would put in my two cents.... love the show, love Rod, love the ride at WDW!!!

I saw that fortune telling devil head thingie and some other props (or replicas?) at Hollywood Studios at WDW.

Some of my favorite episodes:
-Obsolete Man
-The one where Robert Redford visits the old lady about to die
-The one with the devil-head fortune telling thing.
-The one with the guy who gets addicted to the slot machine.
-The one where a woman is visted by herself as a child.
-The one where the man steals the wax figures of murders from the museum
-The one with Robert Duval and the miniatures.

Too many too list! I especially like seeing celebs back when they were younger. Two was a fun one for that reason. Nice to see Samantha from Bewitched in a whole new light. :)

On an extra fun note.... the guy who did the Rod Serling voice-over for the Disney rides commented on my husband's blog. Pretty cool. (y)

Nurhachi1991

Wow thats awsome!

Yup all those episodes you listed are classics!

The ride is great to I went to both Disneyland and WDW I like the WDW one better its longer.

|ZiR|

Another episode I've always liked is Jess-Belle. I think it was the FIRST episode I ever saw, or at least the earliest one I remember seeing.

nezobiwan said:
Too many too list! I especially like seeing celebs back when they were younger. Two was a fun one for that reason. Nice to see Samantha from Bewitched in a whole new light. :)

Two rules. It's always been my favorite, right after Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up? Elizabeth Montgomery was really pretty with dark hair. (Charles Bronson wasn't too bad either.)

On an extra fun note.... the guy who did the Rod Serling voice-over for the Disney rides commented on my husband's blog. Pretty cool. (y)

Neat-o! I didn't even know there were Twilight Zone rides. I can't even imagine what they'd be like.

On a sort-of-related note, my current beau can do a rather good impression of Rod Serling. He can also do Marvin the Martian, which he thinks is simply the height of comedy to switch to at very inappropriate times. :dead:

nezobiwan

Nurhachi1991 said:
The ride is great to I went to both Disneyland and WDW I like the WDW one better its longer.
Good glad to hear the WDW one is better.... that's the only one I'd been on. :)

Nurhachi1991

Where can I read the blog? The first half of the voice over was lifeted from the episode " It's a good life" Than it was voiced over by an actor.

I love the episode " Night of the Meek" with the drunk Santa who later becomes Santa it was a really great episode where the outcome was good instead of an ironic twist.

nezobiwan

Nurhachi1991 said:
Where can I read the blog? The first half of the voice over was lifeted from the episode " It's a good life" Than it was voiced over by an actor.

I love the episode " Night of the Meek" with the drunk Santa who later becomes Santa it was a really great episode where the outcome was good instead of an ironic twist.
I linked it in my post but here it is again. http://mikenaretta.wordpress.com/2007/03/22/like-a-virgin/

Mikey was just talking about things that he would love to experience over again and the Twilight Zone ride was on the list. I guess Mark Silverman (voice-over guy) found the entry and decided to comment.

...I know what you mean about the "oh, bummer" endings... The happy eppies are few and far between!

Ooh and I like the one where Dean Stockwell sees war from the other point of view! He looked so weird in that makeup.

Nurhachi1991

Nice Blog! That was really cool

I like the episodes with the cruel twist but only when the person deserves it

like in the episode "Time enough at last" I felt bad for the guy when his glasses broke becasue all he wanted to do was read nothing wrong with that.

Goonie

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - best ride at Disney's California Adventure! I only got a chance to ride it once last year, but man was it fun!

I haven't seen any of the old shows in a while or the more recent incarnations. I did pick up the movie that Spielberg was involved with, even though there is all the controversy surrounding it with the on-set death of Vic Morrow.

nezobiwan

Nurhachi1991 said:
No they all wanted to get out towards the end
Where are we Major!!!!!!!!!
Yars.... I was joking. :p

One episode I can't stand, and they play it constantly, is the one where the astronauts are all confused because they don't know if they're dead or not? Do you know which one I'm talking about?

I DO like the one where Roddy McDowell is the astronaut. That's a cute one.