IESB reveals Blanchett's role

Dr.Sartorius

IESB has confirmed the Indy 4 plot spoilers/rumors that CHUD posted a few days ago. And IESB is also saying Cate Blanchett will be playing some sort of Russian villain. The plot will involve 13 lost crystal skulls.
With all the Indiana Jones news flying around we were feeling a little left out so we decided to share some news that has come across our desk. Spoiler Warning!

First, let?s confirm some details that Crud.com and other sites have posted.

Contacting various sources from different levels of access to this film we can confirm most of the recent news that has hit the web.

The news that Karen Allen would be back as Marion Ravenwood is accurate and truth be told, a few online sites had been sitting on this information for close to a month, no real shocker.

Shia Lebeouf is a teenage motorcycle riding greaser, true.

Shia LeBeouf is the son of Marion Ravenwood and Indiana Jones, true.

Indy doesn?t find out about being a daddy until after he and Shia have been teamed up for a while and during a pivotal scene, true.

Movie takes place in the 50?s, true.

We will see Area 51 and Russian Agents, true.

South American Pyramids/Temples, true.

Crystal Skulls, true (13 skulls to be exact)

The current script is a hybrid of scripts including Frank Darabont?s version, true.

The title of the film is Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods, maybe, it sure is the working title but we have been told the real title may involve something about the 13 crystal skulls.

One major question remains, who?s the villain? Let?s take a look at the villains from the past Indiana Jones films before we blow our load. Spoilers Ahead!

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark we had Dr. Rene Belloq and those pesky Nazis.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom we had Mola Ram and his followers.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade we had Walter Donovan and, again, Nazis.

So who will be a villain in Indy IV? Well kiddies, while most people have been assuming that Cate Blanchett will be Indy?s love interest since the announcement of her addition to the cast, several of our sources have revealed that she will actually be the villain in cahoots with the Ruskies.

Can these details change? We have been told that all major story beats have been locked and only minor changes can be made at this time.

I would stay close to the web during the next upcoming week as I have a feeling that more of Indy?s secrets will be revealed.

No time for love for Dr. Jones this time around! Well at least not with Cate Blanchett.

Stay tuned to the IESB as we bring you the latest news.

http://tinyurl.com/yq7sfl

It certainly seems to have authenticity. Thanks for the link! I hope its just ancient aliens. That could definitely work. I'm wondering how that would play with the clear inference in the earlier movies that the "god" of the major world religions was very real.

Maybe the aliens just tinkered with God's great materpiece to hurry us along some.

I always figured she was a villain. Now we wait and see if she turns on Indy or if she is a villain frrom the beginning like Belloch. I do not think they'd so for the same subplot twice with Indy's love interest betraying him.

and it's good to be back in The Raven!

Papa Jones

"Indy doesn?t find out about being a daddy until after he and Shia have been teamed up for a while and during a pivotal scene, true."

Meh, there's something similar with Superman Returns, I don't really like the idea.

Hidden family members seems to be a Lucas obsession...

-"I am your father!!"

or

-"Yes, Leia, you're my sister..."

Papa Jones said:
"Indy doesn?t find out about being a daddy until after he and Shia have been teamed up for a while and during a pivotal scene, true."

Meh, there's something similar with Superman Returns, I don't really like the idea.

Hidden family members seems to be a Lucas obsession...

-"I am your father!!"

or

-"Yes, Leia, you're my sister..."

Superman is not supposed to have a kid...I think it makes Indy morre interesting. It really depends on the context to which he finds out.

Finn

Staff member
Although these seem more and more valid by the day, we're still waiting for a confirmation from some <i>official</i> source.

I also have two words for you: Blue Harvest.

Dr.Sartorius

What about the car chase and crystal skulls threads? Those have potential spoilers in the titles also...............

Finn

Staff member
Dr.Sartorius said:
What about the car chase and crystal skulls threads? Those have potential spoilers in the titles also...............
Uh... you really consider that a big spoiler if people get to know that an action-packed Indiana Jones movie would have a car chase?

And as far as the Crystal Skulls go, there's not much context in that title.

Don't get cocky, kid.

Batman Begins was shot under the title "Intimidation Game" and the sequel is being shot under the title "Rory's First Kiss". It's just a way to bring less attention to your production. Rumors are rumors until proven true, but so far some fairly reliable movie sites have confirmed CHUD's reports.

Dr.Sartorius

Finn said:
Uh... you really consider that a big spoiler if people get to know that an action-packed Indiana Jones movie would have a car chase?

And as far as the Crystal Skulls go, there's not much context in that title.

Don't get cocky, kid.

Those are still considered potential "spoilers" any way you look at it.

Finn

Staff member
Still, usage of brain cells is recommended when dealing with this topic. Some spoilers do big harm, some do very little or no harm at all if they're presented out of context.

We're not machines, ya know.