Second Movie Poster?

OhioJones

indy4_shiaposter.jpg

http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/for...na-jones-and-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull

Looks pretty neat.

metalinvader

If it is real then it seems wierd that they would do a second teaser poster when it's so close to the movies release.

Inbanana

Looks more like the LC teaser poster to me with a KotCS Indy head photoshopped onto it... I gotta guess this is fake or just used for marketing licensed products...

TheLastCrusader

Inbanana said:
Looks more like the LC teaser poster to me with a KotCS Indy head photoshopped onto it... I gotta guess this is fake or just used for marketing licensed products...
Indeed. Looking at it that way, Ford seems to have weird proportions too.

No Ticket

I think that one looks kind of ugly, personally. I want to see the final poster. And it had better be good!

A_True_Believer

It's not fake. We've seen this art before on the back of the new action figure packaging.

It may not be a movie poster though - it could be an advertisement for the toy line. Note the Hasbro logo on the bottom left corner of the poster next to it, suggesting that the poster is in an environment where toys are being displayed.

That said, I like this artwork, at least for Indy (Mutt, as I said before, looks tired). I could see this as the center of the final movie poster, with sketches of other characters and locations spread around it like in the Raiders and Crusade posters.

Professor Jones

A_True_Believer said:
It's not fake. We've seen this art before on the back of the new action figure packaging.

I agree... it's surely not fake... even the decorated-carved-red-wall style in background it's the same of the toy packages. It's orginal. And I must say that I do like it, even if I admit it's a little "gay"... ;)

snake_surprise

This is definitely for product marketing purposes.

The posters to the right and left are for Hasbro toys (Star Wars), so I think this is going to be used for similar reasons.

It is pretty terrible, though. Shia looks like the villain from Stargate, only in a leather jacket.

commontone

It has the quick and dirty, slightly amateurish look of artwork you see on the cover of genre books, like those by Louis L'Amour, or even The Hardy Boys. That's pretty appropriate in a certain way. My guess is it's real but definitely not an official cinema poster, more for a younger audience...the toy angle makes sense.

There's something weird about Shia's chin and neckline in the poster. Struzan wouldn't let that slide, and besides don't we know for sure he is doing the official posters? Don't worry, we have yet to see the full, official poster.

snake_surprise

I could be wrong, but I thought there was going to be another teaser poster of sorts before we get the final one-sheet.

Not sure why I am thinking that, I thought I read that somewhere recently or around the time that the first teaser came out.

Anyone have any info on this?