Tomb Raider: The Games

Goodsport

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Actually, I just got the Logitech Dual Action Gamepad (which seems to have done wonders for the gameplay of my sports games on my PC :D ).

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp
239295.jpg

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I'll try it out with Emperor's Tomb - anyone here tried both keyboard and gamepad with the game? If so, which do you prefer? :confused:

-G

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Gamepad, by far!
Not that I've beaten the game yet (just don't have much time anymore, between two jobs, four college courses, a drama troupe, and TRN, I barely sleep much less play any games:(.)

Randy_Flagg

Here's my feelings on the Indy Vs Lara thing--

Both games are a disappointment.
On paper, Angel of Darkness wins easily. It's a far more ambitious project. You get to develop your skills over time, you can play a second character, it has dialogue interations interspersed with the action, and a epic storyline that would spread across several sequels. In execution, it's pitiful and full of bugs. A big letdown.

Emperor's Tomb doesn't have such high aspirations, and so it doesn't fall as short. It aims to be nothing more than a 3D action/ beat 'em up/ adventure. No plot depth, nothing particularly ground-breaking or intriquing, and that's fine. The problem I've had is with the controls and the inability to save anywhere. Granted, I've only played the demo, but I'm sure the controls are the same in the real game, and I find them infuriating. I MUCH preferred Infernal Machine's controls, even if they were a bit sluggish.

For my money, the best Indy-style game out there is "Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation." It's huge, has great puzzles, decent graphics, good atmosphere, and although the plot is relatively simple, it's interesting enough to make you want to keep playing.

Goodsport

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Thanks for the info, everyone! :D

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I've also recently upgraded my videocard and soundcard, so along with my new gamepad, I'll most likely have a somewhat different experience with Emperor's Tomb (which will hopefully prepare me for the arrival of the Indy DVD's next week). :)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp By the way, has there lately been a patch for Angel of Darkness that has fixed most (or all) of its bugs? :confused:

-G

berelain19

You shouldn't even ask this question!
Tomb Raider is fun,but a little overdone and too weak in some places.
This movie was made for geek-fans or men who like to watch big boobs,eventhough they are fake...(I can know;I have E-cup and they do not look like Lara's;hers were not wobbling up and down like they should)
Don't get me wrong;I like Angelina Jolie!I think she kicks ass! But the rest of the film was below average!

Gear

Oh totally! Indy would simply wip her gun out of her hand and then wip her around the neck and yank her toward him and throw his fist in her face! Even if it was hand to hand combat, Lora knows like marsial arts or somthing but Indys killed people with the same talent and worse. Indys just too good.

deckard24

I think Indy wouldn't even contemplate fighting her, he'd be too busy trying to get her in bed! This is Lara Croft we are talking about, all I know is if I was Indy that's what I would do, lol!

deckard24

I read a while back that Angelina Jolie (who by no means is small chested), wore a padded sports bra to boost her cup size to attempt to match the proportions of Croft. Only if they brought in Dolly Parton would there have been complete accuracy in terms of the super tiny waist and huge chest, but THANKFULLY they didn't, lol!
Now just because we are talking about this I may have to go watch the opening scene of Cradle of Life! Jetskiing anyone?

Hammond I'm glad to see someone else was thinking along the same train of thought! I was getting a little worried there with all the talk of slapping around Croft.

berelain19

fiction beating reality? Clintonhammond,do you know reality???? Hahaha!Just teasing.
Honestly,either she wore a very tight corset,or she is just NOT big breasted!
And even if people say she is,well,they do not have to put up with fatty tissue that's always in the way,and only comes in handy when you want male-attention...:eek:

That swimsuit that she's wearing in CoL,is of a material that make roundings more round. And equal color will do that too.

To get back on-topic;I prefer Indy shooting her ass off....as opposed to the lovemaking thing...(yuch,that reminds me of Calista!:sick: )

Gear

Hahaha. Im shure Indy would love to do somthing to her ass but I dont think it would involve a Webly revolver! No but seriously... Indy would win. :whip:

berelain19

Okay,we get your point...I'll shut up about it;you men will never acknowledge the problem...Would you now,please,give your opinion on the question that was initially asked??:D