places to see while touring the uk?

XanaduEli

im going camping from Dundee in scotland to Glastonbury in england with my family this summer and will be making several stops on the way down to visit some cities/towns/vilages/landmarks,:whip:

we have a few ideas of where to go but my mom asked if i could check to get some more ideas

does anybody have any ideas for cities/towns/vilages/landmarks ? :whip:

Dr Bones

You may be considering Blackpool... Scots flock here for some reason...

For the life of me I can't imagine why.

inky_skin

XanaduMel said:
im going camping from Dundee in scotland to Glastonbury in england with my family this summer and will be making several stops on the way down to visit some cities/towns/vilages/landmarks,:whip:

we have a few ideas of where to go but my mom asked if i could check to get some more ideas

does anybody have any ideas for cities/towns/vilages/landmarks ? :whip:

Glastonbury is just north of my location. What are you interested in ? Can recommend the SS Great Britain (Bristol), Longleat House (near to Glastonbury), the Wookey Hole cave system (Somerset). Let me know if you want some more local colour...

XanaduEli

Dr Bones said:
You may be considering Blackpool... Scots flock here for some reason...

For the life of me I can't imagine why.

im actually already going there in October, like i do every year :D but thanks for the suggestion

Glastonbury is just north of my location. What are you interested in ? Can recommend the SS Great Britain (Bristol), Longleat House (near to Glastonbury), the Wookey Hole cave system (Somerset). Let me know if you want some more local colour...
Sweet!
I think my mom was planning on taking us to wookey hole, it sounds really cool
il talk to her about these other places, they sound really interesting!:hat:

Thanks for the suggestions!

is there any other places? if it helps i love anything like castles and historical monuments.

westford

If you're going to be heading south down the east coast, I'd suggest stopping off to visit Edinburgh, Lindisfarne (Holy Island), Bamburgh Castle, York...

Or if you're taking the M74/M6, you could go for Stirling Castle/Bannockburn, Carlisle/Hadrian's Wall, the Lake District (Castleriggs stone circles and Long Meg and her Daughters might be of interest)...

XanaduEli

thanks for the suggestions, I'm heading off on Thursday, any last minute suggestions?

ive to quite a few of those places in Scotland already, I mainly need suggestions for England :D

Montana Smith

XanaduMel said:
thanks for the suggestions, I'm heading off on Thursday, any last minute suggestions?

ive to quite a few of those places in Scotland already, I mainly need suggestions for England :D

If you like castles they don't come much more impressive in England than Warwick Castle:

http://www.warwick-castle.co.uk/

warwick-castle-aerial-aa05526b.jpg

XanaduEli

I LOVE WARWICK CASTLE! i cannot believe we forgot to add that to our list of places to go,
, thanks for reminding me (y)

Montana Smith

XanaduMel said:
I LOVE WARWICK CASTLE! i cannot believe we forgot to add that to our list of places to go,
, thanks for reminding me (y)

...and the jousting begins 24th July! :whip:

Looks like they have a new dungeon, too:

Due to its scary content The Castle Dungeon may not be suitable for children under the age of 10. All children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult...
:dead:

http://www.warwick-castle.co.uk/entertainment/dungeon/the-castle-dungeon.aspx?css=1

XanaduEli

i got back from camping lat tuesday, i went to most of the suggested places, thank you for the help, i may post some pictures soon(y)