Emperor's Tomb hints and tech help

Finn

Staff member
nd said:
There are crates besides the door which you can climb to reach the roof. You'll find something else there if you light your zippo.
How exactly? The crates are there, but when I tried jumping forward, no banana. And because they're not right by the shack wall, a straight jump upwards is no good either. And there seems to be no way to push/pull the small crates.
It's probably some easy thing to realize, but I do not...

nd

Climb the highest crate, then face the roof. Do a standing jump and Indy will grab the roof's ledge. Shimmy right until you can climb up.

philhos

I'm having this distinct problem in Emperor's Tomb:

Everytime I try to swing from my whip or a chain to another chain, I pass right through the 2nd chain. It's like it becomes intangible. I first noticed this on the 2nd part of the Prague level where you need to go from a chain to a chain to a platform to flip a switch and then go the opposite end of the room.

I couldn't get past that part so I did the cheat where you copy another level and rename it that level, etc. etc.

Now, I'm on the 4th or 5th part of the Prague level and I need to whip to a chain to a balcony. Well, guess what? I go right through the chain.

Anyone else have this problem?

I have already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game and I have the patch for the game. I have the latest version of DirectX as well as the latest video card drivers. I've contacted customer support but they have contacted me back and that was well over 3 weeks ago.

Please someone help me!

nOOb

what are your system specs? and try checking the readme, there may be a conflict with your video card or something. it will probably have a list of problem stuff.

Clintwood

How can this happen?

I've finished all the other levels (exept level 7 wher the game locks). So now I've entered the Peru-level for a nice ending of the game...and what happens?...I get stuck!

I've read all WT:s ther are and it doesn't help.

I've found the bamboo-stick and I've entered it in the hole.After that I've tried everything...nothing works.
I've read that there should be some crawl-passage? - I can't find it!
I've also read that I should use my whip on the bamboo-stick somhow...I can't figure out how?

Can someone assist me?

/Clintwood

philhos

what are your system specs? and try checking the readme, there may be a conflict with your video card or something. it will probably have a list of problem stuff.

My PC is custom built; Pentium 3 733MHz; 128 MB RAM; nVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 400 64MB video card; Creative Sound Blaster PCI 128 sound card; 52x CDROM; Windows 98SE with all the latest critical updates; latest video drivers and sound drivers; latest DirectX.

I didn't think to check the README file so I did. No problems there.

I think I know what you are refering to...those are merely ambience chains that cannot actually be jumped onto.

I only wish that were the problem. However, this is the second time I've gotten stuck with this problem. Both times I tried everything I could think of and even consulted various walkthroughs and they all say that I have to use the chain that I cannot seem to use. The first time I copied another level's file and renamed it to the stuck level, but I don't want to do that again (and probably again and again and again, etc.).

I've contacted tech support but they have not responded and it's been over 3 weeks now. I'm starting to get a little fed up and may demand my money back. I love Indy and love to play Indy games and I want to play this one - it has such great potential.

Please, if someone has encountered this problem, please let me know!

Finn

Staff member
The crawling passage is behind the original idol altar, slightly right from it.
You may have to use your lighter to find it.

GamerZ

Is it possable to restore a saved game level if it was deleted? In the game Emperors Tomb I got up to level 8 and everything was fine. I went to play again, went to the page that asks what player or game you'd like to play and I needed to stop the game so I hit the Esc (Escape) button to turn the game off. Well :( when I went to play again, I ended up at level one. My hours of playing just zapped. Is it possable to restore the levels I passed or do I just need to start over? I looked in the saves folder M02_Prague_13 was listed last so I figured it might be possable to restore the game to where I was playing before I zapped it. Thanks in advance for helping me ( and others ) out with this.

P.S. This is the pc game.

[Edited by GamerZ on 12-14-2003 at 05:35 pm]

stewart

Hi I really need help on level 3, I am at a tower and need to get the candle that is inside it, but it is locked, how do I do it?
Please help me, Thanks

rockphtr

I have ET on PS2. I have been tring for 2 days to kill the Kraken and get to the next level. I haven't even set the first charge yet. Is there anybody that has any suggestions or easier ways to kill this monster? Please any help I can get would be appreciated! I have gotten so far I don't want to quit now!

thanks
Scott

VP

Moderator Emeritus
First shoot the jellyfish, and then shoot all of the Kraken's eyes. When he pulls back, set the charges. Then do it again.

philhos

Unless the PS2 is drastically different than from the PC, you just need to shoot one eye on the Kraken (after shooting all the jellyfish) a couple of times at most. You'll know it worked, 'cause the Kraken has like some wierd seizure and darts into the hole behind him. You should have enough time to plant 2 charges at least - depending on how good you are at controlling Jones.

Tennessee R

I have the PC version, and I usually swim immediately to the platform, and grab the charges and gun and two groups of ammo, then wait for all the jellyfish to gather right below the platform, then shoot them all, and jump into the water. I stay where I am, and shoot several times at one eye like philhos said, until the kraken gives the first indication of backing up, then swim over to a column, (usually two, but the first time, just one) and rush back to the platform to repeat the process.

Tennessee R.