Official Whip

the hammer42

I'm gonna go on a three week jungle trip in august.
I did that ten times before. I always got my fedora on when I,m in the jungle.
But this time I'm gonna bring my David Morgan whip along.
I remember our guide in Sri Lanka had a Whip.
He used it to keep wild animals away without hurting them.

QueZTone

the hammer42 said:
I'm gonna go on a three week jungle trip in august.
I did that ten times before. I always got my fedora on when I,m in the jungle.
But this time I'm gonna bring my David Morgan whip along.
I remember our guide in Sri Lanka had a Whip.
He used it to keep wild animals away without hurting them.

that sounds awesome, i envy you there! :)

ive got a question though...as Indy fan IF i would get a whip I definitly wouldn't get any other colour than the original one is. A black whip? Yuck, that's just wrong. Or is it me?

Right now I don't have the money for either though. :p

IndyMcFly

I'm excited to get a kangaroo hide whip myself... but if you watch Last Crusade, watch that last scene, where they're in the temple. To me, his whip looks very black right there... maybe I'm seeing things, but I swear it's black. Nonetheless, I know black isn't screen accurate, and as a GearHead that's disappointing, but I will get a good whip... I aim to have 1 of every item by Halloween of 2007. So, no doubles of anything... yet. Of course, my Dorfman Pacific...? That's another story. It'll be gone as soon as I get this last batch of stuff with the money I've got right now... gunbelt with whip holder, new strap for my MkVII, and a web belt. I'm going to hold up on getting things that require a specific size, because I kinda want them to fit in 2007.
29cd77ad.gif

In Christ,
Shane

IndyMcFly

Well my problem is that I don't think I could bash an Akubra and make it look right! And, how / where do I get the Akubra cleaned or reblocked? That's definately a plus, but I'd like to know where to take the hat if or when I get one. Besides... Michaelson said that "The only other fedoras I own that perform the same way are the PB custom, Keppler, and Fed Deluxe. Regards. Michaelson" So I guess the Keppler holds up well like the Akubra... and I won't have to reblock it. But believe me, if I had any doubt it were a bad hat, I'd get an Akubra. I've got faith in this lid though, so I'm kind of excited to try it out. I don't know... I'm just attracted to this hat a little more than the Akubra. Though, getting an Akubra a little further down the road doesn't seem too out of the question.

In Christ,
Shane

Last edited:

IndyMcFly

You've got a 12 plait, 8-12 foot, kangaroo hide, David Morgan $500 bullwhip? I envy you! I'll be getting an EC Whip "Budget Indy," just because I'm sort of on a time constraint... after that though... *grin*

In Christ,
Shane

I

Indy's_main_man

Just wanted to say that I found the Disney Fedora and took off that pesky pin. Haven't ordered the akubra yet but I wil and this will do until then.